Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    Here you go!

I color coded it for you. It's easier to figure out intuitively processing times if you color code it. Ok, so here it goes:

- January 1st, 2017 2,320 pending AOS from 2016.
    - Remember that applications are processed in the order they are received. That means that applications received on or after January 1st, 2018, will only be adjudicated/processed to completion AFTER the 2,320 applications that are pending from 2016 are completed.
    - So you will subtract "approved + denied" applications FROM "pending applications"
    - Follow the colors. Pending yellow - (approved yellow + denied yellow).
    - You do that with every color until you get a negative number. The negative number tells you that you have finished all applications from 2016 AND now you are making a dent on applications received on or after January 1st, 2018.

2,320 -(603 + 93) = 1,624 01/01/17 - 03/31/17
    1,624 -(620 + 80) = 924 04/01/17 - 06/30/17
    924 -(1188 + 56) = -320 07/01/17 - 09/30/17 *sometime by the end of August they finished all the 2016 pile, and completed 320 from the beginning of the year - received on or after January 1st, 2018.

So interview notices go out sometime by the end of August and they get scheduled for the end of September. For easy math, let's say October 1st, 2018. That's 10 months to get to those applications filed on or after January 1st, 2018.
    That is consistent with the previous processing time published for Charlotte, NC.
    10 months (50% of cases) to 18 months (93% of the cases)
    8.5 months (50% of cases) to 17 months (93% of cases) *most recent processing time, most recent quarter.

You can do the same math based on your PD and estimate when they will get to your AOS petition. Hope this helps.
    That helped a lot! Thank you for your time doing that for all of us. I really appreciated 😊
    NC- Charlotte Field Office
    C9 concurrent filing
    04/10/2018 - Priority date.
    04/18- 3 Email/Text not
    04/23- NOA letters - by mail.
    04/26 - Bio Notice for 05/09.
    05/09 - Bio completed
    08/13 - RFIE Received
    08/31 - RFIE mailed
    09/04- RFIE response was received
    10/18 - Case is ready to be schedule
    10/22 - Interview was Scheduled
    11/26 - Inteview
    11/30 - Approval letters
    12/01 - Card was mailed
    12/06/2018 - 10 years Green Card received

Comment

• Originally posted by uscitizenfilingforspouse View Post
      that does not necessarily mean that ny, ny is your field office. You can find out by entering your zip code here. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices i looked at the service area and the ny, ny field office serves places like wallkill, ny. Zip 12589

here's the data for that office. I used different shades of the same color to illustrate that they're still working on applications from the last quarter of 2016 - that were pending on 12/31/16.

Is it for ny, ny

- - - updated - - -

[/url]
      yes, its for ny, ny
      3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
      4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
      4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
      4/27/18 - biometrics complete
      7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
      8/10/18 - EAD in Production
      8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
      8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        That does not necessarily mean that NY, NY is your field office. You can find out by entering your zip code here. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices I looked at the service area and the NY, NY field office serves places like Wallkill, NY. zip 12589

Here's the data for that office. I used different shades of the same color to illustrate that they're still working on applications from the last quarter of 2016 - that were pending on 12/31/16.

Is it for sure NY, NY?

- - - Updated - - -

Ours got to the interview ready stage within 39 days. It would have been faster, had my husband agreed to do a walk-in for the biometrics. I know of a case in Minneapolis that got to the interview ready stage within 29 days. Filed in early October 2017. They're still patiently waiting for the interview.

You might get lucky. Don't despair. It's worth double checking your zip code. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices
        Some luck would be nice for sure. I have the user defined error since April 18th. They say it should at schedule interview phase, but its a California office with a lot of cases. Mine was feb20 PD to Apr18 error started, so guessing 57 days it took.

Hopefully your move gets your process sped up and interview scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shae View Post
          yes, its for ny, ny
          DANG. You should know that the NYC office has historically always stepped up to the plate. Before DACA first kicked in, the NYC office was cranking out green cards within 90 days in order to prepare for the increased workload.
          If you don't have your combo card yet, then find a job - ANY JOB. Then you can get your combo card expedited.
          I would probably rent a small studio in a faster jurisdiction and make that my permanent address. BUT that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
          Some luck would be nice for sure. I have the user defined error since April 18th. They say it should at schedule interview phase, but its a California office with a lot of cases. Mine was feb20 PD to Apr18 error started, so guessing 57 days it took.

Hopefully your move gets your process sped up and interview scheduled.
          Yes, that user defined error seems to be the marker right before the interview gets scheduled. So you might just get it.

We are hopeful moving will do the trick. For now, we are waiting for the wheels to start turning. Others have made a change of address. Once confirmed, they got their interview notice status update within days. WE SHALL SEE!

