Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANY DACA recipients applying/who applied for AOS through marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANY DACA recipients applying/who applied for AOS through marriage?

Hello,

As the title states, any DACA recipients who are currently applying for AOS through marriage?

Also, any DACA recipients who applied and were granted AOS? Could you tell us about your process? Timing etc. whether it sped up the process or not etc etc

MANY THANKS!!!

if you were legally admitted/paroled into the US then your process is the same as everyone-else. If you EWI then you need i-601 waiver or you could apply for advance parole with DACA and leave and reenter with the AP then apply. The problem is I think USCIS is no longer approving AP for DACA recipients and i-601 is incredibly hard to get.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
      if you were legally admitted/paroled into the US then your process is the same as everyone-else. If you EWI then you need i-601 waiver or you could apply for advance parole with DACA and leave and reenter with the AP then apply. The problem is I think USCIS is no longer approving AP for DACA recipients and i-601 is incredibly hard to get.
      Thanks, I understand all that. I just meant since DACA recipients have to go through the same background checks etc. to get DACA, is the AOS processed any quicker, based on people's experiences?

Comment

I have DACA now and I applied for AOS

I am currently a DACA recipient my DACA expires on October 17 this year. I applied for AOS and my priority date is January 4th I did my Biometrics on January 31st. Waiting now for my EAD and interview.

Comment

DACA process time

DACA does not speed the process up at all

My AOS was long and done cautiously via an immigration lawyer. I got married in 2015, instead of adjusting right away my lawyer did a FOIA request to obtain my entire history in America, it focused on anything to do with immigration and any criminal past i might have had (process took around 6-7 months). He wanted all the information that USCIS would obtain with their investigation. The only thing that came up was my DACA record and no criminal past. I was refunded the the fee as his organization was the one that submitted my DACA application. I travelled on AP to my home country but due to the fact that I was paroled back in the US under the wrong status (TPS), we did a PIP (parole in place) as my husband is a citizen that served in the army and was honorably discharged. (process took 3-4 months to be approved). Right after we submitted I485 and I30 (AOS) in October 2015; process took approximately 9 months. I did the normal biometrics, received another work permit which was good for 1 year then I did the interview (my experience and the questions we were asked are posted on this site). After the interview, IO took almost 1 month to make a decision on my case. I received my 10 year green card as my hubby and I were married for over 2 years when the decision was made. I am happy and relieved that I followed all the necessary steps my lawyer suggested in order to avoid any and all complications. This process was very stressful mentally and emotionally. I was blessed to have a supportive spouse, while he didn't understand much of the process and we use to get into little arguments, he was ALWAYS there throughout it all. I hope this was helpful. This forum was a blessing to me while I was going through my process and I hope I am able to help at least one individual in their time of need.
          If you have any other questions or concerns you can reach out to me. GOOD LUCK!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Diaz View Post
            I am currently a DACA recipient my DACA expires on October 17 this year. I applied for AOS and my priority date is January 4th I did my Biometrics on January 31st. Waiting now for my EAD and interview.
            Did you apply for AP as well and when you filled out your EAD application did you select initial or something else? I have Daca and it?s still current.

Comment

Currently awaiting EAD/AP and interview date.

Hi! I?m a DACA recipient and currently am awaiting my EAD/AP approval and interview date. At first I thought my paperwork to USCIS was moving rather quickly but here I am now waiting what seems like an eternity for a current update. My most current status is all in my signature... feel free to ask me any questions! Would love to hear other DACA applicants? experiences here.. it?s hard to gauge a timeline for us DACA folks since it seems like the majority of the applicants on here are every other status but DACA adjusting status.
              DACA approved: 12/2014
              I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 apps. sent: 6/28/2018
              NOA receipt notices received: 7/13/2018
              I-485- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview.: 8/1/2018
              I-765/I-131- Card received.: 10/26/2018
              11/5/19- INTERVIEW SCHEDULED/NOTICE LETTER RECEIVED!
              12/9/19- Interview/approval on same day/card being produced.
              12/12/19- (email) GC being mailed to me notice received.
              12/13/19- (email) USPS picked up card in mail.
              12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X