Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas area 485/ 130 JANUARY 2017 still waiting for interview??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas area 485/ 130 JANUARY 2017 still waiting for interview??

I've been reading a lot of threads and I've even contacted lawyers but I'm just not getting a clear answer. Dallas said it was working on cases from January 5, 2017, then suddenly it's at September 2015. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm reading about people submitting their documents this year and already getting interview dates!
    I've submitted a notice I think my case is working outside of the normal timeline but I haven't gotten a reply back yet. My husband's mom has been sick in the hospital in her home country and his grandmother has gone through surgery for cancer. I would love to be able to visit them with him but we can't leave until we get this green card thing on the move!
    I just want to cry and help him and not feel trapped in the US together, but it's so frustrating. Anyone else filed in January 2017 and STILL WAITING for the interview?

Originally posted by juliakingsley View Post
    I've been reading a lot of threads and I've even contacted lawyers but I'm just not getting a clear answer. Dallas said it was working on cases from January 5, 2017, then suddenly it's at September 2015. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm reading about people submitting their documents this year and already getting interview dates!
    I've submitted a notice I think my case is working outside of the normal timeline but I haven't gotten a reply back yet. My husband's mom has been sick in the hospital in her home country and his grandmother has gone through surgery for cancer. I would love to be able to visit them with him but we can't leave until we get this green card thing on the move!
    I just want to cry and help him and not feel trapped in the US together, but it's so frustrating. Anyone else filed in January 2017 and STILL WAITING for the interview?
    you might try and apply for emergency related expedition of your Advance parole application portion due to the family situation. I wish you the best and hope everything works out.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Yeah, it can be weird sometimes.

We were December 2016 Filers (before the fees went up)
      And we had our interview December 2017, approved on the spot.
      Got green card in mail after 10days.

Just try contacting them or a congressman.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Working on a letter to my congressman this weekend. It is so weird. One year would be nice! I?m at 15 months now

Comment

Hi there,

I just wanted to take moment to clarify what USCIS says the new processing times mean. For your field office, the time range is 11 to 28.5 months. That is for employment based applications + family based applications. If you scroll down (and I think you did), you will a separate time range for each type listed.
          Your field office takes 14.5 Months to 31.5 Month to process Family-based adjustment applications. Case inquiry date is September 12, 2015.
          Two things to clarify here. The first number "11 months"; that's how long it takes your field office to process 50% of the cases. The second number, 31.5; that's how long it takes to process 93% of the cases.
          The case inquiry date is not to be confused with the former concept of priority date. That becomes irrelevant now because all cases are different. It's like wondering why on a busy night at your favorite restaurant the table behind you got their food right away, even though they got there a half hour after you did. But, maybe they all ordered chicken caesar salads and you ordered a 3 course fancy dinner. It's the same thing.
          These new processing times actually provide you with more information. The number is based on historical data. The processing rate is affected by USCIS staffing levels, staff quality/training and also by the quality of the cases we send. Every time the adjudicator issues a RFE, they have to review the whole packet but can't adjudicate because items are missing. So when you answer 3 weeks have gone by and of course, they have to re-review everything again as they re-introduce the RFE answer.
          Now that case inquiry date, I would ignore it. That's nonsense. Here's why. Field offices are about to hit a tight bottleneck with the new blanket interview requirement for all employment based AOS petitions and for Refugee/asylee relative petitions (Form I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition) for beneficiaries who are in the United States and are petitioning to join a principal asylee/refugee applicant.
          So you should act now and contact your Congressperson. Your case is way out of range. My field office is the second slowest in the country and our PD is 3/16/18 and we got the biometrics notice yesterday and the appointment is on 04/18/18.
          The worst they will say is no, but they won't. Inquiries from a Congressperson have to be answered within 48 hours and USCIS takes them seriously. That file gets pulled, and prioritized.

All the best.