If you don't have your combo card yet, then try finding a job - ANY JOB. Then get your combo card expedited. - Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ALMThere View Post
          That helped a lot! Thank you for your time doing that for all of us. I really appreciated 😊
          You're welcome! Glad to be of assistance.

Comment

• Interview Scheduled

Super excited to share this one with you all: I just got an e-mail saying my interview was scheduled.
            Will share with you when I know the date, timeline as follows:

April 20: Documents mailed in
            April 23: Documents received by USCIS
            May 4: Notice date
            May 11: 4 NOA's received in mail
            May 18: Fingerprint appointment received (June 1) @Detroit office
            June 1: Fingerprints taken at Detroit
            June 7: received text and email saying my case is ready to be scheduled for interview.
            June 12: received e-mail saying an interview was scheduled, online case updated as well.
            Cleveland Field Office
            4/20: Documents mailed
            5/11: 4 NOA's
            6/1: Fingerprints at Detroit FO
            6/7: case is ready to be scheduled for interview.
            6/18: notice for interview
            7/18: interview complete. Case recommended for approval
            8/1: received text messages and emails stating production of card has been ordered (i485) (eGOV and DHS)
            8/2: approval for i130 and i485
            8/8: received approval letters + text messages card underway
            8/9: GC in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by BeToledo View Post
              Super excited to share this one with you all: I just got an e-mail saying my interview was scheduled.

June 7: received text and email saying my case is ready to be scheduled for interview.
              June 12: received e-mail saying an interview was scheduled, online case updated as well.
              That's crazy fast! Congratulations! Take a moment to review the info on this link https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...iew-tips/page3

Comment

well damn. Who do you know??? LOL
                3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

Wow, that is great news! Congrats!
                  Marriage based AOS:Concurrent Filing
                  Field Office: San Antonio,TX
                  04/09/18: PD
                  04/18: Checks cashed
                  04/30: Biometrics complete
                  05/03: RFIE Mailed
                  06/24: "Fingerprint review completed"
                  10/06: SR
                  10/10: Contacted Congressman
                  11/01: RFIE received (egov update)
                  11/08: "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
                  11/26: EAD is being produced
                  11/30: EAD mailed
                  12/03: SS in hand
                  12/06: EAD in hand
                  11/29: Interview scheduled
                  01/03/19: Interview date (approved on the spot)

Comment

• So decided to file an SR since user-defined error wont go away. I try best to not annoy USCIS, but think once a month they can push some buttons. They confirmed, ?case is queued to be scheduled for an interview?, ?case is still in processing times?.

May try congressmen this week, for an EAD expedite.

Comment

• No more expedites with just a job offer anymore. Guess it is totally free for all now, anyone finds a way they close it later.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
                        No more expedites with just a job offer anymore. Guess it is totally free for all now, anyone finds a way they close it later.
                        You mean are you not allowing people to request expedite with a job offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
                          You mean are you not allowing people to request expedite with a job offer?
                          Pretty much correct...you need a story for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
                            Pretty much correct...you need a story for sure.
                            Wow... what a bummer!

Comment

• Hi !!!! hope everybody is hanging in there

so, its been 65 days, my i485 status says "fingerprint fee was received" and the other 3 cases says " case was received", I did my bio-metrics on May 1st , no update since then. my field office is Hartford, is the timeline normal ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hartfordfiler View Post
                                so, its been 65 days, my i485 status says "fingerprint fee was received" and the other 3 cases says " case was received", I did my bio-metrics on May 1st , no update since then. my field office is Hartford, is the timeline normal ?
                                All of my cases remained on that first "case received/fingerprint fee received" for a long time. In fact, my I-130 and I-765 have no updates besides that. I did my biometrics on May 11th and the only further notification I received was when my interview was scheduled, I didn't receive any notifications about them having received or reviewed my biometrics, nor did I even get that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, they just scheduled me and notified me on June 4th.

I would say your timeline isn't really out of the ordinary. Did you get an RFE or did you get a courtesy notice about your form I-693 (getting this subtly tells you that your I-485 isn't missing anything besides that). If you did get an RFE your timeline will be delayed, if you got the courtesy notice for form I-693 then you should assume your case is on track, you've just not received any notifications which does happen.
                                Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
                                4-12: Arrived in Chicago
                                4-14: Picked up by USCIS
                                4-19: Email & text notifications received
                                4-23: I-797 Receipts received
                                4-27: Biometrics notice received
                                5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
                                5-11: Biometrics completed
                                6-04: Interview scheduled
                                6-09: Received interview letter
                                7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
                                7-13: Card was Mailed
                                7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X