April 2018 Fillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    congrats! I would ask the post office to hold all your mail until you get back. Signature and ID are required BUT it's not always enforced. Some people just find their combo cards in their mailbox. For others, it's gotten complicated. The mailcarrier may determine the mailing is undeliverable. Once that happens, then it enters this black hole. Several have had issues retrieving the combo card from the USCIS-USPS black hole. I would just make it easier on yourself and ask the post office to hold all your mail.

Cheers for your help. Already signed up for informed delivery. I am guessing I can ask to hold back mail through that?

Comment

• New Card is Being Produced

Well 209 days into this AOS journey today was our big day. We got to the Boston Field Office at 9:00 for a 9:30 interview and was called at 10:40. Officer separated us and brought me, the USC in first. Right by the door was a copy machine and he asked me for my license to make a copy. While the copier was making a copy he looked into my bag I was carrying and spotted a 4" Binder overflowing with documents and stated "this is going to be easy". He brought me in his office and swore me in and sat me down. We started talking about what he needed and I just handed him my book and told him there was a Table of Contents. He looked at it told me what he wanted and I pulled it out. I had made copies of everything I had and did the 2 hole punch on top. He loved it. He asked me 5 questions about how and where we met, first d.ate and where we went . My part was done and he brought me out front and brought my wife back to his office. He went on and on about how well our book was and stated he was really impressed. He then did about 10 of the yes and no questions and the 5 questions he asked me and wanted to know if she was happy in the marriage. Done! He brought my wife out front, we said bye and thanks and we were out by 11:00.
      I think the more evidence you give them the more they like it. I believe they have to write reports on each interview and have to justify their actions so the more you give them the easier it is for them. 8:15 this evening I got a text "New Card is Being Produced"
      Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories. The more I read around here the more I learned and the more confident I got. The waiting is the hardest and most stressful part of it all.
      God Bless you all and Good Luck
      4-18-18 PD
      4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
      9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
      10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
      10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
      10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
      11-13-18 Interview
      11-13-18 New card being produced
      11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
      11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

• Originally posted by bobm445 View Post
        Well 209 days into this AOS journey today was our big day. We got to the Boston Field Office at 9:00 for a 9:30 interview and was called at 10:40. Officer separated us and brought me, the USC in first. Right by the door was a copy machine and he asked me for my license to make a copy. While the copier was making a copy he looked into my bag I was carrying and spotted a 4" Binder overflowing with documents and stated "this is going to be easy". He brought me in his office and swore me in and sat me down. We started talking about what he needed and I just handed him my book and told him there was a Table of Contents. He looked at it told me what he wanted and I pulled it out. I had made copies of everything I had and did the 2 hole punch on top. He loved it. He asked me 5 questions about how and where we met, first d.ate and where we went . My part was done and he brought me out front and brought my wife back to his office. He went on and on about how well our book was and stated he was really impressed. He then did about 10 of the yes and no questions and the 5 questions he asked me and wanted to know if she was happy in the marriage. Done! He brought my wife out front, we said bye and thanks and we were out by 11:00.
        I think the more evidence you give them the more they like it. I believe they have to write reports on each interview and have to justify their actions so the more you give them the easier it is for them. 8:15 this evening I got a text "New Card is Being Produced"
        Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories. The more I read around here the more I learned and the more confident I got. The waiting is the hardest and most stressful part of it all.
        God Bless you all and Good Luck
        Congratulations! You prepared thoroughly and it paid off! You even put a Table of Contents together! Do not forget that you are now on the Removal of conditions wagon. You will submit evidence since the date of your marriage. Here is an example of what a solid Table of Contents looks like for the I-751. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...346#post582346

