Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dandelion View Post
    Congrats, everyone! Seems like 7/31 was a big approval day for EADs. Got the card is getting produced alert as well, and just received a ?we mailed your card? email. Was anyone else anxiously waiting for their EAD because their current permit was expiring soon? Mine came down to the wire ?1 week left on the old one!

New question: For those with a pending I-130, is your status also ?we received your case? since the beginning? The I-485 has had movement, but not I-130.
    There should be a USPS tracking number. Make sure to follow closely and stalk your mail carrier.

Comment

• How did you add the footer?

This made my day better too. I have been feeling anxious all week and was frustrated to see the inquiry dates jump back today. Thank you! And congratulations to you. We're PD 3/22, so fingers crossed we'll be up soon.

Side note - how did you add a footer to your messages?

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      You're welcome! I believe that understanding what happens backstage helps get through the grinding wait.

I noticed the same in the data. However, here's probably why it does not line up with the calculation I just did. A tier 2 told me they do try to work on cases that are not likely to get an interview soon. In other words, they are probably sorting through jurisdictions. The system may not do it for them which makes it rather a manual process.

Have you looked up receipts on the case tracker app? Look at this receipt MSC1890690002 I-765 Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means July 10, 2018. This case is probably one of those green card in 90 days cases that went straight to interviews. (I did not spend time corroborating or looking up sister receipts for that I-765 example. I won't. We all have better things to do)/

So if you were to link the I-765 information to the jurisdiction, the data would likely be more reflective of the processing times. In an ideal world, people in jurisdictions that process green cards in 6 months or less should not have the option to submit applications for EAD/AP. Sounds a little radical but it would really lower the workload for all service centers and the NBC.
      --------------
      NBC filing of marriage based AOS. Local field office is Boston. Timeline:

03/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
      03/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
      04/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
      04/25 - Biometrics appointment
      05/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
      07/16 - Requested expedited EAD to hotline
      07/18 - Review of request for expedite is complete (no message of further action received yet, in process of going through congressman).
      Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
      3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
      3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
      3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
      4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
      4/25 - Biometrics appt
      5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
      6/06 - Change of Address Completed
      8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
      9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
      9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

• Down to the wire

I'm in the same boat, hoping to not come as close to or over the wire. 51 days to go. H1B expiring on 9/22 (just over 6.5 months from PD 3/21). It makes me happy to hear you got your notification; a warm sense of camaraderie with strangers is nice. Congratulations!

Yep - I-130, I-765, I-131 haven't moved from 'Case was received' since the beginning. Only the I-485 has had movement, like you.

Originally posted by Dandelion View Post
        Congrats, everyone! Seems like 7/31 was a big approval day for EADs. Got the card is getting produced alert as well, and just received a ?we mailed your card? email. Was anyone else anxiously waiting for their EAD because their current permit was expiring soon? Mine came down to the wire ?1 week left on the old one!

New question: For those with a pending I-130, is your status also ?we received your case? since the beginning? The I-485 has had movement, but not I-130.
        --------------------

05/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
        07/16 - Requested expedited EAD
        07/18 - Review of request for expedite is complete
        4/25 - Biometrics appt
        5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'

Comment

• Ead delivery

When do U think we should expect our EAD. Mine was approved same day as yours. I also need ssn asap to be added to health insurance. I requested ssn on my 765 form, I wonder if was assigned already???
          Any thoughts?
          Thx
          There should be a USPS tracking number. Make sure to follow closely and stalk your mail carrier.

Comment

• H1B renewal

IT feels nice to have people in the same boat.

I also have an H1B petition expiring on 09/30/2018.
            My company was able to extend until December.
            My visa and driver's license expire on 09/30/2018.
            So, I would need to leave the country to renew my Visa.
            Now, If i don't receive my advance parole before that, and I need to go renew my Visa. Do I need to do anything else in order to not have my Green card application considered abandoned?
            Does anyone know? Anyone in the same situation?

Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post
            I'm in the same boat, hoping to not come as close to or over the wire. 51 days to go. H1B expiring on 9/22 (just over 6.5 months from PD 3/21). It makes me happy to hear you got your notification; a warm sense of camaraderie with strangers is nice. Congratulations!

Yep - I-130, I-765, I-131 haven't moved from 'Case was received' since the beginning. Only the I-485 has had movement, like you.

--------------------

07/16 - Requested expedited EAD
            07/18 - Review of request for expedite is complete

Comment

• interview scheduled

I just got the notice that my interview has been scheduled via the app and website! Does anyone know the date the interview would likely be on - it seems like it's about a month after the notice date?

- - - Updated - - -

My EAD took a week from approval date to delivery.

