Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
    I am not that positive though - In March 2019 there were so many Dec 2017 filers getting interviews. Per the information in this forum it seems the stopped working on family based petitions for a while.... At this point I would prefer to wait for my 2 year anniversary ...removing conditions is taking up to 2 years...

Really? my lawyer said his clients who applied on April 2018 are currently going to interviews, I don't how much difference there is between offices (I applied in Utah) . I just hope we get interview notifications soon!

Comment

I am not that positive though - In March 2019 there were so many Dec 2017 filers getting interviews. Per the information in this forum it seems the stopped working on family based petitions for a while.... At this point I would prefer to wait for my 2 year anniversary ...removing conditions is taking up to 2 years...

Hey B_Andie,
      Have you read about the news of USCIS farming out cases to other field offices around those that have large backlogs?
      I wonder if Seattle would qualify as backlogged as you have said in the past they've stopped processing family-based AOS, presumbaly to prioritize employment based AOS.
      But if Seattle is indeed backlogged, then we may see our family-based AOS farmed out somewhere like Spokane or Yakima and may even Portland.

Cheers,
      Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
      PD: March 22, 2018
      RD: April 6, 2018
      Biometrics: April 27, 2018
      RFE: June 11, 2018
      RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
      Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
      July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
      August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
      August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
      August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
      September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
      September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
      October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
      November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
      February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
      March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
      March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

Comment

I just checked myself, Yakima and Spokane have about the same processing times as Seattle, but Portland! oh boy they're processing March 2018 family-based AOS.
        Hope we get lucky and get transferred to Portland if Seattle is overwhelmed with family-based AOS. Wouldn't mind the 3 hour drive each way.

July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
        November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
        March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
        March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

Comment

• yes - I read it but I also found other news stating why it would not work. Other thing is when will it be implemented? what would be the criteria? Cali is pretty backlogged too. I kind of have the thought that it will not as any available capacity will be allocated to employment Gcs
          s I stated before at this point I would prefer to wait for my 2 year anniversary; removing conditions is taking up to 2 years :-)

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

I just checked myself, Yakima and Spokane have about the same processing times as Seattle, but Portland! oh boy they're processing March 2018 family-based AOS.
          Hope we get lucky and get transferred to Portland if Seattle is overwhelmed with family-based AOS. Wouldn't mind the 3 hour drive each way.

Comment

• Hey guys, just want to give you a little sunshine. So SF takes about 18-20 something months for interview, but my attorney told me she’s been getting appointment dates for the March 2018 filers. I wonder if they’re just slightly overestimating the processing time. I’m kind of hopeful I get mine in a month.
            B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
            FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
            4/20/18 Received 4 letters
            5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
            5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
            9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
            9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
            9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
            9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
            9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
            2/17/19 Traveled abroad
            3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
            3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Timeline for I-130 filing with I-485
              03/12/2018 Sent documents to USCIS via USPS
              03/14/2018 Package received
              03/14/2018 Priority date
              03/26/2018 Received NoA via text/email
              03/27/2018 Checks cashed
              03/30/2018 Received official NoA via mail
              04/06/2018 Received biometrics letter for 04/18/2018
              04/13/2018 Received RFE regarding spouse’s I-864
              04/17/2018 Sent needed documents as per RFE
              04/18/2018 Biometrics appt done
              04/19/2018 RFE documents were received as per USPS
              04/23/2018 Case status changed received RFE documents
              08/16/2018 EAD in hand
              08/18/2019 SS Card in hand
              05/31/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
              05/25/2019 Received notice for Interview date 06/25/2019

06/25/2019 Interview 8:05am

Went there 30mins early and was asked to sit down in waiting room. We brought our 11month old son with us. We were called by the IO at around 8:30am.

Entered the IO’s room and wife(USC) was asked to sit in the corner, and I sat directly in front of the IO.

IO: Ok, can you take out your passport, EAD, Driver License, and SS Card. And for your wife I need her Driver License and if you have her passport that would be of great help.

(Took them out)

IO: Also, is there any more documents that you would like to give me regarding shared financial responsibilities? And I can see that your child is new, I would like to see his birth certificate.