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

• Interview yesterday

Hi Guys

I had my interview yesterday in Oklahoma City and we got really lucky with the IO we had. He put us at ease straight away. As soon as we walked into our office he asked us to remain standing while he swore us in. He then asked me if I got my work authorization card and then asked to see it. He then asked for any new documents with our names on it. We told him we only had a few new things: A deed to our house, a bill with both our names on it, flight itineraries and some snapshots of informed delivery. He told us it didn't matter what it was just something that had both our names on it so we handed them all over. He then only asked us two directed questions at us. One at the start and one at the end of the interview. He first asked us to tell him our love story. During this my wife(U.S citizen) mainly spoke and I chipped in every now and again. The IO didn't seem to mind that it was mainly my wife talking. After talking about how we met, moved in etc he then went through the yes no questions on the application. He then finished the interview by asking us our future plans. We both hesitated and he then elaborated his questions saying do you want kids, where will you live etc. We told him due to the business my wife is in we will be staying in Oklahoma for the foreseeable future. We didn't want any kids just yet as we still have a lot of places we want to tick off and see and kids are expensive. The IO laughed and agreed to that statement and then we just started chatting about the places we have all been to and compared notes. He then told us that he will be approving our application that day.

The whole interview was 15-20 minutes long max. I am glad I followed the suggestions of organizing your folders for the interview because I was a nervous wreck once I was in there and being able to find everything he needed quickly definitely helped the situation. Interestingly the IO told us that he usually already has a good feel on whether he is going to approve someone before the interview. So I would recommend making sure to put strong evidence in your initial application.

I woke up this morning to the email saying that a new card is being produced!!

okc field office -

f1-opt-h1b-gc via marriage USC (been here since Aug 2013 - dated my spouse since Aug 2014, married 3/23/2018)

4/5/18: sent paper work
          4/26/18 : PD
          5/07/18 : Received 4 letters.
          5/14/18 :Biometrics letter
          6/1/18: Biometrics
          9/15/18: RFE for tax. (Wanted it from the irs website even though we sent everything they asked for barre the IRS printout./ sent RFE that day - Also no update on either site or notification that RFE was sent just appeared in my letter box
          9/26/18: Recieved RFE
          10/11/18 : "Ready to be scheduled for interview", Interview scheduled
          10/18/18 : Interview scheduled letter arrives
          11/9/2018 EAD being produced
          11/15/2018 EAD Recieved
          11/27/18 : Interview scheduled
          11/28/18 New card being produced

Comment

• Originally posted by okccanary View Post
            Hi Guys

I had my interview yesterday in Oklahoma City and we got really lucky with the IO we had. He put us at ease straight away. As soon as we walked into our office he asked us to remain standing while he swore us in. He then asked me if I got my work authorization card and then asked to see it. He then asked for any new documents with our names on it. We told him we only had a few new things: A deed to our house, a bill with both our names on it, flight itineraries and some snapshots of informed delivery. He told us it didn't matter what it was just something that had both our names on it so we handed them all over. He then only asked us two directed questions at us. One at the start and one at the end of the interview. He first asked us to tell him our love story. During this my wife(U.S citizen) mainly spoke and I chipped in every now and again. The IO didn't seem to mind that it was mainly my wife talking. After talking about how we met, moved in etc he then went through the yes no questions on the application. He then finished the interview by asking us our future plans. We both hesitated and he then elaborated his questions saying do you want kids, where will you live etc. We told him due to the business my wife is in we will be staying in Oklahoma for the foreseeable future. We didn't want any kids just yet as we still have a lot of places we want to tick off and see and kids are expensive. The IO laughed and agreed to that statement and then we just started chatting about the places we have all been to and compared notes. He then told us that he will be approving our application that day.

The whole interview was 15-20 minutes long max. I am glad I followed the suggestions of organizing your folders for the interview because I was a nervous wreck once I was in there and being able to find everything he needed quickly definitely helped the situation. Interestingly the IO told us that he usually already has a good feel on whether he is going to approve someone before the interview. So I would recommend making sure to put strong evidence in your initial application.

