No announcement yet.

April 2018 Fillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We haven?t yet, turns out the post office wouldn?t deliver the NOA1 letter and sent it back. So now we have to wait for them to reissue us a new one. The fees were correct he just didn?t sign the i765 in the right spot, they said the the wrong filing fee message was probably just default because there is no filing fee for the work permit. They told us to send it back with a copy of the NOA1 so we have to wait which really sucks.
    Marriage Based AOS

08/21/17: Priority date

3/16/18: I-130 Approved
    4/07/18: I-485, I-864, I-765, I-693, and G-325a sent out
    4/27/18: Check cashed
    4/30/18: Rejection notice for I-765 (incorrect filing fee, no signature)
    6/07/18: Notice was returned because Post Office was unable to deliver, request for reissue sent
    6/25/18: Reissued NOA1 received
    6/27/18: Corrected I-765 sent out
    7/10/18: New I-765 NOA1 recieved
    7/13/18: Biometric letter recieved
    7/27/18: Biometrics done

Comment

• Updated: 06/9/2018

Marriage based AOS - I-130, I-485 & I-765

Sent via USPS on April 10th with tracking to Chicago Lockbox.
      Arrived at post office in Chicago, 60680 on April 12th
      Picked up by USCIS on April 14th
      Email & text notifications received April 19th at 10.30pm
      I-797 NOA Receipts received in mail for all 3 forms on April 23rd
      Biometrics Appointment notice received in mail on April 27th for May 11th
      Courtesy letter for I-693 received on May 10th
      Biometrics appointment completed on May 11th
      Case Status: Testing & Interview: An interview has been scheduled (Waiting on the letter to confirm date) on June 4th 2018
      Received interview appointment letter on June 9th with the interview appointment set for July 10th

Very surprised at the speed of this, all together 3 months from filing the forms to receiving an interview! My field office is Kansas City, MO for those curious. I suspect Missouri is not as dense with immigrants as some other states, which might be why it's happened this quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Qwerty654321 View Post
      Hey how are you doing? We share similar timelines. My PD is 04/05/18 and on the 1st of June my case status changed the Interview was scheduled. I?d like to know how long it would take to get letter of the interview date. My case is Family (marriage) based. If anyone got any questions or anything let me know.
      Hey bud,

I received the notice online saying the interview was scheduled on June 4th, and today June 9th I received my interview notice for July 10th. Hope that helps.
      Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
      4-12: Arrived in Chicago
      4-14: Picked up by USCIS
      4-19: Email & text notifications received
      4-23: I-797 Receipts received
      4-27: Biometrics notice received
      5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
      5-11: Biometrics completed
      6-04: Interview scheduled
      6-09: Received interview letter
      7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
      7-13: Card was Mailed
      7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

• Very surprised at the speed of this, all together 3 months from filing the forms to receiving an interview! My field office is Kansas City, MO for those curious. I suspect Missouri is not as dense with immigrants as some other states, which might be why it's happened this quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Your field office gets a fair amount of family based AOS applications. However, they always process more applications than they receive. So they're always chipping away at their backlog.
        On the other hand, the field office does not get that many employment based AOS cases - less than 10% of the number of Family based AOS.
        All that being said, I think Kansas City, MO is a safe bet if you want to get your green card in less than 6 months - in spite of what the new processing times state.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          Very surprised at the speed of this, all together 3 months from filing the forms to receiving an interview! My field office is Kansas City, MO for those curious. I suspect Missouri is not as dense with immigrants as some other states, which might be why it's happened this quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Your field office gets a fair amount of family based AOS applications. However, they always process more applications than they receive. So they're always chipping away at their backlog.
          On the other hand, the field office does not get that many employment based AOS cases - less than 10% of the number of Family based AOS.
          All that being said, I think Kansas City, MO is a safe bet if you want to get your green card in less than 6 months - in spite of what the new processing times state.
          Interesting information, thanks bud.
          Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
          4-12: Arrived in Chicago
          4-14: Picked up by USCIS
          4-19: Email & text notifications received
          4-23: I-797 Receipts received
          4-27: Biometrics notice received
          5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
          5-11: Biometrics completed
          6-04: Interview scheduled
          6-09: Received interview letter
          7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
          7-13: Card was Mailed
          7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Hey! Where did you find those informations UScitizenFilingforspouse? I want to check about my field office ( Charlotte/NC). 😊
            I?m impressed with your knowledge and how helpful you always are. Thank you in advance.
            NC- Charlotte Field Office
            C9 concurrent filing
            04/10/2018 - Priority date.
            04/18- 3 Email/Text not
            04/23- NOA letters - by mail.
            04/26 - Bio Notice for 05/09.
            05/09 - Bio completed
            08/13 - RFIE Received
            08/31 - RFIE mailed
            09/04- RFIE response was received
            10/18 - Case is ready to be schedule
            10/22 - Interview was Scheduled
            11/26 - Inteview
            11/30 - Approval letters
            12/01 - Card was mailed
            12/06/2018 - 10 years Green Card received

