Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision not made - RFE Received

Hello all!

We got an RFE on Friday dated on the same day of the interview (6/26). We already sent the requested document and it got there today.

Now we wait again. Does anyone now how long does it normally take to review the case again?

Thanks.

Comment

• So much waiting

AoS through marriage of USC.
      San Francisco office.
      PD: 3/30/18
      Biometrics: 4/6/18

Case status on app: ?Case is ready to be schedule? as of 5/14/18.

Still waiting. Love how others are getting their interviews though. Gives me hope.

Let me see your timeline.
      B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
      FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
      4/20/18 Received 4 letters
      5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
      5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
      9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
      9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
      9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
      9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
      9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
      2/17/19 Traveled abroad
      3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
      3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarvis_protocol View Post
        PD March 26
        Filing from PA
        Filing AOS concurrently
        Biometrics completed April 26th
        My status said we are ready to scheduled for interview in May, but now both I-485 and I-765 say biometrics completed and working on forms on June 26

Can anyone give me an estimate of when I will receive my EAD card. Opt expires July 2nd and New Job starts in August.

What are my best course of action at this point
        Please add your timeline to your signature. It saves everyone time. List your field office, as well. Filing from PA - does not tell us which field office in Pennsylvania that is.

Expediting your EAD with a job offer has been discussed extensively in this forum. Get a letter from your employer that states you will not be able to continue working as of July 2nd, unless you are able to provide proof of employment authorization. It would be fantastic if your boss adds that losing you would cause deep financial hardship to the company. You can explain to your boss he/she can throw in there the costs associated with hiring, training and retaining a new employee - you get the idea.

Call USCIS and place a request to expedite. Ask them for the fax# to send your evidence. Let them do their thing. In the mean time, you may reach out to your Senator and ask them to help you expedite your request.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
          Yes, same category. Before getting my EAD expedited, I didnt not get any sign from USCIS that they were working on my case.
          I expect my interview to be in between Nov 2018 and Mar 2019 since Seattle it is kind of backlogged...
          Can you share how you did the EAD expediting?

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
            Can you share how you did the EAD expediting?
            If you check USCIS website you will find out several reasons in which USCIS might expedite your case.

In my case my lawyer called USCIS and I contacted congressman team. Due to the severity of my situation,my case was managed by Senator.
            Per my understanding USCIS has received a lot of financial loss requests recently so this might be why if you request under this reason, it might take a while as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
              If you check USCIS website you will find out several reasons in which USCIS might expedite your case.

In my case my lawyer called USCIS and I contacted congressman team. Due to the severity of my situation,my case was managed by Senator.
              Per my understanding USCIS has received a lot of financial loss requests recently so this might be why if you request under this reason, it might take a while as well.
              Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                Please add your timeline to your signature. It saves everyone time. List your field office, as well. Filing from PA - does not tell us which field office in Pennsylvania that is.

Expediting your EAD with a job offer has been discussed extensively in this forum. Get a letter from your employer that states you will not be able to continue working as of July 2nd, unless you are able to provide proof of employment authorization. It would be fantastic if your boss adds that losing you would cause deep financial hardship to the company. You can explain to your boss he/she can throw in there the costs associated with hiring, training and retaining a new employee - you get the idea.

Call USCIS and place a request to expedite. Ask them for the fax# to send your evidence. Let them do their thing. In the mean time, you may reach out to your Senator and ask them to help you expedite your request.

All the best,

USCFFS
                Hello everyone, if anyone has sent an expedite request by fax to National Benefits Center, please share the fax number, thank you. I tried to get one from USCIS customer service but they insisted that I should just wait because my case is still within the processing time sharing that currently NBC is processing cases filed as of January 11, 2018 (mine is 3/22/2018), I tried to explain that I will lose my job if I didn't get an EAD soon, the customer service rep just said to "please wait".