Comment

And we were Dallas Filers too, forgot to mention.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Working on a letter to my congressman this weekend. It is so weird. One year would be nice! I?m at 15 months now
              Juliakingsley,

you should also know that you should be able to expedite the AP based on humanitarian reasons. His mother's and grandmother's condition fall under that criteria. Here is the link to the USCIS page on Emergency Travel and the expedite criteria and process. https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...ergency-travel
              You just call the National customer service number and get transferred to a level 2 officer. They take care of the expedite request. You will be asked for evidence to support the emergency request; e.g. medical documentation. Then, from that point, you either fax it to them or make an infopass appointment and bring it to the field office. They will tell you exactly what the fastest. This will take care of the AP.
              It is worth contacting your congressperson anyhow because your case is way out of range. Though USCIS may disagree. They will not disagree with your congressperson. They have to look at it and process it. That will ensure your case gets back on track.

Best of luck!

Comment

I think dallas is taking an extremely looong time. I filed in October of 2017. Also from Dallas and not heard anything. Got my EAD in January though and that all. Let?s all hope for the best.

Comment

Keep me in the know!

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                  Juliakingsley,

you should also know that you should be able to expedite the AP based on humanitarian reasons. His mother's and grandmother's condition fall under that criteria. Here is the link to the USCIS page on Emergency Travel and the expedite criteria and process. https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...ergency-travel
                  You just call the National customer service number and get transferred to a level 2 officer. They take care of the expedite request. You will be asked for evidence to support the emergency request; e.g. medical documentation. Then, from that point, you either fax it to them or make an infopass appointment and bring it to the field office. They will tell you exactly what the fastest. This will take care of the AP.
                  It is worth contacting your congressperson anyhow because your case is way out of range. Though USCIS may disagree. They will not disagree with your congressperson. They have to look at it and process it. That will ensure your case gets back on track.

Best of luck!
                  Thank you so much for your advice. I will be finishing a letter to my congressperson tonight and mailing it off tomorrow morning. If I don't hear something soon, I will contact them about his mother and grandmother. It's a hard situation but I know others are going through the same, or worse. So it does feel better to know that ya'll are going through this with me (kind of ) I'll keep everyone updated! PLEASE-- everyone in Dallas, answer this thread with your story/ timeline as well!

Comment

Just so you know I got my interview notice! I just posted a new thread about it. I don't know how to link threads but let me know if you see it!

Comment

Just so you know I got my interview notice! I just posted a new thread about it. I don't know how to link threads but let me know if you see it!
                      Got my interview date too at Dallas scheduled on May 24! My PD is from back to January 2017. Keeping fingers crossed, and will update here after I am done. Let's keep each other posted whoever is following this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by tiny_raven View Post
                        Got my interview date too at Dallas scheduled on May 24! My PD is from back to January 2017. Keeping fingers crossed, and will update here after I am done. Let's keep each other posted whoever is following this thread...
                        That would be awesome, would be good to hear some more Dallas updates.
                        My PD is August 2017, so still got some ways to go I guess.
                        Field Office: Dallas - Family based
                        PD: 08/29/2017
                        Biometrics: 09/26/2017
                        Interview: 02/12/2019
                        Approved: 02/13/2019
                        Shipped: 02/19/2019...then lost in mail

Filed I90 for replacement: 03/06/2019
                        Infopass for temporary stamp: 03/08/2019

Comment

Congrats! I am very happy for you and your family! I messaged you but it does not look like you have private messaging enabled.

All the best.

Comment

Interview completed, no status change yet

We completed our interview last week on Thursday (24th) in Dallas. PD from Jan 2017. Interview went well, but our case status hasn't changed online. The office did say that background review was still pending, I wonder how long it takes.

Comment

Thank you so much for your advice. I will be finishing a letter to my congressperson tonight and mailing it off tomorrow morning. If I don't hear something soon, I will contact them about his mother and grandmother. It's a hard situation but I know others are going through the same, or worse. So it does feel better to know that ya'll are going through this with me (kind of ) I'll keep everyone updated! PLEASE-- everyone in Dallas, answer this thread with your story/ timeline as well!
                              Juliakingsley,

your interview must be coming up. This thread contains links to other threads with great tips on staging your evidence for the interview, putting together your Table of contents, and more. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips

All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X