I gave him this list:
              • Copy of my son’s birth certificate
              • Copy of car insurance with both our name
              • Copy of wife’s Life insurance with my name as beneficiary
              • Copy of our health insurance cards
              • Copy of rental lease agreement
              • Copy of target credit cards
              • Copy of 2018 joint tax return
              • Copy of joint bank statements

IO took photo to confirm I was there. Then after that the fingerprints.

He then proceeded to ask me the question “Are you a communist terrorist” and so on..

Said no.

Then he proceeded to ask me if I was arrested before and I told him the truth. Told him I was arrested for Underage Smoking by my high school Police. I was 17y6m at the time I was smoking cigarettes off campus.

He asked if I went to court, I said “yes, but the Judge dismissed the case because I was 18years of age on the said court date”(smoking was allowed for 18 year olds at that time in CA)

Then he just confirmed that I was arrested due to underage smoking then I said yes.

After that he told me that the decision for my case will be mailed within a week or two. He then proceeded to tell me about the filing of the Removal of the Conditional status and that it can be filed after 1year 9months after I get the Green Card in the mail. He kept on repeating to not forget to file because some people forget to file it.

After that we went outside his office to the copier and he took some photocopies our identification(ID, passport, SS, EAD)

Then he said we are good to go and he said it was nice to meet us.

Personally for me, I think it went well and smooth. IO was really nice. I was really shocked that there was no question regarding our relationship and all those other stuff.

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY FIELD OFFICE

Last edited by sweezy; 06-25-2019, 05:03 PM.
              Concurrent I-130 and I-485 with I-765
              03/12/18 - Documents sent to CHI Lockbox
              03/14/18 - Documents received; PD
              03/26/18 - Received NoA email/text
              03/27/18 - Checks cashed
              03/30/18 - Received NoA mail
              04/06/18 - Received Biometrics letter
              04/18/18 - Biometrics appt done
              04/23/18 - USCIS received RFE
              05/31/18 - Case ready to schedule an interview
              08/09/18 - EAD being produced
              08/16/18 - EAD in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by sweezy View Post
                Timeline for I-130 filing with I-485
                03/12/2018 Sent documents to USCIS via USPS
                03/14/2018 Package received
                03/14/2018 Priority date
                03/26/2018 Received NoA via text/email
                03/27/2018 Checks cashed
                03/30/2018 Received official NoA via mail
                04/06/2018 Received biometrics letter for 04/18/2018
                04/13/2018 Received RFE regarding spouse’s I-864
                04/17/2018 Sent needed documents as per RFE
                04/18/2018 Biometrics appt done
                04/19/2018 RFE documents were received as per USPS
                04/23/2018 Case status changed received RFE documents
                08/16/2018 EAD in hand
                08/18/2019 SS Card in hand
                05/31/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                05/25/2019 Received notice for Interview date 06/25/2019

06/25/2019 Interview 8:05am

Went there 30mins early and was asked to sit down in waiting room. We brought our 11month old son with us. We were called by the IO at around 8:30am.

Entered the IO’s room and wife(USC) was asked to sit in the corner, and I sat directly in front of the IO.

IO: Ok, can you take out your passport, EAD, Driver License, and SS Card. And for your wife I need her Driver License and if you have her passport that would be of great help.

(Took them out)

IO: Also, is there any more documents that you would like to give me regarding shared financial responsibilities? And I can see that your child is new, I would like to see his birth certificate.

I gave him this list:
                • Copy of my son’s birth certificate
                • Copy of car insurance with both our name
                • Copy of wife’s Life insurance with my name as beneficiary
                • Copy of our health insurance cards
                • Copy of rental lease agreement
                • Copy of target credit cards
                • Copy of 2018 joint tax return
                • Copy of joint bank statements

IO took photo to confirm I was there. Then after that the fingerprints.

He then proceeded to ask me the question “Are you a communist terrorist” and so on..

Said no.

Then he proceeded to ask me if I was arrested before and I told him the truth. Told him I was arrested for Underage Smoking by my high school Police. I was 17y6m at the time I was smoking cigarettes off campus.

He asked if I went to court, I said “yes, but the Judge dismissed the case because I was 18years of age on the said court date”(smoking was allowed for 18 year olds at that time in CA)

Then he just confirmed that I was arrested due to underage smoking then I said yes.

After that he told me that the decision for my case will be mailed within a week or two. He then proceeded to tell me about the filing of the Removal of the Conditional status and that it can be filed after 1year 9months after I get the Green Card in the mail. He kept on repeating to not forget to file because some people forget to file it.

