• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeToledo View Post
    Marriage based AOS - I-130 (+I-131), I-485 & I-765

April 20th: Documents mailed in
    April 23rd: Documents received by USCIS
    May 4: Notice date
    May 11: 4 NOA's received in mail

I was starting to get nervous as most people receive their NOA's faster than this.
    Hopefully the rest of the process will be faster, this is nerve wrecking!

I feel you, the whole thing is nerve wracking! And when you see people's timelines that have moved quicker than yours it just makes you worry about what's happened to your own case! But it just goes by field office, some are faster than others. You can find processing times for each field office on the USCIS website.

It sounds like you're moving forward though. It's cheap to say but "be patient". It's easier said than done, I know!

Good luck.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

I was starting to get nervous as most people receive their NOA's faster than this.

Tezza is right. It just depends on the office you?re applying from. Your case is coming along so I wouldn?t be too worried but I understand, we are all pretty anxious. You should be receiving your biometrics appointment notice in about 7-10 days. Keep us updated!
      Marriage based AOS:Concurrent Filing
      Field Office: San Antonio,TX
      04/09/18: PD
      04/18: Checks cashed
      04/30: Biometrics complete
      05/03: RFIE Mailed
      06/24: "Fingerprint review completed"
      10/06: SR
      10/10: Contacted Congressman
      11/01: RFIE received (egov update)
      11/08: "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
      11/26: EAD is being produced
      11/30: EAD mailed
      12/03: SS in hand
      12/06: EAD in hand
      11/29: Interview scheduled
      01/03/19: Interview date (approved on the spot)

Comment

I do not see anything wrong with your timeline. You did mail your documents on a Friday, which added an extra day or two, and likely trusted USPS with this. Fedex is best for these matters.
        Your NOAs were generated on May 4th, which tells me your receipt numbers were available 10 days post delivery of your AOS package to USCIS lockbox. You could have called the National Customer Service Number. There's never been an issue with getting the receipt numbers on day 10 if your applications have not been rejected, of course. OR you could have chatted with Emma.
        Your NOAs arrived on May 11th. That is exactly 7 days after May 4th when they were generated. I'd say all of that is pretty standard. There were no delays.
        You do have the Cleveland, OH office. That's the fasted office in the country. As soon as you get your biometrics appointment letter, just do a walk-in, and get it done. There may or may not be a computer glitch. Don't count on it. The biggest delays are always from RFEs and those are self-inflicted.

By the way, your field office is not involved in any of this before your case reaches the "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview" stage. Right now, your file is at the National Benefits Center. That used to be the Missouri Service Center. That's why your receipts start with MSC. Your file will remain there until your field office has a slot for your interview. In other words, all cases move relatively at the same speed up until the "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" stage. If you have a fast office, you get scheduled for interview. Your file is then sent from the NBC to your field office. You are also notified that it has been received by your field office.
        If you have the Minneapolis Field office, one of the slowest in the country, (I do), your case will sit at that stage for a long time anywhere between 14.5 months to 18 months in some cases.

All the best.
        Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 05-12-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Marriage based AOS - I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864

Sent via USPS on April 3rd with tracking to Chicago Lockbox.
          Arrived at post office in Chicago, 60680 on April 4th
          Email & text notifications received April 19th
          Fees cashed on April 20th
          I-797 NOA Receipts received in mail for all 3 forms on April 25th
          Biometrics Appointment notice received in mail on April 27th for May 11th
          Biometrics complete, Early walk-in on May 5th
          Request for initial evidence on May 11th (forgot to give a copy of the untranslated BC and Marriage certificate)

Comment

Thank you all!
            I know it was within the normal timing, which is why I didn't call USCIS or post to this forum in a state of panic. But there's a lot of people receiving them faster I kept my cool by searching for the slow ones, I'm just a very nervous person to begin with.

I will for sure keep you all updated on my process, just browsing here has given me a peace of mind I hope to be able to give others with my timeline myself.
            Cleveland Field Office
            4/20: Documents mailed
            5/11: 4 NOA's
            6/1: Fingerprints at Detroit FO
            6/7: case is ready to be scheduled for interview.
            6/18: notice for interview
            7/18: interview complete. Case recommended for approval
            8/1: received text messages and emails stating production of card has been ordered (i485) (eGOV and DHS)
            8/2: approval for i130 and i485
            8/8: received approval letters + text messages card underway
            8/9: GC in hand

Comment

Thank you all!
              I know it was within the normal timing, which is why I didn't call USCIS or post to this forum in a state of panic. But there's a lot of people receiving them faster I kept my cool by searching for the slow ones, I'm just a very nervous person to begin with.

