Rescheduling USCIS interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescheduling USCIS interview

I submitted a letter for rescheduling my AoS interview 10 days in advance (I handed the envelop myself to the office, so it was received the same day; the interview is on Apr 19, but I gave them the letter on Monday 9th). It was a dental appointment for my tooth surgery so pretty strong reason.

Now after 3 days has passed and no updates yet. How long does it take to hear back? Do they send me a letter first, or what? Should I also call USCIS?

Originally posted by arianaa30 View Post
    I submitted a letter for rescheduling my AoS interview 10 days in advance (I handed the envelop myself to the office, so it was received the same day; the interview is on Apr 19, but I gave them the letter on Monday 9th). It was a dental appointment for my tooth surgery so pretty strong reason.

Now after 3 days has passed and no updates yet. How long does it take to hear back? Do they send me a letter first, or what? Should I also call USCIS?
    Dental surgery looks like a very silly reason to reschedule imho.

Comment

I heard a few rescheduling issues before but I wouldn?t recommend you to reschedule it. It?d love to go to interview with toothache instead of going to dentist office. They are working so slow, I believe (my opinion) you might have to wait couple of months for scheduling your interview. Like I said, this is my personal opinion, I think it might take long time. Maybe not, I hope it doesn?t 😊

And also for me, dentist appointment isn?t an important reason to reschedule your interview. I am planing a Disney trip right now and if my interview schedules at the same time of the trip, I?d rather cancel my trip honestly (I hope not) 😄
      PD: 08/11/2017
      EAD and SSN: November 2017
      Interview date: 06/27/2018
      I-130 and I-485 approved: 07/02/2018
      GC in hand: 07/05/2018

Comment

Look, you have to be prepared for them to decline to reschedule your interview. Clearly, they saw you walk in there and hand in the form. Your jaw is not being reattached or upper teeth line reconstructed. Whoever accepted the letter from you, will likely be asked.

Do not forget that "The grant of an application for adjustment of status under section 245 is a matter of administrative grace. An applicant has the burden of showing that discretion should be exercised in his favor." At p. 601
        USCIS is huge on this. They lined up their man power and carved out time for you. Now that date and time is inconvenient for you. I am not judging. I understand your visa is running out. It sucks. We have all been there. That's the majority of this forum. Just be prepared for either outcome.

Best of luck.
        Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 04-12-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

rescheduling wasn't a good move at all, but hope for the best
          Marriage based AOS
          Service Center : NBC
          Application centre : Boston
          PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
          Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
          First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
          Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
          Card bn produced : 3/23/18
          Card received 3/30/18
          Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
          Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
          Interview date: 9/10/18
          Approval letter received :9/14/18
          Card was mailed to me: 9/14/18
          Green card received : 9/19/18

Comment

You've got to be kidding me!!
            Adjusting from H1-b, married to USC, Philadelphia, PA

12/19/17: App sent
            12/27/17: App Received
            1/8/18: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
            1/12/18: 3 letters of the receipt in mail
            1/20/18: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
            2/02/18: Biometric Appointment
            2/8/18: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview.
            5/16/18: New Card Is Being Produced
            5/26/18: Received EAD card
            12/20/18: Interview scheduled.
            1/24/19: Interview completer; approved on the spot

Comment

Originally posted by ks1204 View Post
              You've got to be kidding me!!
              😂😂😂🤣🤣😋
              Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
              Priority Date: 01/22/2018
              Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
              Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
              Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
              Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
              EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
              EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
              SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
              GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
              Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
              I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
              GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

I don't think anyone on here has heard any good stories about rescheduling, hence the responses you've been seeing, however, please keep us updated about how it goes for you, it will help add to the knowledge base.

Be prepared; if you don't hear back, go to the interview and skip the dentist.

Comment

Like E3toGC said, you are better off attending the interview. In the mean time, keep looking for options. I am not very familiar with work visas, but I imagine that you would get a grace period or some chance to find a new employer. ICE won't be there waiting for you in order to remove you. It does not work like that. That actually happened to someone recently. But it takes so much for that to happen. That is not the case with you.

I would retain an attorney and attend with one. The presence of an attorney always has a sobering effect on situations. Everyone starts following rules and treating others fairly. An attorney can ensure that you are treated fairly and can ask questions you may not think of. If you are not treated fairly, well, that's a thread you can pull and sue. It's been done before.

Avoiding the interview is not the way to go here. The US is also not the holy grail. You have a PhD. Canada would take you in a heart beat. Just saying.

All the best.

Comment

sooo... what happened?
                    Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
                    3/26/18 From Miami
                    4/1/18 Received
                    4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
                    4/10/18 NoAs text & email
                    4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
                    4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
                    4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
                    5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
                    9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
                    9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
                    9/22/18 SSN in hand
                    1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

I'm nerve wrecked about this topic because I have 4 different business trip in June and yes I can cancel them. But I have a trip back home in September. I can't cancel that one because I'm taking 8 friends with me and there is going to be my wedding reception for my relatives who couldn't come in USA. I have a deposit of 8k for a restaurant. I don't know what would happen in that case honestly.
                      Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                      Package Sent: 3/12
                      PD: 3/14/
                      Checks Cashed: 3/27
                      NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                      NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                      Biometric letter: 4/5
                      Biometric: 4/18
                      Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                      Interview was scheduled 5/22
                      Letter for interview received 5/26
                      Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                      Green card approved after interview
                      Green Card being printed 6/27
                      Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
                        sooo... what happened?
                        😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
                          I'm nerve wrecked about this topic because I have 4 different business trip in June and yes I can cancel them. But I have a trip back home in September. I can't cancel that one because I'm taking 8 friends with me and there is going to be my wedding reception for my relatives who couldn't come in USA. I have a deposit of 8k for a restaurant. I don't know what would happen in that case honestly.
                          It will not take that long. Your case made it to the "case ready to be scheduled for interview" in 42 days. Sure, Cincinnati is the slowest of the 3 field offices but you've had no hiccups. I would call and ask about the current interviews. When did those people file? That way you can get a sense. The worse they can say to you is - no, we won't check that.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                            It will not take that long. Your case made it to the "case ready to be scheduled for interview" in 42 days. Sure, Cincinnati is the slowest of the 3 field offices but you've had no hiccups. I would call and ask about the current interviews. When did those people file? That way you can get a sense. The worse they can say to you is - no, we won't check that.
                            I didn't know that was a possibility. I'll try in case it will take longer than your 1 cent lol
                            Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                            Package Sent: 3/12
                            PD: 3/14/
                            Checks Cashed: 3/27
                            NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                            NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                            Biometric letter: 4/5
                            Biometric: 4/18
                            Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                            Interview was scheduled 5/22
                            Letter for interview received 5/26
                            Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                            Green card approved after interview
                            Green Card being printed 6/27
                            Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              I dont think it that means anything. My case made it to ready to schedule an interview in about 45 days but it took almost a year for the interview to happen. Also there is an app in itunes that can show give you iformation of about cases that filed about the same time you did but it doesnt break the data down by field office.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X