I woke up this morning to the email saying that a new card is being produced!!

okc field office -

f1-opt-h1b-gc via marriage USC (been here since Aug 2013 - dated my spouse since Aug 2014, married 3/23/2018)

4/5/18: sent paper work
            4/26/18 : PD
            5/07/18 : Received 4 letters.
            5/14/18 :Biometrics letter
            6/1/18: Biometrics
            9/15/18: RFE for tax. (Wanted it from the irs website even though we sent everything they asked for barre the IRS printout./ sent RFE that day - Also no update on either site or notification that RFE was sent just appeared in my letter box
            9/26/18: Recieved RFE
            10/11/18 : "Ready to be scheduled for interview", Interview scheduled
            10/18/18 : Interview scheduled letter arrives
            11/9/2018 EAD being produced
            11/15/2018 EAD Recieved
            11/27/18 : Interview scheduled
            11/28/18 New card being produced
            congrats!!!
            C9 Spouse of USC
            NYC Filer
            04/13/18 - PD
            05/04/18 - Bio notice
            05/23/18 - Bio completed
            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
            10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
            10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
            10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
            10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
            10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
            11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• Jazzya empty your mailbox!

I have been trying to respond to your messages and I cannot get through.

Best,

USCFFS

Comment

• Happy holidays to everyone

Just updated my timeline with the results of fingerprints and background check.

Comment

• Many have found this thread very useful in preparing their evidence of bona fide marriage for their initial AOS filing and their subsequent interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...124#post591124

Comment

• Originally posted by lts63 View Post
                    Happy holidays to everyone

Just updated my timeline with the results of fingerprints and background check.
                    Hi! How do you know about your background check?
                    C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
                    * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
                    * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
                    * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
                    * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
                    * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
                    * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
                    * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
                    * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
                    * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
                    * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• New update!

12/27/18: Interview was scheduled! 😳
                      04/26/18: Package received (Priority Date)
                      05/11: Biometrics appointment letter for May 24th
                      05/24: Biometrics Done
                      05/31: Case ready to be scheduled for interview.
                      6/23: Fingerprint review was completed
                      8/18: New Card is being produced (EAD)
                      8/22: Card Was Mailed to Me
                      12/28: Interview Was Scheduled

2/13/19: Interview Date (Approved on the Spot)
                      2/13: New Card is Being Produce (Green Card)
                      2/15: Card Was Mailed To me
                      2/21: Green Card on Hand

Field Office: Newark, NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by cycross View Post
                        Congrats! You should get the interview letter in about a week!
                        Marriage based AOS:Concurrent Filing
                        Field Office: San Antonio,TX
                        04/09/18: PD
                        04/18: Checks cashed
                        04/30: Biometrics complete
                        05/03: RFIE Mailed
                        06/24: "Fingerprint review completed"
                        10/06: SR
                        10/10: Contacted Congressman
                        11/01: RFIE received (egov update)
                        11/08: "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
                        11/26: EAD is being produced
                        11/30: EAD mailed
                        12/03: SS in hand
                        12/06: EAD in hand
                        11/29: Interview scheduled
                        01/03/19: Interview date (approved on the spot)

Comment

• Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by cycross View Post
                            Congrats! Many have found the resources on this thread very useful in preparing their evidence of bona fide marriage for their initial AOS filing and their interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428

Comment

• Congrats. My PD is actually February 26 and I’ve not been scheduled for interview yet. Hopeful and prayerful. My field office is Newark too.
                              Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              Congrats! Many have found the resources on this thread very useful in preparing their evidence of bona fide marriage for their initial AOS filing and their interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                                Thank you!
                                04/26/18: Package received (Priority Date)
                                05/11: Biometrics appointment letter for May 24th
                                05/24: Biometrics Done
                                05/31: Case ready to be scheduled for interview.
                                6/23: Fingerprint review was completed
                                8/18: New Card is being produced (EAD)
                                8/22: Card Was Mailed to Me
                                12/28: Interview Was Scheduled

2/13/19: Interview Date (Approved on the Spot)
                                2/13: New Card is Being Produce (Green Card)
                                2/15: Card Was Mailed To me
                                2/21: Green Card on Hand

Field Office: Newark, NJ

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X