• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Turning 12 months

April 27 2017 uscis received application
    May 16 2017 Rfe requested
    May 30 2017 response to RFE received
    Sep 08 Combo card mailed
    Sep 11 - ?ready to schedule for an interview?

My medical will expire in a week time. Do I need to submit another one? What Can I do? I already have a 5 month old daughter yet I still haven?t heatd back since september. My card will expire end of august 2018 and we have a trip scheduled sep 2018. Estimated time at our local USCIS office (Orlando) is 10-18 months. This is really pissing me off. At least if there is interview date given, I knew where I should stand. I couldnt get a job as companies who called me always questioned why my resident card is only valid for one year as well as my DL and when I explained why, usual answer is ?Oh we prefer an applicant who already have a GC? Also the trip for sep 2018 has been prepared since last year, we purposely scheduled that month we were thinking I should have my GC then.

Also we hired a lawyer who is no help but we are not planning to use her anymore. Also she did was filed my application. I was not out of status when we filed for AOS, but we used a lawyer because I applied for a B2 extension and I only received it later on. On my application, it says that time I still have a B2 visa. Is calling the USCIS hotline will help anything? Or will it just make it worse? Also, if ever I haven?t received an interview yet by august, can I do the appointment at the local USCIS office to have the EAD combo? No judgement but Advise needed please.

Originally posted by Camicookie14 View Post
    I couldnt get a job as companies who called me always questioned why my resident card is only valid for one year as well as my DL and when I explained why, usual answer is ?Oh we prefer an applicant who already have a GC?
    Off topic but it is illegal for a company to deny a job on basis on having a work permit and no green card. I-9 is only completed after starting work.

Comment

Sep 08 Combo card mailed

My medical will expire in a week time. Do I need to submit another one? What Can I do? I already have a 5 month old daughter yet I still haven?t heatd back since september. My card will expire end of august 2018 and we have a trip scheduled sep 2018. Estimated time at our local USCIS office (Orlando) is 10-18 months. This is really pissing me off. At least if there is interview date given, I knew where I should stand. I couldnt get a job as companies who called me always questioned why my resident card is only valid for one year as well as my DL and when I explained why, usual answer is ?Oh we prefer an applicant who already have a GC? Also the trip for sep 2018 has been prepared since last year, we purposely scheduled that month we were thinking I should have my GC then.

Also we hired a lawyer who is no help but we are not planning to use her anymore. Also she did was filed my application. I was not out of status when we filed for AOS, but we used a lawyer because I applied for a B2 extension and I only received it later on. On my application, it says that time I still have a B2 visa. Is calling the USCIS hotline will help anything? Or will it just make it worse? Also, if ever I haven?t received an interview yet by august, can I do the appointment at the local USCIS office to have the EAD combo? No judgement but Advise needed please.
      You were not treated fairly by that prospective employer. If they told you that via email, you have proof and grounds for filing a complaint for discrimination based on many protected statuses. If they said it verbally is harder to prove but then they will be asked to justify why you were not hired. All an employer may ask you is "will you now OR in the future require sponsorship for employment authorization?". And in your case, the answer is no. That is all you need to say. No more. They will pause awkwardly to prompt you to reveal more but by law, they may not ask anything else.
      Once hired, on your first day of work - usually; the I-9 is filled out and you show them your documents. They may not ask you beforehand. "We will need to see your passport and driver's license" (Happened to me and I am currently working on piecing together a federal lawsuit).
      They're supposed to show you the list of documents that are acceptable and you can mix and match. You have been discriminated against and should do something about it. The EEOC would be on their behinds right away. They LOVE these type of cases.

Comment

Recent Interview

Sep 08 Combo card mailed

Hi, I had my interview a little over a month ago. What I would recommend it as soon as you get the interview notification or notice, whichever comes first, get an updated medical done and bring it with you to the interview.

As for the issue of not receiving an interview notice yet and your EAD expiring, you have two steps that you can take.

1. Raise a service request if the processing time is outside of the norm for your field office. That way, you can visit the field office and talk to someone in person.

2. For your expiring EAD, you can always apply for a new one up to 90 days before the expiration of your current EAD. With that you will likely received the new EAD before the current one expires, additionally, there is an automatic extension for those filing for AOS under c(9)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X