Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
    Have you called them to check? What have they said?
    I did call them they said it?s on normal processing time !!
    But it?s weird

Comment

• Approved on spot!!

Sooooo! We had our interview yesterday morning at the Cleveland office.
      We arrived around 9:30, went through security and then up in the elevator to the 5th floor. First Lady to get our letters was nice and cordial. Then I had to do my biometrics again and the second lady wasn?t that nice. Then we waited until around 10:50/11:00. During that time we saw people entering alone, couples being separated, couple enterprises together. So we didn?t know what to expect. Then when our time came it was a male officer, didn?t smile but wasn?t a bad guy looking person too. First he asked for our IDs, then he informe us that the interview was going to be recorded for our process records. Then we swore and after that he asked for the medical envelopes. He started asking stuff from the forms( my name, date and place of birth, actual address, if I ever used another name), and marking the boxes on red pen. At some point he asked something about who moved to the other person?s place and that?s when we explained that we still living in the same place. He got intrigued, started asking a lot about it. I think from the around 40/50 minutes of interview, 5 to 10 was about us not living together. But we explained in what circumstances we end up in two leases and that we didn?t moved together because we didn?t want a new lease when we intended to move to another city. That was a bit after we start so it was quite a strong shake, but we weren?t worried so the rest of it was smooth. He kept asking stuff from the form until we did the yes or now question. Then we jump to my husband form, same thing. He asked about family relationship. Mine with in laws and vice versa. Then he asked for evidence, looking at every new detail with attention and passing all the rest ( like wtsp chat that we already submitted). Made some more questions about the photos and at the end told us he would recommend our case to be approved! The child case couldn?t be approved in spot because they failed to check one box in the vaccine page on the medical report... 🙄. So, he said he was going to call and verify over the phone and if he couldn?t do it then he would send a RFE for that. 😊 He then explained what to do to get the permanent one and dismissed us.
      And at the end of the day the status changed on Egov to ?card been produced? for both of the cards!!!
      And this morning the my uscis updated too.

That?s it!

I have to thank you all for all the help and good energy!
      Specially USCFFS that is a big heart helping us here!
      I am so relieved! Will relax for two years! (Always keeping the documents and stuff 🤣🤣&#129315.
      I used the links USCFFS organized to help with the interview to prepared ou file. And I am glad I did it because I was approved on spot. And I am sure that having good people with strong praying abilities helped too!

If anyone needs more information ors so, message me! I will be checking the forum from time to time. 😊

Now let?s reapply for all the jobs again! Jehhehe see you guys!
      Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
      03/30/18: Package sent
      04/02/18: PD
      04/20/18: NoAs mail
      05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
      05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
      05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
      Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
      09/29/18: SR
      10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
      10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
      10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

And at the end of the day the status changed on Egov to ?card been produced? for both of the cards!!!
        That?s it!
        Big congratulations!
        C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
        03/23 PD
        04/10 4 NOAs I-797
        04/26 Biometrics in NO
        06/24 Fingerprint review completed
        09/05 RFIE I-485
        09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
        10/15 Infopass Montgomery
        10/17 reply to RFIE sent
        10/23 RFIE received by NBC
        10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
        11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
        11/09 New Card produced
        11/13 Approved 765 & 131
        11/15 EAD mailed to me
        11/17 2 NOAs I-797
        11/19 Combo received
        12/07 Interview scheduled
        01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Sooooo!
          I am so relieved! Will relax for two years! (Always keeping the documents and stuff ������).
          I used the links USCFFS organized to help with the interview to prepared ou file. And I am glad I did it because I was approved on spot. And I am sure that having good people with strong praying abilities helped too!

If anyone needs more information ors so, message me! I will be checking the forum from time to time. ��

Congratulations! You prepared thoroughly and it paid off!

All the best,

USCFFS
          Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 11-07-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

