Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any January Filers receive EAD card or interview notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not received Biometrics Appointment notice

Hi,

My PD is 10-Jan-2018 and till date i have not received the biometrics appointment notice.
    I have called up National customer service contact number on 21-Mar-2018 and they created a Service case asking me to wait for 15 days.
    Since there is no update after this Service case, is it advisable to call Customer service again or i just need to wait for further update.

There is no update in the USCIS website for my case, it just says Finger Print fee received.

Please suggest.
    Last edited by gopimididoddi; 04-02-2018, 05:05 PM. Reason: PD correction

Comment

Originally posted by gopimididoddi View Post
      Hi,

My PD is 10-Jan-2018 and till date i have not received the biometrics appointment notice.
      I have called up National customer service contact number on 21-Mar-2018 and they created a Service case asking me to wait for 15 days.
      Since there is no update after this Service case, is it advisable to call Customer service again or i just need to wait for further update.

There is no update in the USCIS website for my case, it just says Finger Print fee received.

Please suggest.
      Where are u filing from?
      Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
      Priority Date: 01/22/2018
      Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
      Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
      Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
      Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
      EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
      EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
      SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
      GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
      Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
      I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
      GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
        Where are u filing from?
        I am filing from NJ and my service center location is Texas.

Comment

I am filing from NJ and my service center location is Texas.
          Which part of Texas?

Comment

Which part of Texas?
            Mesquite, TX

Comment

Mesquite, TX
              Well I'm not sure of your service center but you can check on the processing times website to see how long kisses in your area would take. Here's the link https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Comment

Interview May 7th at 1:45

Hello you guys I just received my interview notice schedule for May 7th at 1:45pm. I am super excited!!! My PD is January 4th and I did my Biometrics on January 31st. I have not received my EAD yet. If I get approved before October I might not get one because I currently have one under DACA which expires in October. Super excited 😆

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Diaz View Post
                  Hello you guys I just received my interview notice schedule for May 7th at 1:45pm. I am super excited!!! My PD is January 4th and I did my Biometrics on January 31st. I have not received my EAD yet. If I get approved before October I might not get one because I currently have one under DACA which expires in October. Super excited 😆
                  Congrats! I'm sure you'll do great at the interview. You were always positive & excited ever since u mailed your documents!😇 Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Diaz View Post
                    Mr.Diaz! Congratulations! I am glad you got the speedy process you wished for. 01/04/2018 - 05/07/2018 = 4 months 4 days. That is FAST! All the best to you!

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                      Mr.Diaz! Congratulations! I am glad you got the speedy process you wished for. 01/04/2018 - 05/07/2018 = 4 months 4 days. That is FAST! All the best to you!
                      Thank you UscitizenFilingforspouse!!! I wish you a speedy case too my friend. You will hear something soon too! Keep me updated!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! I'm sure you'll do great at the interview. You were always positive & excited ever since u mailed your documents!😇 Good luck!
                      Yes. I wish you the best too and speedy case as well. My biggest dream is to get my GC. I prayed before I applied for AOS and I am still praying everyday. God answer prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
                        Did you receive automatically the emails or you made a request of any kind? Just curious because I've never heard about people receiving emails for an update with no actual updates though.
                        I read on another site that happens every time an adjudicator "touches" your case. So they log on in the morning "touch". then log off mid morning for a break -"touch", then off to lunch and upon return "touch". It happens when someone accesses it to work on it but does not finish adjudicating the whole thing. They might be resolving a background check or something that takes time. The source is a former adjudicator at the National benefits center. The post is old but clearly, that has not changed because he described that.

here's the link. http://www. ******** ***.com/content...icator-q-and-a Got blocked, of course. insert **** **** *** where you see the **** **** **

