Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i-601 still pending after 33 months - is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-601 still pending after 33 months - is this normal?

Hi,

I am trying to get adjustment of status and my lawyer filed the i-601 about 33 months ago in New York City.

Is 33 months normal for i-601?

My lawyer has made about 10 inquries over the years(more recently) and even gone down to Federal Plaza for an
    appointment but USCIS just keep stating it is pending.

I don't know if it is just slow processing but my lawyer doesn't seem to have any better suggestions than to wait.
    Unfortunately I have a parent who is on their deathbed and I have been advised not to leave the country on advanced parole.

Has anyone had similar experiences? I was told it would take 6-12 months for the i-601.

Originally posted by Toby Sargon View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to get adjustment of status and my lawyer filed the i-601 about 33 months ago in New York City.

My lawyer has made about 10 inquries over the years(more recently) and even gone down to Federal Plaza for an

I don't know if it is just slow processing but my lawyer doesn't seem to have any better suggestions than to wait.
    Unfortunately I have a parent who is on their deathbed and I have been advised not to leave the country on advanced parole.

Has anyone had similar experiences? I was told it would take 6-12 months for the i-601.
    No experience but i-601 is known to take forever. Yes if you leave before getting your green card or waiver. It will take an act of GOD or congress for them to let you back in.

Comment

Most I-601's sent to Nebraska are being adjudicated in 16 months, give or take

33 months is too long - contact a Congressperson to intervene on your behalf if you feel that your case has fallen through the cracks

That said, you may not have a great incentive to "poke the sleeping bear": as an adjustment of status applicant, you get to live in the United States with your spouse, with full work and travel privileges while your waiver application is pending

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Sargon View Post
        Hi,

How's your I-601 application?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X