Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    Thanks for the response. Any idea what's the time range between getting a "case is ready for interview schedule" to actually getting the NOA?

Cheers!
    There is no way to know how long your case will sit at the National benefits Center until your interview is scheduled. It depends upon your field office. Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview does not mean anything. It just means your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. Unless you get a status update that says 'Interview scheduled", then you are not expecting a Notice of action.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aly85 View Post
      Hi all, sharing my timeline

I had my interview yesterday, and I am in complete shock that it took me only 4 months from filing to getting the GC! May be Portland office is not as busy as others? I don't know.

I was here on H1B for 5 years and applied for GC after marrying an American citizen. Applied concurrently

PD March 26 2018
      Bio April 26
      Interview scheduled May 31
      Interview July 10th Approved on the spot
      (never got EAD)

Interview lasted about 40 min, I was asked the usual-- birthday, work, yes/no questions for the first 15 min and the second part was for both my husband and I. Questions included: where and how did you meet? We went on a loooooooong conversation , ended up just opening the photo album and explaining all the pics for the 4 years. He asked who cooks in our family, plans for future, how we spend our weekends and that's about it. It was very informal and friendly.

Good luck everyone!!!!! Let me know if you have any questions
      Hey,
      We have the same timeline and I'm in Portland too! We had our interview on the 12th and were approved on the spot. Have you gotten any updates on whether your card is being produced?
      Initial application sent to: National Benefits Center
      Field Office: Portland, OR

Application sent: 03/24/18
      Application received (PD): 03/28/18
      Electronic notification of receipt: 04/11/18
      Received NoA1 in mail: 04/20/18
      Bio-metrics appointment notice in mail: 04/27/18
      Courtesy letter for i-693: 04/27/18
      Interview scheduled (Email and text update): 6/4/18:
      Notice to appear for initial interview received in mail: 6/9/18
      Interview Completed- (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) : 7/12/18

Comment

• AOS filled in MARCH 2018

Hi Everyone,
        I filled my AOS package (along with I-765, I-131, I-693 and I-864) on March 2018. My I-130 were already approved since February 2018.
        I received 1 NOAs in April 2018 and Biometrics Appointment in the same month. Biometrics were done on April 24, 2018.
        On April 26 received a RFE which was responded in May 2018. USCIS received my response on May 10, 2018.
        Today I received email that my I-485 case was ready for interview.
        I would like to know other experiences on how long did it take to USCIS to schedule the interview, send the notice and the interview to be held?
        In the other hand, my work permit and travel document request were received in March 2018 and no update whatsoever.
        Could I hear others experiences on the EAD/AP card too?
        Thanks

Comment

• Boston EAD Question

Your post encouraged me, also a long time lurker and fellow March 485 filer, to come out of the dark. You all have been of great help and reassurance during this excruciating wait. Nice to see others whose applications are moving along!

Does anyone know if the EAD processing occurs at the NBC or at the local field office? What is the process for expediting EAD requests? My H1B visa expires 9/22 and no news yet on EAD.

Sharing my timeline below. Anyone Boston filers with insight on EAD/GC processing timelines? Good luck everyone, hang tight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          NBC filing of marriage based AOS. Local field office is Boston
          Timeline:

03/21/18 - Concurrent Filing and accepted I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 (PD)
          03/31/18 - Four NOA1's e-notice
          04/02/18 - Four NOA1's arrived in the mail
          04/25/18 - Biometrics appointment
          05/15/18 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'

Originally posted by Dandelion View Post
          Hello, hello, you helpful and reassuring creatures!

Long time lurker, first time poster, and fellow March 485 filer here. I am so happy for those of you who have gotten their green card approved already. So exciting! No such luck for me yet --- my field office is the DC branch and my wait time is looong. Funny, I thought of you guys today when I called USCIS. The agent said "wait times are long all around the country, it takes a year for anyone to get an interview for their 485" and I just smiled to myself and thought not my march immi friends. I know a bunch that are already set

And can you believe this thread is up to almost 70,000 views?! I saw that today and I felt motivated to finally open an account and call all fellow lurkers such as me to come out from the shadows and share their progress (or lack thereof?) as well. Where are my brothers and sisters with no news on their much-needed EAD? Those religiously checking the USCIS case status portal for any sort of "interview scheduled" update? Maybe I am just in search of not feeling so left-behind by my field office's slow review process, but I would love to commiserate with those of you that are still waiting for news.

I know I can't be the only one who has read all posts from a distance and secretly sulked in her own case's slow progress. Looking forward to reading y'alls wisdom.
          Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
          3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
          3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
          3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
          4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
          4/25 - Biometrics appt
          5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
          6/06 - Change of Address Completed
          8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
          9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
          9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

• Boston EAD Question

Your posts encouraged me, also a long time lurker and fellow March 485 filer, to come out of the dark. You all have been of great help and reassurance during this excruciating wait. Nice to see others whose applications are moving along!

Does anyone know if the EAD processing occurs at the NBC or at the local field office? What is the process for expediting EAD requests? My H1B visa expires 9/22 and no news yet on EAD.