I will for sure keep you all updated on my process, just browsing here has given me a peace of mind I hope to be able to give others with my timeline myself.
              The whole process is a waiting game.
              Dont give up hope!!

Comment

Hi !!!!

hi guys , new to the forum

Marriage based AOS - I-130, I-485 & I-765, I-131

Sent via USPS on April 11th with tracking to Chicago Lockbox.
                Biometrics appointment completed on May 1st
                current status " reviewed biometrics and still processing your case" since May 1st

what's the next step and the expected timeline ?

Thanks

Comment

EB2 filed at Dallas

Hi

I have found this forum very informative and helpful. Posting my case to the list of April filers

EB2 based AOS, I765 and I131
                  PD:02-15-2000
                  Application shipped by Fedex: 04-27-2018
                  Received at lockbox : 04-30-2018
                  Dallas Lockbox

Still waiting for NOA and check encashment. I have called USCIS helpline twice. both times i was connected to level 2. I was told by officer today morning - it takes 15-30 days for intake of a new application. I am still within that period and there is no reason to panic. Since my application has not yet been accepted at lockbox, they dont have any receipt number. They only have my A number...Will keep you all updated

thanks

Comment

Hi,

My AOS package was delivered to USCIS Chicago lockbox on April 23rd and no notice since then. Where can I call for informations? Or maybe Should I send the application again?
                    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by hartfordfiler View Post
                      hi guys , new to the forum

Marriage based AOS - I-130, I-485 & I-765, I-131

Sent via USPS on April 11th with tracking to Chicago Lockbox.
                      Biometrics appointment completed on May 1st
                      current status " reviewed biometrics and still processing your case" since May 1st

what's the next step and the expected timeline ?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and congratulations for getting your package in.

This is a generic timeline based on what i read on this forum.

-Your case will be ready to schedule
                      -In about 3 months you will get your EAD with AP (can vary a little depending on the location)
                      -In the mean while you might have a date that will schedule your interview with USCIS
                      -Wait till your interview date

Do share what location you have applied from and I guess you will get more specific timelines based on people applying from a similar location

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by IRM2017 View Post
                      My AOS package was delivered to USCIS Chicago lockbox on April 23rd and no notice since then. Where can I call for informations? Or maybe Should I send the application again?
                      Thank you
                      You should call them TODAY, a simple google search will give you the contact number to USCIS - https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us
                      Their number is 800-375-5283

Comment

Originally posted by IRM2017 View Post
                        Thank you
                        Call their customer care number 1-800-375-5283
                        select 2 and then again 2
                        you will be connected to an agent. i believe this is Tier 1. if they cannot get you information, you will be connected to Tier 2. Usually Tier 2 automatically routes to a call scheduler and you get a call back in 1-2 hours. At that point you speak to a Tier 2 officer. hope this helps.

Comment

Hi there , thanks for the reply. I filed from Hartford, CT.

Originally posted by jazzya View Post
                          Welcome to the forum and congratulations for getting your package in.

This is a generic timeline based on what i read on this forum.

-Your case will be ready to schedule
                          -In about 3 months you will get your EAD with AP (can vary a little depending on the location)
                          -In the mean while you might have a date that will schedule your interview with USCIS
                          -Wait till your interview date

Do share what location you have applied from and I guess you will get more specific timelines based on people applying from a similar location

- - - Updated - - -

You should call them TODAY, a simple google search will give you the contact number to USCIS - https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us
                          Their number is 800-375-5283

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by rkc14 View Post
                            Call their customer care number 1-800-375-5283
                            select 2 and then again 2
                            you will be connected to an agent. i believe this is Tier 1. if they cannot get you information, you will be connected to Tier 2. Usually Tier 2 automatically routes to a call scheduler and you get a call back in 1-2 hours. At that point you speak to a Tier 2 officer. hope this helps.
                            Just got the package back today, case rejected. Explanation was I-485 improperly filled and I found a date filled incorrect, I mean in European format.

Comment

Originally posted by hartfordfiler View Post
                              Hi there , thanks for the reply. I filed from Hartford, CT.
                              So it has around 10 months on minimum processing time. So your case should follow the same time as other people here. Its the average time.

Comment

Marriage based AOS - I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, now 44 days in the process.

04/04/18: Priority Date
                                04/19/18: Email & text notifications saying cases received
                                04/20/18: Checks cashed
                                04/25/18: NOA rec'd by mail for 3 forms
                                04/27/18: Biometrics appointment letter received
                                05/05/18: Biometrics complete
                                05/12/18: RFIE notice received (regarding I-485) & sent back on May 14th
                                05/17/18: RFIE received by NSC

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X