Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i765 approval notice but not ead card

sign so my i765 was approved on 9/5 (i have approval notice in hand) and I still havent received any information on the ead card (which mean i still cant work). I called the uscis number and the person said i should expect the card in 60 days...is this even logical??!! anyone else has this situation??((

Comment

• Originally posted by waitinglife_ing View Post
      sign so my i765 was approved on 9/5 (i have approval notice in hand) and I still havent received any information on the ead card (which mean i still cant work). I called the uscis number and the person said i should expect the card in 60 days...is this even logical??!! anyone else has this situation??((
      You are authorized to work since the date your I-765 is approved. Yes, your employer needs the EAD to get the information to verify the I-9. HOWEVER, that same information is contained on your I-765 approval notice. The USCIS number is the same as your A number minus the A. Your Card # is actually your receipt #. MSC1890 **** **. So technically, your employer must complete the I-9 within 72 hours. You could also try to do a self-check on e-verify.

All I am saying is that if you have an understanding employer, and you show them all your paper trail of I-797s, they will see that you are authorized to work. I mean, you could even call USCIS in their presence and have the representative confirm that your I-765 was approved.

If you are not signed up for USPS informed delivery, you should. As soon as your USPS tracking number is available, you should get a text with the tracking number.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
        I wanted to know from people who already got the EAD, when are you planning to apply for EAD renewal, especially people from Houston or Minnesota? considering it will take at least 5 to 6 months fro processing or is there a minimum time before your EAD expire you can apply?

PS: I can see pictures of two mails from USCIS in USPS informed delivery section, I know one is the EAD, not sure about the other one.
        Prior to getting the combo card,
        I got 2 apporval notices.
        Your combo card will come in a small usps envelope.
        Got mine couple days later after receiving the 2 notices.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        You are authorized to work since the date your I-765 is approved. Yes, your employer needs the EAD to get the information to verify the I-9. HOWEVER, that same information is contained on your I-765 approval notice. The USCIS number is the same as your A number minus the A. Your Card # is actually your receipt #. MSC1890 **** **. So technically, your employer must complete the I-9 within 72 hours. You could also try to do a self-check on e-verify.

All I am saying is that if you have an understanding employer, and you show them all your paper trail of I-797s, they will see that you are authorized to work. I mean, you could even call USCIS in their presence and have the representative confirm that your I-765 was approved.

If you are not signed up for USPS informed delivery, you should. As soon as your USPS tracking number is available, you should get a text with the tracking number.

All the best,

USCFFS
        I just got a notice saying that I will be receiving a letter from SSA today.
        Im so pumped! I think thats my SSC.
        B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
        FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
        4/20/18 Received 4 letters
        5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
        5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
        9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
        9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
        9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
        9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
        9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
        2/17/19 Traveled abroad
        3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
        3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post

All the best,

USCFFS
          Thank you. Yes, my employer needs the copy of the card to verify i-9 so i dont think i cant get away with it. Also, i signed up usps informed delivery, but it told me its not available in my area for some reason. Also my casetracker until now never updated (still case received) and my dhs one said approved but not card in production. So either way the only thing i can do is to wait and this is so upsetting since i knew exactly that my work authorized date started on 9/5.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitinglife_ing View Post
            Thank you. Yes, my employer needs the copy of the card to verify i-9 so i dont think i cant get away with it. Also, i signed up usps informed delivery, but it told me its not available in my area for some reason. Also my casetracker until now never updated (still case received) and my dhs one said approved but not card in production. So either way the only thing i can do is to wait and this is so upsetting since i knew exactly that my work authorized date started on 9/5.
            It is not about getting away with it. Did you already complete background checks and drug tests for your job?

I would call USCIS and escalate your call.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              I could very well be wrong there. I hope I am. It's just that you would have gotten the USPS tracking number by now, especially if you are signed up for Informed Delivery.

Regarding renewal, all you need to show that your EAD has been automatically extended for 180 days is your I-797. That's actually nice. I've noticed, though, that filing for renewal seems to trigger interviews to be scheduled. It might be coincidence, but it would make sense, if the system is actually set up that way.

All the best,

USCFFS
              You were right got two approval notices. Wow, renewal can trigger an interview, I need to think about that and file accordingly.
              Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
              03/30/2018 - PD
              04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
              04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
              05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
              05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
              09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                Prior to getting the combo card,
                I got 2 apporval notices.
                Your combo card will come in a small usps envelope.
                Got mine couple days later after receiving the 2 notices.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got a notice saying that I will be receiving a letter from SSA today.
                Im so pumped! I think thats my SSC.
                Thanks, yes indeed they were two approval notices, since my status only changed on 9/17, I will wait couple more days and see.
                03/30/2018 - PD
                04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)

Comment

• EAD renewal concerns

Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
                  You were right got two approval notices. Wow, renewal can trigger an interview, I need to think about that and file accordingly.
                  I received my EAD combo card a month ago. I am planning to submit renewal docs between end of Feb- March 2019. I just don't want to have a gap in between expired and new EAD. It is just too much headache in Houston not to have the actual card. I am hoping to avoid EAD cardless days by submitting renewal request as early as 6 months. Just a note; I am applying from Houston and wait time is almost 2 years here. Right now PD January 2017 is getting interviews!! I do agree that the EAD renewal triggers for interview but unfortunately Houston is out of all norms..