Sharing my timeline below. Anyone Boston filers with insight on EAD/GC processing timelines? Good luck everyone, hang tight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            NBC filing of marriage based AOS. Local field office is Boston
            Timeline:

03/21/18 - Concurrent Filing and accepted I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 (PD)
            03/31/18 - Four NOA1's e-notice
            04/02/18 - Four NOA1's arrived in the mail
            04/25/18 - Biometrics appointment
            05/15/18 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
            Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
            3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
            3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
            3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
            4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
            4/25 - Biometrics appt
            5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
            6/06 - Change of Address Completed
            8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
            9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
            9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

• i-130 & i-485 Approved

Hello Everyone,

Finally we got the update we were waiting for, our cases were approved on 7/12 after replying to the RFE on 6/29. Case got updated to "We ordered your new card" same day.

Today 7/16/18 I received 2 Notice of Action (i-797) on the mail. They are approval notices. I am so anxious to finally have the card on our hands. My wife has a really important upcoming trip.

Will I get another status update other than the "We ordered your new card" or does that mean they are in process? Also, we have an infopass appointment to see if we can get the passport stamped. Is there any required documents or photos we would need to bring with us to try and get the passport stamped?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by abe83 View Post
                Hello, I'm just wondering if my case is still in the normal processing time. If you check my timeline I received ?notice was returned...? raised and SR and nothing yet except they updated my case to ?Name was updated? any help please?
                Did you end up getting the notice?

Comment

• Help to Expedite EAD

Hello everyone, I finally got some attention back from USCIS to expedite processing of EAD, I received a letter requesting for evidence for reasons to expedite. I have read that expedites are routinely not approved but it doesn't hurt to try.
                  Please share any suggestions on a format that will make a successful expedite request, I am inclined to give financial loss or humanitarian reasons.
                  If you had made a successful expedite would love to see what you've done.
                  Will appreciate any help.

AOS c(9) Seattle, WA
                  PD: 3/22/18
                  Chicago Lockbox
                  RD: 4/06/18
                  National Benefits Center
                  BIO: 4/27/18
                  RFE: 6/11/18
                  RFE RD: 6/21/18
                  07/02/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

Comment

• Oh Gosh the WAAAAIIITTTT!!!!

Hi All

Coming from out of the dark after feeling so heartwarmed that I am not the only one going through all of my many emotions..lol

AOS for marriage to USC
                    Florida Filer: FLL -
                    Date Rcvd: March 23, 2018
                    Filed I-130, I-131, I-765, I-485 concurrently.
                    April 26 - Biometrics
                    Date not remembered - Cse Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                    June 23rd - Finger Print Review Completed "As of June 23, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1890844024, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you."

Question: Does this mean my file wont be sent to the field office? A decision will be made at NBC?

All these updates are from the I-485, ALL OTHER Files still remain as Case Is Received.

All receipts were sent from National Benefits Centre

Comment

• Originally posted by desselb View Post
                      Hi All

Coming from out of the dark after feeling so heartwarmed that I am not the only one going through all of my many emotions..lol

AOS for marriage to USC
                      Florida Filer: FLL -
                      Date Rcvd: March 23, 2018
                      Filed I-130, I-131, I-765, I-485 concurrently.
                      April 26 - Biometrics
                      Date not remembered - Cse Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                      June 23rd - Finger Print Review Completed "As of June 23, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1890844024, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you."

Question: Does this mean my file wont be sent to the field office? A decision will be made at NBC?

All these updates are from the I-485, ALL OTHER Files still remain as Case Is Received.

All receipts were sent from National Benefits Centre
                      Are you adjusting from K-1 visa?
                      All files remain at the NBC until your interview is scheduled. Then the file is transferred to the field office

Comment

• ead approved

hi, i was a silent reader till now. here is my timeline.

pd 03/16/2018
                        biometrics 04/18/2018
                        case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 04/25/2018
                        EAD/AP approved 07/20/2018

no expedite requests no rfe's no sr's. filed with an attorney from houston tx.
                        no signs of interview yet.

if you have any questions feel free to ask. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by mmurat View Post

pd 03/16/2018
                          biometrics 04/18/2018

Wow! Congrats! I?m still waiting for my ead/ap.
                          Didn?t expedite. PD is 3/30.
                          Wishing the best for all of us.
                          B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                          FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                          4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                          5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                          5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                          9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                          9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                          9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                          9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                          9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                          2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                          3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                          3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

pd 03/16/2018
                            biometrics 04/18/2018

Wow, that some great news. congratulations.
                            Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                            03/30/2018 - PD
                            04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                            04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                            05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
                            05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                            09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

pd 03/16/2018
                              biometrics 04/18/2018

My PD is 3/21/18, hopefully we're next. Which office was your paperwork sent to? we're at NBC
                              3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                              4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                              4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                              4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                              7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                              8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                              8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                              8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Shae View Post
                                My PD is 3/21/18, hopefully we're next. Which office was your paperwork sent to? we're at NBC
                                I think everyone's EAD is processed at NBC. I will be after you i guess, Please post when you do receive something. Good Luck.
                                Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                                03/30/2018 - PD
                                04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                                04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                                05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
                                05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                                09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X