Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Appointment, is this for real? Has anyone experienced this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Appointment, is this for real? Has anyone experienced this?

Hi all,

Filed in new jersey processing office Chicago, IL

File received May 30, 2017

Interview date on SATURDAY May 12, 2018 in Newark Federal Building.

I have 2 questions

- When I called the USCIS customer service they said that because of the workload, the office will work on the weekend? But I have not seen anybody invited to this office yet on the weekend.

- Should I get the medical done again?

Thank you

Originally posted by avangard View Post
    Hi all,

Filed in new jersey processing office Chicago, IL

File received May 30, 2017

Interview date on SATURDAY May 12, 2018 in Newark Federal Building.

I have 2 questions

- When I called the USCIS customer service they said that because of the workload, the office will work on the weekend? But I have not seen anybody invited to this office yet on the weekend.

- Should I get the medical done again?

Thank you
    That's a good thing. They're doing that to keep up with applications now that interviews are also required for employment based AOS.

When was your medical done? You have a year to submit it from the day the medical is completed and it's good for another year from the day it's received for adjudication purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      That's a good thing. They're doing that to keep up with applications now that interviews are also required for employment based AOS.

When was your medical done? You have a year to submit it from the day the medical is completed and it's good for another year from the day it's received for adjudication purposes.
      My interview date is May 12, 2018 and the medical exam was done around 19 May 2017. I guess it is less than a year so I may not need to redo the exam right?

Best,

Comment

Originally posted by avangard View Post
        My interview date is May 12, 2018 and the medical exam was done around 19 May 2017. I guess it is less than a year so I may not need to redo the exam right?

Best,
        If your case is adjudicated on or before 05/29/2018, you will not have to submit another I-693. You're cutting it close, but you should be fine.

05/19/2017 - Medical exam completed; 05/18/2018 - 1 year deadline to submit I-693.
        05/30/2017 - I-693 received by USCIS; Valid for up to 1 year for adjudication purposes.
        05/12/2018 - Interview
        05/29/2018 - 1 year deadline after receipt for adjudication purposes.
        Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 04-15-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

If your case is adjudicated on or before 05/29/2018, you will not have to submit another I-693. You're cutting it close, but you should be fine.
          My interview was on 04/06/2018. My medical was submitted on 04/12/2017. i-485 was not decided at interview so am pretty sure I now have to redo the medical.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
            My interview was on 04/06/2018. My medical was submitted on 04/12/2017. i-485 was not decided at interview so am pretty sure I now have to redo the medical.
            Your case is so unusual, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the ISO cuts you some slack. Ever since you clarified it to me, I try to tell anyone I can. Often times, they don't believe me and submit it right way, anyway.

Comment

Ever since you clarified it to me, I try to tell anyone I can. Often times, they don't believe me and submit it right way, anyway.
              Well people will always believe what they choose - funny thing is even USCIS advises you hold off but we all this our case will be different and move faster than average.

I think USCIS doesn't do us any favor by the ambiguous way the word things or the nonsensical procedures the employ sometimes. For instance in the medical validity - why not just say 2 years and get it over with.

Comment

Well people will always believe what they choose - funny thing is even USCIS advises you hold off but we all this our case will be different and move faster than average.

I think USCIS doesn't do us any favor by the ambiguous way the word things or the nonsensical procedures the employ sometimes. For instance in the medical validity - why not just say 2 years and get it over with.
                Wanna get frustrated? Go through the Child Citizenship Act.

Comment

But How? They must have said if another medical exam was needed or not. Honestly, I am not getting it done again unless they ask for it.

Have you still not heard about it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

05/19/2017 - Medical exam completed; 05/18/2018 - 1 year deadline to submit I-693.
                  05/30/2017 - I-693 received by USCIS; Valid for up to 1 year for adjudication purposes.
                  05/12/2018 - Interview
                  05/29/2018 - 1 year deadline after receipt for adjudication purposes.

Thank you for your answer. I am getting prepared for the interview. What would you say about a B1 visa application?

Thank you

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I am getting prepared for the interview. What would you say about a B1 visa application?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I'm afraid I did not understand what you meant there. "What would you say about a B1 visa application? "

Comment

Hmmm, I'm afraid I did not understand what you meant there. "What would you say about a B1 visa application? "
                      i think he is worried about intent

Comment

i think he is worried about intent
                        Oh gotcha.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X