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahah that?s great. Please provide the same analysis for any crappy California office.

Comment

• Originally posted by ALMThere View Post
                Hey! Where did you find those informations UScitizenFilingforspouse? I want to check about my field office ( Charlotte/NC). 😊
                I?m impressed with your knowledge and how helpful you always are. Thank you in advance.
                Here you go!

I color coded it for you. It's easier to figure out intuitively processing times if you color code it. Ok, so here it goes:

- January 1st, 2017 2,320 pending AOS from 2016.
                - Remember that applications are processed in the order they are received. That means that applications received on or after January 1st, 2018, will only be adjudicated/processed to completion AFTER the 2,320 applications that are pending from 2016 are completed.
                - So you will subtract "approved + denied" applications FROM "pending applications"
                - Follow the colors. Pending yellow - (approved yellow + denied yellow).
                - You do that with every color until you get a negative number. The negative number tells you that you have finished all applications from 2016 AND now you are making a dent on applications received on or after January 1st, 2018.

2,320 -(603 + 93) = 1,624 01/01/17 - 03/31/17
                1,624 -(620 + 80) = 924 04/01/17 - 06/30/17
                924 -(1188 + 56) = -320 07/01/17 - 09/30/17 *sometime by the end of August they finished all the 2016 pile, and completed 320 from the beginning of the year - received on or after January 1st, 2018.

So interview notices go out sometime by the end of August and they get scheduled for the end of September. For easy math, let's say October 1st, 2018. That's 10 months to get to those applications filed on or after January 1st, 2018.
                That is consistent with the previous processing time published for Charlotte, NC.
                10 months (50% of cases) to 18 months (93% of the cases)
                8.5 months (50% of cases) to 17 months (93% of cases) *most recent processing time, most recent quarter.

You can do the same math based on your PD and estimate when they will get to your AOS petition. Hope this helps.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here you go!

I color coded it for you. It's easier to figure out intuitively processing times if you color code it. Ok, so here it goes:

- January 1st, 2017 2,320 pending AOS from 2016.
                  - Remember that applications are processed in the order they are received. That means that applications received on or after January 1st, 2018, will only be adjudicated/processed to completion AFTER the 2,320 applications that are pending from 2016 are completed.
                  - So you will subtract "approved + denied" applications FROM "pending applications"
                  - Follow the colors. Pending yellow - (approved yellow + denied yellow).
                  - You do that with every color until you get a negative number. The negative number tells you that you have finished all applications from 2016 AND now you are making a dent on applications received on or after January 1st, 2018.

2,320 -(603 + 93) = 1,624 01/01/17 - 03/31/17
                  1,624 -(620 + 80) = 924 04/01/17 - 06/30/17
                  924 -(1188 + 56) = -320 07/01/17 - 09/30/17 *sometime by the end of August they finished all the 2016 pile, and completed 320 from the beginning of the year - received on or after January 1st, 2018.

So interview notices go out sometime by the end of August and they get scheduled for the end of September. For easy math, let's say October 1st, 2018. That's 10 months to get to those applications filed on or after January 1st, 2018.
                  That is consistent with the previous processing time published for Charlotte, NC.
                  10 months (50% of cases) to 18 months (93% of the cases)
                  8.5 months (50% of cases) to 17 months (93% of cases) *most recent processing time, most recent quarter.