After that we went outside his office to the copier and he took some photocopies our identification(ID, passport, SS, EAD)

Then he said we are good to go and he said it was nice to meet us.

Personally for me, I think it went well and smooth. IO was really nice. I was really shocked that there was no question regarding our relationship and all those other stuff.

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY FIELD OFFICE

BIG CONGRATULATIONS! San Fernando Valley's published processing times for family-based I-485s seems longer than its taken for you to get that interview
                BIG THANK YOU also for coming back to the forum to post an update on your case.
                Godspeed and wishing you all the best on the GC.

Cheers,

Comment

• Update. New card being produced as of 6pm pst

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

BIG CONGRATULATIONS! San Fernando Valley's published processing times for family-based I-485s seems longer than its taken for you to get that interview
                  BIG THANK YOU also for coming back to the forum to post an update on your case.
                  Godspeed and wishing you all the best on the GC.

Cheers,

03/27/18 - Checks cashed
                  08/16/18 - EAD in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by sweezy View Post
                    Update. New card being produced as of 6pm pst

Again Congratulations!
                    Please write back in the thread we're curious about the GC type they'll issue for you.
                    Cheers!

Comment

• To my fellow SF filers out there, we should be getting our interview notice soon. Goodluck to us!
                      B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                      FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                      4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                      5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                      5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                      9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                      9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                      9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                      9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                      9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                      2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                      3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                      3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Again Congratulations!
                        Please write back in the thread we're curious about the GC type they'll issue for you.
                        Cheers!

The IO already mentioned that “if ever” I get approved I would get the Conditional GC
                        03/27/18 - Checks cashed
                        08/16/18 - EAD in hand

Comment

• Can we get a heads-up from MARCH 2018 filers who has gotten their interview schedule notice or are done with the interview and still waiting for a GC?
                          Please reply with your Field Office location and your PD.
                          Thank you.

Comment

• Atlanta field office here, Got 2 RFEs throughout the process. Finally card is being produced today!

Timeline Below:

3/2/2018 - Sent out everything
                            3/12/2018 - Got receipts for everything
                            April 2018 - Fingerprint appointment
                            July 2018 - RFE from Chicago for i-864
                            July 2018 - RFE response sent to Chicago
                            August 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                            9/11/2018 - EAD combo card received
                            1/18/2019 - Interview was scheduled
                            2/26/2019 - Interview
                            2/26/2019 - Got RFE for Birth certificate notarial at Interview
                            2/26/2019 - i-130 approved
                            3/21/2019 - RFE response sent to field office
                            7/3/2019 - Card is being produced
                            7/11/2019 - Card Received!!!
                            Last edited by AngelaPhelan; 07-12-2019, 09:47 AM.
                            PD - 3/2/2018
                            Biometrics - sometime in April
                            RFIE - 7/3
                            Response to RFE received - 7/16
                            Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                            EAD is being produced - 9/4
                            Combo card in hand - 9/11
                            Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                            Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post
                              Atlanta field office here, Got 2 RFEs throughout the process. Finally card is being produced today!

Timeline Below:

3/2/2018 - Sent out everything
                              3/12/2018 - Got receipts for everything
                              April 2018 - Fingerprint appointment
                              July 2018 - RFE from Chicago for i-864
                              July 2018 - RFE response sent to Chicago
                              August 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                              9/11/2018 - EAD combo card received
                              1/18/2019 - Interview was scheduled
                              2/26/2019 - Interview
                              2/26/2019 - Got RFE for Birth certificate notarial at Interview
                              2/26/2019 - i-130 approved
                              3/21/2019 - RFE response sent to field office
                              7/3/2019 - Card is being produced
                              Thank you.
                              Were you on AOS c9 (family based adjustment)?
                              Keep us updated on your GC when you get it.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Thank you.
                                Were you on AOS c9 (family based adjustment)?
                                Keep us updated on your GC when you get it.

Cheers
                                Yes, married to US citizen. Thank you! Hope everybody here will get their interview and GC soon! We've been waiting long enough!
                                PD - 3/2/2018
                                Biometrics - sometime in April
                                RFIE - 7/3
                                Response to RFE received - 7/16
                                Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                                EAD is being produced - 9/4
                                Combo card in hand - 9/11
                                Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                                Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X