We arrived around 9:30, went through security and then up in the elevator to the 5th floor. First Lady to get our letters was nice and cordial. Then I had to do my biometrics again and the second lady wasn?t that nice. Then we waited until around 10:50/11:00. During that time we saw people entering alone, couples being separated, couple enterprises together. So we didn?t know what to expect. Then when our time came it was a male officer, didn?t smile but wasn?t a bad guy looking person too. First he asked for our IDs, then he informe us that the interview was going to be recorded for our process records. Then we swore and after that he asked for the medical envelopes. He started asking stuff from the forms( my name, date and place of birth, actual address, if I ever used another name), and marking the boxes on red pen. At some point he asked something about who moved to the other person?s place and that?s when we explained that we still living in the same place. He got intrigued, started asking a lot about it. I think from the around 40/50 minutes of interview, 5 to 10 was about us not living together. But we explained in what circumstances we end up in two leases and that we didn?t moved together because we didn?t want a new lease when we intended to move to another city. That was a bit after we start so it was quite a strong shake, but we weren?t worried so the rest of it was smooth. He kept asking stuff from the form until we did the yes or now question. Then we jump to my husband form, same thing. He asked about family relationship. Mine with in laws and vice versa. Then he asked for evidence, looking at every new detail with attention and passing all the rest ( like wtsp chat that we already submitted). Made some more questions about the photos and at the end told us he would recommend our case to be approved! The child case couldn?t be approved in spot because they failed to check one box in the vaccine page on the medical report... 🙄. So, he said he was going to call and verify over the phone and if he couldn?t do it then he would send a RFE for that. 😊 He then explained what to do to get the permanent one and dismissed us.

That?s it!

I am so relieved! Will relax for two years! (Always keeping the documents and stuff 🤣🤣&#129315.

If anyone needs more information ors so, message me! I will be checking the forum from time to time. 😊

Congratulations, just logged in after long time to see you get approved. Enjoy and apply for those jobs you always wanted.
            Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
            03/30/2018 - PD
            04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
            04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
            05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
            05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
            09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

That?s it!

Congratulations!!
              Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
              3-12-18 - Priority date
              4-09-18 - Biometrics done
              5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
              5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
              6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
              7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
              7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
              7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

Hey Kstew, any news!?!

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea! Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so! Crossing fingers! 🤞🏾
                I unfortunately haven't received any mails or online updates , it's been 4 weeks since the interview date, knowing it might take long time to process and review, but it's still frustrated a little bit about the fact that my online case not even updated that interview was completed. We're in Houston field and I know it's kinda odd to get the interview only 6 months after PD (cuz the timeline expecting around 16 months), the only thing we can do right now is waiting and maybe calling soon in a few weeks if it's still like that . Finger crossed to us and everyone here !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kstew View Post
                  I unfortunately haven't received any mails or online updates , it's been 4 weeks since the interview date, knowing it might take long time to process and review, but it's still frustrated a little bit about the fact that my online case not even updated that interview was completed. We're in Houston field and I know it's kinda odd to get the interview only 6 months after PD (cuz the timeline expecting around 16 months), the only thing we can do right now is waiting and maybe calling soon in a few weeks if it's still like that . Finger crossed to us and everyone here !!!!!
                  After looking through your previous posts, it seems like maybe you did not send ALL your evidence of bona fide marriage with your initial AOS filing. Remember that evidence of bona fide marriage isn't just since the date of your marriage. USCIS wants to see that you did not meet on Monday, married on Tuesday and filed for AOS on Wednesday. It's possible that the lack of evidence might have prompted USCIS to schedule your interview so fast. Houston is one the slowest offices. This is speculation but they likely suspected fraud or NOT. Who knows?

I'd say, make an Infopass appointment and inquire. It could be that your background checks aren't finished yet. Or maybe the officer is still reviewieng the evidence that you submitted. Or maybe they have you in line for a second interview. Do bring additional evidence of bona fide marriage to the infopass appointment for them to see that you do have it.

You could also ask your Senator or congressperson to inquire, but I would do that after your Infopass appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                    After looking through your previous posts, it seems like maybe you did not send ALL your evidence of bona fide marriage with your initial AOS filing. Remember that evidence of bona fide marriage isn't just since the date of your marriage. USCIS wants to see that you did not meet on Monday, married on Tuesday and filed for AOS on Wednesday. It's possible that the lack of evidence might have prompted USCIS to schedule your interview so fast. Houston is one the slowest offices. This is speculation but they likely suspected fraud or NOT. Who knows?

I'd say, make an Infopass appointment and inquire. It could be that your background checks aren't finished yet. Or maybe the officer is still reviewieng the evidence that you submitted. Or maybe they have you in line for a second interview. Do bring additional evidence of bona fide marriage to the infopass appointment for them to see that you do have it.

