Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485-Processing times in Chicago

Hi,

I am an US Citizen, my husband and I sent the forms to adjust his status on November 2017 (we have been married for 4 years). We have been waiting for the interview appointment since January 2018. We called USCIS to see if the could give us more information about the status of our application and they said that it takes from 11-26 months to finish the process for I-485. Can someone please tell mi its experience in Chicago, I hope the appointment doesn't take that long since we have been waiting for almost 5 months just to get an appointment for the interview by now. It is really frustrating to wait that long. Thank you!

Originally posted by luzmansilla2012 View Post
    Hi,

I am an US Citizen, my husband and I sent the forms to adjust his status on November 2017 (we have been married for 4 years). We have been waiting for the interview appointment since January 2018. We called USCIS to see if the could give us more information about the status of our application and they said that it takes from 11-26 months to finish the process for I-485. Can someone please tell mi its experience in Chicago, I hope the appointment doesn't take that long since we have been waiting for almost 5 months just to get an appointment for the interview by now. It is really frustrating to wait that long. Thank you!
    Here is the link to the processing times tool. The Chicago field office lists the following:
    For family based AOS petitions
    11.5 months to process 50% of cases
    32.5 months to process 93% of cases
    This site provides applicants the ability to see an estimate of the time to completion from submission of USCIS forms based on its adjudication location and subtype.

You did not tell us if you've completed your biometrics or received your EAD/AD card. Have you had any RFEs? For reasons unknown to us, some cases from 2018 are moving faster than some filed in 2017 at some field offices. In some instances, USCIS has claimed a system glitch which caused a marriage based case to be misclassified as employment based and thus, scheduled for interview right away. I just read that one field office did not honor the "glitch" and told the person he/she would get a new notice. In other cases, it seems like people who front-loaded evidence and and had no RFEs are going straight to interviews.
    What's your timeline?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X