Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
    is in April? or was? if it is next year then you are missing out on that.. best of luck though.

- - - Updated - - -

Your process just started, trust me you will need lot of patience, and I mean a lot of it, lot of people did not get any status update after Biometrics, but they did get their EAD. As long as your getting to those milestones, status update does not matter.
    We have the same PD.
    Still no ead/ap update?
    B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
    FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
    4/20/18 Received 4 letters
    5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
    5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
    9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
    9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
    9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
    9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
    9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
    2/17/19 Traveled abroad
    3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
    3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by jatra View Post
      Hi Shae! Can I check with you is there any update on your case after your bio done on 04/27 ? or nothing until 07/06 you got an updated 'ready to interview' ? Thanks. I got nothing updated since bio done in 2wks so really worry by now
      I had no update until July..... it was very nerve wrecking
      3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
      4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
      4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
      4/27/18 - biometrics complete
      7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
      8/10/18 - EAD in Production
      8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
      8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Shae View Post
        I had no update until July..... it was very nerve wrecking
        Oh. Which city is your field office?

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
          We have the same PD.
          Still no ead/ap update?
          No update yet BayAreaCaliAOS, still waiting for it, may be I will raise a service request soon if I don't see an update in next 10 days as my visa is soon to expire and I may lose my job.
          Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
          03/30/2018 - PD
          04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
          04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
          05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
          05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
          09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

No update yet BayAreaCaliAOS, still waiting for it, may be I will raise a service request soon if I don't see an update in next 10 days as my visa is soon to expire and I may lose my job.
            I would go straight to your Senator or Congressperson. They need to know that the NBC is not working on applications as they are received. Unless we make Congress and the Senate aware of this, they won't find out.
            Same with the employment-based glitch. I see that topic never comes up during those talks that USCIS holds periodically to get feedback from stakeholders and AILA. Maybe I should email them.

Comment

• Where on DHS?

Originally posted by Shae View Post
              Checked the DHS website and it said the EAD card is in production!!!

Checked the uscis website and there's no mention of it. I hope we're not being punked

PD 3/21/18
              Great news, congrats! Where did you check on the DHS website? The USCIS case tracker is all I've been using.
              Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
              3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
              3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
              3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
              4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
              4/25 - Biometrics appt
              5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
              6/06 - Change of Address Completed
              8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
              9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
              9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

• Originally posted by jatra View Post
                Oh. Which city is your field office?
                New York City

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post
                Great news, congrats! Where did you check on the DHS website? The USCIS case tracker is all I've been using.
                3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

• Interview tomorrow

Tomorrow we are going to have our AOS interview in Charlotte, NC. As you can see by my signature, the interview date came up pretty fast!

I keep my fingers crossed, as well as my tows, my knees, everything! I'll keep you posted about questions, experience etc.

Best of luck to all of you.
                  Asheville, NC. Married to a USC

3/20/18 PD I-485
                  3/30/18 PD I-765:
                  4/12/18 BIOS for both applications
                  4/18/18 I-485 NOA "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
                  7/11/18 I-485 Interview is scheduled for August 14th
                  8/3/2018 AP approved
                  8/14/2018 2 years GC approved on the spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanda View Post
                    Tomorrow we are going to have our AOS interview in Charlotte, NC. As you can see by my signature, the interview date came up pretty fast!

I keep my fingers crossed, as well as my tows, my knees, everything! I'll keep you posted about questions, experience etc.

Best of luck to all of you.
                    Wow! Congrats! So happy andd jealous at the same time. Lol
                    Just enjoy the moment and goodluck!
                    B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                    FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                    4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                    5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                    5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                    9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                    9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                    9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                    9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                    9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                    2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                    3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                    3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                      I would go straight to your Senator or Congressperson. They need to know that the NBC is not working on applications as they are received. Unless we make Congress and the Senate aware of this, they won't find out.
                      Same with the employment-based glitch. I see that topic never comes up during those talks that USCIS holds periodically to get feedback from stakeholders and AILA. Maybe I should email them.
                      Yes, that's true they should know whats going on. I will see if a service request can resolve this then will go for a infopass and if not then a Senator or Congressmen in that order. But yes it will be a good idea to get acquainted with the process of reaching out to the Senator as I know I would need that when interview approaches.

I feel it is coming soon, since some other people with same PD have also not received yet.
                      Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                      03/30/2018 - PD
                      04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                      04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                      05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
                      05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                      09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

Yes, that's true they should know whats going on. I will see if a service request can resolve this then will go for a infopass and if not then a Senator or Congressmen in that order. But yes it will be a good idea to get acquainted with the process of reaching out to the Senator as I know I would need that when interview approaches.

I feel it is coming soon, since some other people with same PD have also not received yet.
                        If your visa expires in 10 days, I would skip Info Pass. I would just place a request to expedite, and would escalate it by going to your Senator. Show that you would be placed on unpaid leave until you can provide evidence of employment authorization.

Current Case inquiry date for c9 I-765 at the NBC is January 27th, 2018. That's 6 months 18 days.

Comment

• [QUOTE=hopeanddream;577422]is in April? or was? if it is next year then you are missing out on that.. best of luck though.

Unfortunately is so we're missing out on the 10 year, but happy we have an interview soon!
                          Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing using lawyer.
                          Chicago lockbox. San Jose field office.
                          03-01-18 - Priority date.
                          03-13-18 - Four I-797 NOA letters
                          03-17-18 - Biometrics notice
                          03-28-18 - I-693 courtesy letter
                          04-05-18 - Biometrics appointment
                          04-17-18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                          07-19-18 - EAD/AP approved
                          07-26-18 - EAD/AP card delivered
                          08-09-18 - Interview notice received (mail)
                          09-06-18 - Interview at San Jose office

Comment

• Originally posted by numpy View Post
                            Unfortunately is so we're missing out on the 10 year, but happy we have an interview soon!
                            It is what it is. Someone -very wisely- told me recently, that you have to do your best with whatever cards you're dealt with. You have your interview coming. Sure, ROC is a pain, but you will be eligible for citizenship a year earlier than the rest of us. At the end of the day, you do not have status, until you adjust status. EAD/AP are all good but that does not grant status. Most people fail to realize that. My parents for instance, I told them today my husband just got his EAD/AP and they said "Perfect! All his problems are solved!" Well, no, not really. He can work and apply for entry to the US if he travels abroad - that's it.

Congrats on your interview. As I tell everyone, prepare for a zombie apocalypse and the interview will seem like cake. Follow Emerald 2020's table of contents and present what applies to you.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

• March filing I765- no EAD yet.

Any I485 /I765 march filers (EB1A I140 approved) still waiting for EAD/AP to arrive?
                              Anyone have any thoughts on this long delay in EAD/AP arrival? My current EAD expires in early October...have to stop work if it gets delayed till then. What would be the status during that time?

Comment

• Expediting EAD

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                                If your visa expires in 10 days, I would skip Info Pass. I would just place a request to expedite, and would escalate it by going to your Senator. Show that you would be placed on unpaid leave until you can provide evidence of employment authorization.

Current Case inquiry date for c9 I-765 at the NBC is January 27th, 2018. That's 6 months 18 days.
                                You are right about NBC inquiry date. How much time after I765 filing can one raise a Service Request with USCIS?
                                My current EAD expires in early October 2018. And have no idea when my I765 (March filing with I140 approved in EB1A) will be approved.
                                My lawyer is evil. He says he cannot help with expediting process the EAD. Does anyone have a process link where either a hardship expedition or monetary loss is explained on how to apply?
                                Thanks so much for discussing in this forum!
                                All this wait for the coveted residency status is not an easy task.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X