Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Address during i131 processing

Folks,

Myi 131 is currently under processing; biometrics was done Feb28. But I have had no updates on EAD and AP yet.
    I am contemplating changing my residence. Will this have an impact on processing? Please share your experiences. Thanks!!

Originally posted by babebayarea View Post
    Folks,

Myi 131 is currently under processing; biometrics was done Feb28. But I have had no updates on EAD and AP yet.
    I am contemplating changing my residence. Will this have an impact on processing? Please share your experiences. Thanks!!
    Babebayarea,

we can only assume from your username that your field office is San Francisco. Did you file for AOS - Spouse of US citizen? Here is the link to the processing times search tool. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
    There is no way to know really whether changing your permanent residence/moving will make things go any faster for you. Unless you're thinking moving from a place that processes 50% of cases in 15 months to a place that processes 50% of cases in 4 months; like Cleveland, OH., I would not recommend it. The moment you submit a Change of Address, you are inviting low skilled labor to touch your file. It's not a Level 2 officer that takes care of those tasks. Instead, such tasks are accomplished overnight by contractors.
    Second, keep in mind that you are expected to live where you tell USCIS that you live. We all want faster processing but don't do anything that might set you back altogether. As I've said to others - whatever you choose to do, execute it to perfection.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X