No announcement yet.

Dates Retrogression in Mar 2018 for Green Card While Visa Bulletin Says Current

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dates Retrogression in Mar 2018 for Green Card While Visa Bulletin Says Current

Hi,

My I 140 was approved and I fall in EB1 A category with a priority date of May 2015. Due to various reasons, I did not file for I 485 until October 2017. After filling last October I got a interview call in March. However, officer said that dates for EB1 A have retrograded to Jan 2012. When I look at visa bulletin for March 2018 dates for India and EB1 A says Current (April does say Jan 2012). However the officer said, that website is not updated

1. Is there anyone in a similar situation, where they had interview in March but officer said that dates are not available (even though Visa bulletin says current)

2. And any pointers on whats next?

Your help would be truly appreciated

Originally posted by gs2440 View Post
    Hi,

My I 140 was approved and I fall in EB1 A category with a priority date of May 2015. Due to various reasons, I did not file for I 485 until October 2017. After filling last October I got a interview call in March. However, officer said that dates for EB1 A have retrograded to Jan 2012. When I look at visa bulletin for March 2018 dates for India and EB1 A says Current (April does say Jan 2012). However the officer said, that website is not updated

1. Is there anyone in a similar situation, where they had interview in March but officer said that dates are not available (even though Visa bulletin says current)

The chart just means which priority dates can file that month. It doesn't guarantee they still have visa numbers through that entire month (the chart is published the previous month, so they may not have predicted how fast the visa numbers would be used). I have heard that visa numbers have been used up for EB1 for China and India already. That's why next month (April) shows it retrogressed to 2012. People born in China and India can still file I-485 at the end of this month even though there are no visa numbers, because the chart already says they can file this month, but those that file now will be pending until at least next fiscal year in October when more visa numbers are available. In your case, if you weren't able to get a visa number before they ran out, your application would also remain pending until at least next fiscal year.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by gs2440 View Post
      Hi,

Hi,

Did you get your EAD and AP though? I am in a similar situation with an approved EB1 I-140. I filed for the AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131) end of March. My application was accepted and my biometric was done on 04/27/18. Now I am just waiting for the next step.
      Last edited by dg88; 05-06-2018, 03:04 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X