It's a good read because you finally get to hear what happens behind the scenes. He mostly worked fiance visas. However, the workflow is the same.
                        Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 04-06-2018, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I have received notices for adjustment of status with the received date of 18th Jan 2018, but till now i have not received the bio-metrics appointment. I have called customer service and they raised a service case and asked me to wait for 15-30 days.
                          Please let me know if this is normal scenario.
                          I am not trying to add to your worry but something is up and sitting in penumbra is not going to help. Dig and find out what's up? My spouse's file date is 03/16/18 and got biometrics notice yesterday 04/06/18 for 04/18/18 and our field office is the second slowest in the country. Others might disagree and you may choose to do otherwise, but I personally would look up my Congressperson and have them inquire. Congressional inquiries have to be addressed within 48 hours. That is USCIS liaison has to respond to the congressperson within 48 hours. So that file gets pulled, whoever forgot about gets a wrist smack and it gets prioritized. The worst they can say is NO.
                          What I can tell you is that the system is about to hit a tight bottleneck now that interviews for all employment based petitions are required. Pull the congress card. Use it before the system gets really congested.

Alternatively, as I have suggested to others, you can just apply for jobs and get hired. Before hiring you, It is illegal to ask you anything other than "will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment authorization?". That's it. And your answer to that is "no". You do not have to say why and they can't ask you why either. It's illegal. That's discrimination per Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. So get offered a job. Make sure you get a letter in writing. An email will do. And you tell them you need a week to think about it. You then call the national customer service line and request for your EAD to be expedited because you have a job offer. They'll likely ask you to bring the letter to the field office or fax it to them. Either way, you get that in. Any job - they will expedite it. The whole financial hardship does not work out ever. If you think about it, you had to provide an Affidavit of financial support. But requesting expedited processing because you already have a job offer really shows you have no intentions of becoming a public charge.

Definitely exhaust the congressperson option first. There are examples online of what to state on the letter. I have never done it. Some people call the office and then get instructions on what to do.

Best of luck!
                          Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 04-07-2018, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Update>>>>> Interview Schedule

Originally posted by Herewecome View Post
                            Filed 130,131,765, 485 on jan 28th
                            Pd jan 29th
                            Receipts on feb 6th
                            Biometrics letter 16th
                            Biometric schedule 28th

So far, same status BUT as of 28th March my i485 is now ?user defined error?. Cant pull up my case... some threads says, that with this error and as per thr call with uscis, L2 officer said that we should be expecting a mail or progress in the next coming days - maybe in 2 weeks time.
                            January 2018 filer and got a letter of interview already

My Timeline (married to USC)
                            January 28th, sent packet to USCIS
                            January 29th, USCIS received the documents / PD
                            February 6th, NOAs on the receipt
                            February 16th, Biometric schedule received
                            February 28th, Biometrics done
                            March 26th, i485 not accessible already. Never raised an SR as I read on this forum that some glitch OR after they talked to an L2 officer, they are advised that its already in line for interview. Other cases can still be accessed with the same status - ?case received?
                            April 7th, Letter received for initial interview for May 7th. Notice date is April 2nd.

Total of 2 months and 9 days or 67 days. To God be the Glory! FO is Chicago.

Comment

Still waiting for GC

Marriage based interview for GC approved on 01/04/2018
                              But still haven't received any notification or my GC.
                              How much time it take to receive GC after approval any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Herewecome View Post
                                January 2018 filer and got a letter of interview already

My Timeline (married to USC)
                                January 28th, sent packet to USCIS
                                January 29th, USCIS received the documents / PD
                                February 6th, NOAs on the receipt
                                February 16th, Biometric schedule received
                                February 28th, Biometrics done
                                March 26th, i485 not accessible already. Never raised an SR as I read on this forum that some glitch OR after they talked to an L2 officer, they are advised that its already in line for interview. Other cases can still be accessed with the same status - ?case received?
                                April 7th, Letter received for initial interview for May 7th. Notice date is April 2nd.

Total of 2 months and 9 days or 67 days. To God be the Glory! FO is Chicago.
                                Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the news. This also confirms our (conspiracy) theory about the glitch. It's good to know!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X