Originally posted by Kathy234 View Post
              When do U think we should expect our EAD. Mine was approved same day as yours. I also need ssn asap to be added to health insurance. I requested ssn on my 765 form, I wonder if was assigned already???
              Any thoughts?
              Thx
              Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing using lawyer.
              Chicago lockbox. San Jose field office.
              03-01-18 - Priority date.
              03-13-18 - Four I-797 NOA letters
              03-17-18 - Biometrics notice
              03-28-18 - I-693 courtesy letter
              04-05-18 - Biometrics appointment
              04-17-18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
              07-19-18 - EAD/AP approved
              07-26-18 - EAD/AP card delivered
              08-09-18 - Interview notice received (mail)
              09-06-18 - Interview at San Jose office

Comment

• Originally posted by numpy View Post
                I just got the notice that my interview has been scheduled via the app and website! Does anyone know the date the interview would likely be on - it seems like it's about a month after the notice date?

- - - Updated - - -

My EAD took a week from approval date to delivery.
                Wow thats super fast!
                Congrats to you!
                I?m still waiting for my Ead/ap.
                PD is 3/30 FO is SanFo
                B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post
                  This made my day better too. I have been feeling anxious all week and was frustrated to see the inquiry dates jump back today. Thank you! And congratulations to you. We're PD 3/22, so fingers crossed we'll be up soon.

Side note - how did you add a footer to your messages?

--------------

07/16 - Requested expedited EAD to hotline
                  07/18 - Review of request for expedite is complete (no message of further action received yet, in process of going through congressman).
                  Click on settings. Then on the left, you will see My Settings, and right below that Edit my signature. You have 500 characters available.

Comment

• EAD approval

Click on settings. Then on the left, you will see My Settings, and right below that Edit my signature. You have 500 characters available.
                    I got my EAD approved today

PD March 26

Comment

• Congratulations!!!

Originally posted by Jarvis_protocol View Post

PD March 26
                      Congratulations 🎉 Work that money. If you have not received an interview date, then closely monitor the expiration date of the EAD and apply 180 days before it expires. Congratulations 🎉 All the best.
                      7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                      10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                      7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                      8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                      5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
                        Congratulations 🎉 Work that money. If you have not received an interview date, then closely monitor the expiration date of the EAD and apply 180 days before it expires. Congratulations 🎉 All the best.

Wow congratulations!
                        I?m still waiting patiently on mine. PD is 3/30
                        B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                        FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                        4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                        5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                        5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                        9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                        9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                        9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                        9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                        9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                        2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                        3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                        3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarvis_protocol View Post

PD March 26
                          Sweet deal! I am glad to see that March 2018 are getting their EADs in spite of the longer processing times they just listed.

Comment

• H1B expiry

Gosh, I'm not sure how that situation would work. I think with an underlying valid visa stamp (H1B) you can re-enter the country, and your existing I-485 wouldn't be considered abandoned, but probably your AP application would be in that scenario.

If I don't receive the EAD before my current visa expires, then I will go on an unpaid Leave of Absence. No extension filed for the H1B here.

Originally posted by ltom1 View Post
                            IT feels nice to have people in the same boat.

I also have an H1B petition expiring on 09/30/2018.
                            My company was able to extend until December.
                            My visa and driver's license expire on 09/30/2018.
                            So, I would need to leave the country to renew my Visa.
                            Now, If i don't receive my advance parole before that, and I need to go renew my Visa. Do I need to do anything else in order to not have my Green card application considered abandoned?
                            Does anyone know? Anyone in the same situation?
                            4/25 - Biometrics appt

Comment

• Ssn

Have a question about SSN. I have my SS card in hand from OPT/F1 which is expired a year ago and it was registered in another state. After getting married I moved to a new state. On my I-765 application, I didn't request for a new SS card thinking that I don't need one. Now the question is when I get my new EAD should I go to social security to make sure everything is aligned with my new "status" and make address change?
                              Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                              03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
                              03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
                              04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
                              04/11- cheques cashed
                              04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
                              04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
                              05/02- Biometrics walk-in
                              08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
                              08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
                              08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

• Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post
                                Have a question about SSN. I have my SS card in hand from OPT/F1 which is expired a year ago and it was registered in another state. After getting married I moved to a new state. On my I-765 application, I didn't request for a new SS card thinking that I don't need one. Now the question is when I get my new EAD should I go to social security to make sure everything is aligned with my new "status" and make address change?
                                I would, cant hurt having all your ducks lined up in a row. Have you filed taxes under that SSN? I believe its yours forever.
                                4-18-18 PD
                                4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
                                9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
                                10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
                                10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
                                10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
                                11-13-18 Interview
                                11-13-18 New card being produced
                                11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
                                11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X