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post
                  I hope not, as I included the medical file for I-693 in sealed envelope with my concurrent filing along with I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 and I-864 :-o
                  I hope it is something very easy to collect!
                  03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
                  03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
                  04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
                  04/11- cheques cashed
                  04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
                  04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
                  05/02- Biometrics walk-in
                  08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
                  08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
                  08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

• Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post
                    Thank you I hope so too.
                    C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                    03/23 PD
                    04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                    04/26 Biometrics in NO
                    06/24 Fingerprint review completed
                    09/05 RFIE I-485
                    09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
                    10/15 Infopass Montgomery
                    10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                    10/23 RFIE received by NBC
                    10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
                    11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                    11/09 New Card produced
                    11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                    11/15 EAD mailed to me
                    11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                    11/19 Combo received
                    12/07 Interview scheduled
                    01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

• InfoPass appintment

I had an InfoPass appointment.
                      The employee confirmed us that my file is still at the NBC (she didn't seem surprised when I let her know that a Tier 1 officer said my file was at the field office -so useless!). She had no idea why my case status doesn't show up on the phone (a glitch I would say) but kindly implied that we won't get an interview in the next couple weeks if my file is not even at the field office so we can go on vacation without worrying!
                      My case has been ready to be scheduled since June so we just have to wait. I hope we'd get an interview by December since we are visiting my home country in January.
                      Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
                      3-12-18 - Priority date
                      4-09-18 - Biometrics done
                      5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
                      5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
                      6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
                      7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
                      7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
                      7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post
                        I received my EAD combo card a month ago. I am planning to submit renewal docs between end of Feb- March 2019. I just don't want to have a gap in between expired and new EAD. It is just too much headache in Houston not to have the actual card. I am hoping to avoid EAD cardless days by submitting renewal request as early as 6 months. Just a note; I am applying from Houston and wait time is almost 2 years here. Right now PD January 2017 is getting interviews!! I do agree that the EAD renewal triggers for interview but unfortunately Houston is out of all norms..

- - - Updated - - -

yep that would actually be close to 180 days prior to expiration, I might also take a chance at that and file around the same time and hope it does not trigger an interview, even if it does, I would be very close to my second marriage anniversary by the time interview comes up.
                        03/30/2018 - PD

Comment

• Originally posted by belu31 View Post
                          I had an InfoPass appointment.
                          The employee confirmed us that my file is still at the NBC (she didn't seem surprised when I let her know that a Tier 1 officer said my file was at the field office -so useless!). She had no idea why my case status doesn't show up on the phone (a glitch I would say) but kindly implied that we won't get an interview in the next couple weeks if my file is not even at the field office so we can go on vacation without worrying!
                          My case has been ready to be scheduled since June so we just have to wait. I hope we'd get an interview by December since we are visiting my home country in January.
                          what field office your case falls into?
                          03/30/2018 - PD

Comment

• hi guys! any news? nothing here... I still waiting for the EAD.
                            Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                            03/30/18: Package sent
                            04/02/18: PD
                            04/20/18: NoAs mail
                            05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                            05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                            05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                            Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                            09/29/18: SR
                            10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                            10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                            10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
                              hi guys! any news? nothing here... I still waiting for the EAD.
                              182 days since they received my I-765. My PD is 03/23/2018 and according to the Tracking times they are processing 03/22/2018 so Sunday/Monday I can finally submit online service request based on my case being outside normal processing time...

Status for I-765 since June 25th has been "Fingerprint review was completed."

On a related note, on Sept 5th RFIE was sent to me regarding I-485 and to this day I haven't received it. Called USCIS, got told have to wait 30 days since they sent it to do anything.

My local office is Montgomery, Al and I cannot find anyone who is waiting for an interview or already passed the interview at this location.

Afrolinda, fingers crossed you'll receive EAD as soon as possible
                              C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                              03/23 PD
                              04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                              04/26 Biometrics in NO
                              06/24 Fingerprint review completed
                              09/05 RFIE I-485
                              09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
                              10/15 Infopass Montgomery
                              10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                              10/23 RFIE received by NBC
                              10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
                              11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                              11/09 New Card produced
                              11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                              11/15 EAD mailed to me
                              11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                              11/19 Combo received
                              12/07 Interview scheduled
                              01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post
                                182 days since they received my I-765. My PD is 03/23/2018 and according to the Tracking times they are processing 03/22/2018 so Sunday/Monday I can finally submit online service request based on my case being outside normal processing time...

Status for I-765 since June 25th has been "Fingerprint review was completed."

On a related note, on Sept 5th RFIE was sent to me regarding I-485 and to this day I haven't received it. Called USCIS, got told have to wait 30 days since they sent it to do anything.

My local office is Montgomery, Al and I cannot find anyone who is waiting for an interview or already passed the interview at this location.

Afrolinda, fingers crossed you'll receive EAD as soon as possible
                                Hang in there. You got this. I really hope you and Afrolinda will get your combo cards soon.
                                B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                                FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                                4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                                5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                                5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                                9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                                9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                                9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                                9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                                9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                                2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                                3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                                3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X