Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Interview approved but no i485 approval

Hi,
    My employment based 485 was filed on May31, 2017. Biometrics was completed successfully and an interview was scheduled at the Chicago Office on Jan29, 2018. The interview went quite well and the officer said that I was recommended for approval. However, I have seen no online status updates of my case (status still remains as 'Case Transferred to another office', though an interview was scheduled, conducted and completed successfully. May be this is the status that is set when the application gets transferred from NBC to the regional local offices), also have not received any i485 approval letters. I went for an INFOPASS at the Chicago office on Mar15, 2018. The officer at the INFOPASS said that though I was approved, the officer who was looking into my case forgot to update the system formally and hence the case was stuck.
    I received a i485 Supplement J (to prove that my work responsibilities remain the same since my i140 was approved) approval letter in the last week of April 2018. However I still have not received any i485 approval letters yet or the green card.
    Went for an INFOPASS again today (Apr12), but this time the officer was not cooperative and could not provide any information.

Not sure if there is a lot of backlog at the Chicago office, due to which it is taking time for clearing the cases

Has anyone gone through this situation, if yes, request to please provide your valuable updates.

Thank you.

Originally posted by asishkoley View Post
    Hi,
    My employment based 485 was filed on May31, 2017. Biometrics was completed successfully and an interview was scheduled at the Chicago Office on Jan29, 2018. The interview went quite well and the officer said that I was recommended for approval. However, I have seen no online status updates of my case (status still remains as 'Case Transferred to another office', though an interview was scheduled, conducted and completed successfully. May be this is the status that is set when the application gets transferred from NBC to the regional local offices), also have not received any i485 approval letters. I went for an INFOPASS at the Chicago office on Mar15, 2018. The officer at the INFOPASS said that though I was approved, the officer who was looking into my case forgot to update the system formally and hence the case was stuck.
    I received a i485 Supplement J (to prove that my work responsibilities remain the same since my i140 was approved) approval letter in the last week of April 2018. However I still have not received any i485 approval letters yet or the green card.
    Went for an INFOPASS again today (Apr12), but this time the officer was not cooperative and could not provide any information.

Not sure if there is a lot of backlog at the Chicago office, due to which it is taking time for clearing the cases

Has anyone gone through this situation, if yes, request to please provide your valuable updates.

Thank you.
    I am sure they are busy like everyone else but just recently, someone here reported getting their interview in record time and green card, as well. Have you tried calling and speaking to a Level 2 Officer?

At this point, you should also be signed up for an account here https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov Some report getting more detailed updates and more reliably.

All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X