X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 pending ; EAD and Summer 2018

Hi everyone!
    I got few queries:

1. My current status is F1. My I485 based on DV is pending (waiting for interview date). I am planning to go to California during summer for work for 3 months. USCIS wants us to update the address with in the 10 days of address change but my stay in California will only be for 3 months. Moreover, I won't be having same address as I will be leaving my apartment during summer. Can I update my mailing address to any of my friends apartment for summer time? Since I won't be there physically for 3 months and as I will be working in California, my activity (salary, tax,etc) will be from California, will there be any complication in future?

2. When I will be back from California, I am planning to change my college but it will be with in the same state. I came as student. My i485 is pending and I will have approved EAD card. In that case, can I change my college? What do you suggest?

Originally posted by zzrg View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I got few queries:

1. My current status is F1. My I485 based on DV is pending (waiting for interview date). I am planning to go to California during summer for work for 3 months. USCIS wants us to update the address with in the 10 days of address change but my stay in California will only be for 3 months. Moreover, I won't be having same address as I will be leaving my apartment during summer. Can I update my mailing address to any of my friends apartment for summer time? Since I won't be there physically for 3 months and as I will be working in California, my activity (salary, tax,etc) will be from California, will there be any complication in future?

2. When I will be back from California, I am planning to change my college but it will be with in the same state. I came as student. My i485 is pending and I will have approved EAD card. In that case, can I change my college? What do you suggest?
    well congratulations on winning DV.
    1.Yes You can use your friends mailing address. Make sure he adds you to mail box or your mail maybe returned.
    2. I would not advice you to change schools unless you are getting an i-20 from the new school. If for some reason your AOS falls through you would still be in status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X