You could also ask your Senator or congressperson to inquire, but I would do that after your Infopass appointment.
                    Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate your help. I will try to make an infopass appointment cuz currently there's no available days on the website . I'm very worry about this, kinda have a feeling that we're gonna have a second interview ><

Comment

• Finally EAD card is being produced

Hi all, I am so happy - tonight while eating out with my husband I received text message that EAD was updated and to check the update. My internet went out so my husband checked it on his cell phone and he started to smile. When he showed me "New card is being produced" I started to cry in the restaurant. So far it has been nearly 8 months (231 days) and after several issues - in my timeline - I am finally happy that probably at the start of December I would be able to finally work!

Fingers crossed that this envelope would be received without a hitch, my husband is signed up for informed delivery and I made friend with one of the delivery people

Right now I don't even care that my Montgomery interview will probably be next Christmas, that is how happy I am (they changed timeline from 8-16 months to 12-21 months and even guy at Infopass told us it's a loooong wait).
                      C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                      03/23 PD
                      04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                      04/26 Biometrics in NO
                      09/05 RFIE I-485
                      10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                      11/09 New Card produced
                      11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                      11/15 EAD mailed to me
                      11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                      11/19 Combo received
                      01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post
                        Hi all, I am so happy - tonight while eating out with my husband I received text message that EAD was updated and to check the update. My internet went out so my husband checked it on his cell phone and he started to smile. When he showed me "New card is being produced" I started to cry in the restaurant. So far it has been nearly 8 months (231 days) and after several issues - in my timeline - I am finally happy that probably at the start of December I would be able to finally work!

Fingers crossed that this envelope would be received without a hitch, my husband is signed up for informed delivery and I made friend with one of the delivery people

Right now I don't even care that my Montgomery interview will probably be next Christmas, that is how happy I am (they changed timeline from 8-16 months to 12-21 months and even guy at Infopass told us it's a loooong wait).
                        Please don?t choke on the food ! Hahahhaha so glad for this news !!
                        C9 Spouse of USC
                        NYC Filer
                        04/13/18 - PD
                        05/04/18 - Bio notice
                        05/23/18 - Bio completed
                        09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                        09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                        10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
                        10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
                        10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
                        10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
                        10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                        11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
                        11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                        11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                        12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
                          Please don?t choke on the food ! Hahahhaha so glad for this news !!
                          I dropped the spoon and started crying, people next table must have been confused as after few seconds I was smiling like stupid

Fingers crossed that you will get to AP as soon as possible - I know how hard it is to try to get the Infopass, and also that you get your EAD and GC interview soon!
                          C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                          03/23 PD
                          04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                          04/26 Biometrics in NO
                          09/05 RFIE I-485
                          10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                          11/09 New Card produced
                          11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                          11/15 EAD mailed to me
                          11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                          11/19 Combo received
                          01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

I dropped the spoon and started crying, people next table must have been confused as after few seconds I was smiling like stupid

Fingers crossed that you will get to AP as soon as possible - I know how hard it is to try to get the Infopass, and also that you get your EAD and GC interview soon!
                            Lots positive vibe on that GC interview.... whew ! I haven?t seen my dad in 10 years and getting so close makes me very excited. I can?t believe the immi officer was so nice today
                            C9 Spouse of USC
                            NYC Filer
                            04/13/18 - PD
                            05/04/18 - Bio notice
                            05/23/18 - Bio completed
                            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                            10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
                            10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
                            10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
                            10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
                            10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                            11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
                            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
                              Lots positive vibe on that GC interview.... whew ! I haven?t seen my dad in 10 years and getting so close makes me very excited. I can?t believe the immi officer was so nice today
                              10 years, omg :-o Now I wish even more that your AP/GC will be soon approved.

I too had a nice immigration officer I spoke to at Infopass, most of the employees we saw there while waiting were really sympathetic.
                              C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                              03/23 PD
                              04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                              04/26 Biometrics in NO
                              09/05 RFIE I-485
                              10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                              11/09 New Card produced
                              11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                              11/15 EAD mailed to me
                              11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                              11/19 Combo received
                              01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

• Hi guys, I just came back from my trip to Costa Rica, 17 days. I didn't have any problem at CR airport as they scan the card as it was a green card. On the fortlauderdale airport I couldn't use the machines so the lady told me to go straight forwards with the officer. He just asked me if i haven't received the GC yet and then walked with me thru the secondary inspection room where I just spent 3 minutes till they stamp my passport with a Parole! Everybody were really friendly and respectful! Very nice experience using my Advance Parole
                                Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
                                3/26/18 From Miami
                                4/1/18 Received
                                4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
                                4/10/18 NoAs text & email
                                4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
                                4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
                                4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
                                5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
                                9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
                                9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
                                9/22/18 SSN in hand
                                1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X