You can do the same math based on your PD and estimate when they will get to your AOS petition. Hope this helps.
                  You are the best and so knowledgeable!!!! I'm going to look for NY and see if i'll be a grandmother before my husband gets his greencard. lol
                  3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                  4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                  4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                  4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                  7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                  8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                  8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                  8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Shae View Post
                    You are the best and so knowledgeable!!!! I'm going to look for NY and see if i'll be a grandmother before my husband gets his greencard. lol
                    Using your calculations, i see why NYC has an almost 2yr wait list.....smh. Let me call to see if they are hiring

Field office NYC

Comment

• Great math. Using FIFO makes sense. Is there anywhere that posts the data that says the 2320 cases were all at the field office at the time, and passed NBC/service centres or is it simply the # of applications with charlotte postal codes?

It seems most easy cases like your own take 2months now to get to ?ready to schedule interview?. So wonder if that used to be also a 6-10 month wait to keep the workflow steady. Not sure...

Comment

LOL that's so funny. Glad to be of assistance. Which NY office though? The equation to figure out the processing is a headache. This way you can intuitively estimate when they will get to your case. Something else to consider is that within that huge backlog, you also have applications that are abandoned and they stay there until they get purged. So that helps explain the ridiculous time frame for the top number in the range. (completion of 93% of cases).
                        Some people got the employment based glitch. I haven't read of more people getting it. It seems like that lucky raffle is over.

Waiting sucks but for me at least, it helps me get rid of the frustration if I understand WHY I am waiting. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
                          Great math. Using FIFO makes sense. Is there anywhere that posts the data that says the 2320 cases were all at the field office at the time, and passed NBC/service centres or is it simply the # of applications with charlotte postal codes?

It seems most easy cases like your own take 2months now to get to ?ready to schedule interview?. So wonder if that used to be also a 6-10 month wait to keep the workflow steady. Not sure...
                          I would think those 2,320 pending cases are still the NBC - at the Case is ready to be scheduled for interview- stage. It's hard to say. I was able to confirm with a Level 2 officer that your physical file stays at the NBC until your interview is scheduled. That makes sense to me, because it would get rather messy otherwise, if you move.

Comment

I would think those 2,320 pending cases are still the NBC - at the Case is ready to be scheduled for interview- stage. It's hard to say. I was able to confirm with a Level 2 officer that your physical file stays at the NBC until your interview is scheduled. That makes sense to me, because it would get rather messy otherwise, if you move.
                            Thanks, very helpful.

Comment

LOL that's so funny. Glad to be of assistance. Which NY office though? The equation to figure out the processing is a headache. This way you can intuitively estimate when they will get to your case. Something else to consider is that within that huge backlog, you also have applications that are abandoned and they stay there until they get purged. So that helps explain the ridiculous time frame for the top number in the range. (completion of 93% of cases).
                              Some people got the employment based glitch. I haven't read of more people getting it. It seems like that lucky raffle is over.

Waiting sucks but for me at least, it helps me get rid of the frustration if I understand WHY I am waiting. Hope this helps.
                              I'm in the New York City office......yup, the one with over 17k pending applications :faint:

Field office NYC

Comment

I'm in the New York City office......yup, the one with over 17k pending applications :faint:
                                That does not necessarily mean that NY, NY is your field office. You can find out by entering your zip code here. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices I looked at the service area and the NY, NY field office serves places like Wallkill, NY. zip 12589

Here's the data for that office. I used different shades of the same color to illustrate that they're still working on applications from the last quarter of 2016 - that were pending on 12/31/16.

Is it for sure NY, NY?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
                                Thanks, very helpful.
                                Ours got to the interview ready stage within 39 days. It would have been faster, had my husband agreed to do a walk-in for the biometrics. I know of a case in Minneapolis that got to the interview ready stage within 29 days. Filed in early October 2017. They're still patiently waiting for the interview.

You might get lucky. Don't despair. It's worth double checking your zip code. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices
                                Attached Files

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X