Comment

• Originally posted by MzJ View Post
                  Finally green 💳 in hand. Now to enjoy as little until time to remove the conditions.
                  Congrats!!!! WE have basically the same time scale. My green card was shipped yesterday, I'll received it tomorrow due to the 4th of July. That's fine of course!!!
                  Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                  Package Sent: 3/12
                  PD: 3/14/
                  Checks Cashed: 3/27
                  NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                  NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                  Biometric letter: 4/5
                  Biometric: 4/18
                  Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                  Interview was scheduled 5/22
                  Letter for interview received 5/26
                  Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                  Green card approved after interview
                  Green Card being printed 6/27
                  Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

• Originally posted by mzj View Post
                    finally green 💳 in hand. Now to enjoy as little until time to remove the conditions.
                    congratulations!!!!
                    Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                    03/30/18: Package sent
                    04/02/18: PD
                    04/20/18: NoAs mail
                    05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                    05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                    05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                    Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                    09/29/18: SR
                    10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                    10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                    10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                      Hello everyone, if anyone has sent an expedite request by fax to National Benefits Center, please share the fax number, thank you. I tried to get one from USCIS customer service but they insisted that I should just wait because my case is still within the processing time sharing that currently NBC is processing cases filed as of January 11, 2018 (mine is 3/22/2018), I tried to explain that I will lose my job if I didn't get an EAD soon, the customer service rep just said to "please wait".
                      You need to start escalating your calls. The USCIS manual clearly state they?re supposed to offer to transfer you to an immigration officer.
                      Don?t let them push you around.

Comment

• Today I received my Green Card. It's not exactly in my hand because I am in Tennessee for work but my husband has it and sent me a pic. It's great that I received the card the day after Independence Day... very patriotic!!!

All of you don't despair, I'm sure the interview will arrive sooner or later and so the green card. Be ready for both events!!

Thank you all for how alive you kept this forum, we had almost twice the posts of the January 2018 filers which means there is a huge information exchange and I'm super happy for all of you.

I wish you all the best and write me in case you want to know some info!!!
                        Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                        Package Sent: 3/12
                        PD: 3/14/
                        Checks Cashed: 3/27
                        NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                        NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                        Biometric letter: 4/5
                        Biometric: 4/18
                        Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                        Interview was scheduled 5/22
                        Letter for interview received 5/26
                        Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                        Green card approved after interview
                        Green Card being printed 6/27
                        Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

• Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
                          Today I received my Green Card. It's not exactly in my hand because I am in Tennessee for work but my husband has it and sent me a pic. It's great that I received the card the day after Independence Day... very patriotic!!!

All of you don't despair, I'm sure the interview will arrive sooner or later and so the green card. Be ready for both events!!

Thank you all for how alive you kept this forum, we had almost twice the posts of the January 2018 filers which means there is a huge information exchange and I'm super happy for all of you.

Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                            You need to start escalating your calls. The USCIS manual clearly state they?re supposed to offer to transfer you to an immigration officer.
                            Don?t let them push you around.
                            Thank you for the encouragement. Persistence.

AOS c(9) concurrent filing from Seattle, WA
                            PD: March 22, 2018
                            Chicago Lockbox
                            RD: April 6, 2018
                            National Benefits Center
                            Biometrics: 4/27/18
                            RFE: 6/11/18
                            RFE RD: 6/21/18
                            Last status update: 7/05/18 by email - "we are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" "we will notify you when your case status changes, we last took action on your case on June 21, 2018". :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
                            Today I received my Green Card. It's not exactly in my hand because I am in Tennessee for work but my husband has it and sent me a pic. It's great that I received the card the day after Independence Day... very patriotic!!!

Congratulations!

Comment

• Advice on Expediting EAD

Hello All, I am looking for some advice regarding my application.
                              If anyone has had experience with that:

1st-I filed all my paperwork with my maiden name, because I thought I would not be able to use my married name until my SS card was updated.
                              Should I try to correct the name to match my married name? Or just leave as is?

2nd - I am currently a H1B visa holder, My visa will expire in September and also, I wish to change employer, therefore, it would be better to have my EAD.
                              Can I get an EAD expedition based on severe financial loss to person?
                              How should i proceed to it? Any advice? Should I hire a lawyer?

My dates are as follow:
                              Priority date: 02 March 2018
                              NOA: 01 April 2018
                              Biometrics Appt: 10 April 2018
                              Biometrics complete walk in: 18 April 2018
                              No further communication, It has been 125 days.

I originally missed my appt as I was gone on a work trip when i received the biometrics appt. letter.
                              Is that the reason why my case is taking so long?

Thanks for any advice, it will be much appreciated!

Comment

• Has anybody gotten their EAD/AP card yet?
                                B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                                FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                                4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                                5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                                5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                                9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                                9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                                9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                                9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                                9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                                2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                                3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                                3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X