Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Fellas!

New updates:
    -I-765 "Card was mailed to me" online status - I wonder how I can get the USPS tracking#?
    -I-485: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview - how to check MN office interview scheduling dates? so I can estimate when my interview is coming.
    Minneapolis, MN
    4/2/18: USCIS received package. PD 4/2/18
    4/16/18: Received NOA in the mail
    4/27/18: Bio appointment received in the mail
    4/27/18: Courtesy letter
    5/08/18: Bio done
    5/15/18: "Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It" (it was a change of address notice)
    8/07/18: I-765 - New Card Is Being Produced
    8/10/18: I-765 - Card Was Mailed To Me
    8/08/18: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
    8/14/18: Combo card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by abe83 View Post
      Hello Fellas!

New updates:
      -I-765 "Card was mailed to me" online status - I wonder how I can get the USPS tracking#?
      -I-485: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview - how to check MN office interview scheduling dates? so I can estimate when my interview is coming.
      I got the tracking number from USPS last Friday at 17:22. You just have to make sure that you have USPS informed delivery. To be clear, you have to sign up for it in your name. Then turn on notifications.

If you google this in quotations "Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers", you will find that page on vi$@ j0urney. I keep a list of priority dates and interview dates of folks with a case pending at the MSP field office. It's hard to find a true pattern. Not everyone fills out their timeline or won't post their interview date. But in any case, it should give you an idea. What we do know is that k-1 AOS cases move faster at this field office. k-1 cases tend to be done in blocks of several months worth of PD's at a time. Say PDs from May to Sept 2017, are interviewed in July 2018. Overstays, etc, move a bit slower.

This was posted yesterday.
      **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *
      Member name: SandiumH
      Minneapolis Interview Experience
      Hello everybody, I've been reading this blog and following the threads but, I would like to know if somebody has had an interview in the Minneapolis office. My I-485 is marriage based to a USC and my timeline pretty much goes like this:
      August 5 sent paperwork
      PD 08.08.17
      Biometrics taken 09.05.17
      RFE received 09.05.17
      Sent additional documentation 09.21.17 (date they received it)
      EAD received 11.06.17
      Interview set for 08.23.18 at Minneapolis
      We moved to Tampa on 04.01.18 and sent the notice but apparently they didn't process it correctly. It shows received in my cases status, but still got interview in MN. Which is ok.

Has anybody had their interview at that field office? how was the experience? I've read that couples are separated, which I don't fret about it, but my husband is a bit forgetful sometimes (I'm more the OCD type.. I almost got everything ready, except for a couple documents I need from him).

We met in Agust 2016, moved in together by October, he proposed in November and we got married in December. I came into the us in July on a tourist visa.
      Any input? I'm a bit stressed because i know how important this is for both us...

Than kyou all!
      **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        I got the tracking number from USPS last Friday at 17:22. You just have to make sure that you have USPS informed delivery. To be clear, you have to sign up for it in your name. Then turn on notifications.

If you google this in quotations "Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers", you will find that page on vi$@ j0urney. I keep a list of priority dates and interview dates of folks with a case pending at the MSP field office. It's hard to find a true pattern. Not everyone fills out their timeline or won't post their interview date. But in any case, it should give you an idea. What we do know is that k-1 AOS cases move faster at this field office. k-1 cases tend to be done in blocks of several months worth of PD's at a time. Say PDs from May to Sept 2017, are interviewed in July 2018. Overstays, etc, move a bit slower.

This was posted yesterday.
        Member name: SandiumH
        Minneapolis Interview Experience
        Hello everybody, I've been reading this blog and following the threads but, I would like to know if somebody has had an interview in the Minneapolis office. My I-485 is marriage based to a USC and my timeline pretty much goes like this:
        August 5 sent paperwork
        PD 08.08.17
        Biometrics taken 09.05.17
        RFE received 09.05.17
        Sent additional documentation 09.21.17 (date they received it)
        EAD received 11.06.17
        Interview set for 08.23.18 at Minneapolis
        We moved to Tampa on 04.01.18 and sent the notice but apparently they didn't process it correctly. It shows received in my cases status, but still got interview in MN. Which is ok.

Has anybody had their interview at that field office? how was the experience? I've read that couples are separated, which I don't fret about it, but my husband is a bit forgetful sometimes (I'm more the OCD type.. I almost got everything ready, except for a couple documents I need from him).

We met in Agust 2016, moved in together by October, he proposed in November and we got married in December. I came into the us in July on a tourist visa.
        Any input? I'm a bit stressed because i know how important this is for both us...

Than kyou all!
        Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I didn?t sign up for the informed delivery. Will that affect the delivery of my EAD if no ones home by the time it will be delivered? Also, I wish my interview comes after my second wedding anniversary to get the 10ys GC which is in 9 months from now. Again thanks much. Minnesotans cases are moving faster now a days. and good luck to you and your spouse : )
        Minneapolis, MN
        4/2/18: USCIS received package. PD 4/2/18
        4/16/18: Received NOA in the mail
        4/27/18: Bio appointment received in the mail
        4/27/18: Courtesy letter
        5/08/18: Bio done
        5/15/18: "Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It" (it was a change of address notice)
        8/07/18: I-765 - New Card Is Being Produced
        8/10/18: I-765 - Card Was Mailed To Me
        8/08/18: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
        8/14/18: Combo card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by abe83 View Post
          Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I didn?t sign up for the informed delivery. Will that affect the delivery of my EAD if no ones home by the time it will be delivered? Also, I wish my interview comes after my second wedding anniversary to get the 10ys GC which is in 9 months from now. Again thanks much. Minnesotans cases are moving faster now a days. and good luck to you and your spouse : )
          Informed delivery is free. You can always go to your post office and tell them to hold any priority mail for you. They will. You will just have to sign a form, etc.
          Your interview will probably happen around the 2 year mark. We are hoping the same for ours.

Comment

• GC in hand

Good morning everyone,

I have received the green card!
            Timeline is in signature, but in less than 4 months from filing to having the physical card seems like a nice timeline!
            Same sex couple, as it has come up a few times on the forum lately.

One thing to note is that between filing and the interview we got approved for a mortgage and closed on a house!
            We showed the officer the deed and she was excited for us and informed us we needed to update our address
            (we hadn't moved yet and I was aware because I've done that before).
            My approval notices came to the new house as did my GC! I'm assuming she did it for us,
            but I'll make sure to call them as I have actually moved now and am still in the 10 day period.
            Cleveland Field Office
            4/20: Documents mailed
            5/11: 4 NOA's
            6/1: Fingerprints at Detroit FO
            6/7: case is ready to be scheduled for interview.
            6/18: notice for interview
            7/18: interview complete. Case recommended for approval
            8/1: received text messages and emails stating production of card has been ordered (i485) (eGOV and DHS)
            8/2: approval for i130 and i485
            8/8: received approval letters + text messages card underway
            8/9: GC in hand

Comment

• EAD in the mail...

Status update. See my timeline below.
              As of 08/13/18 EGOV site has changed my status to "Card Was Mailed to Me".
              USPS can't verify my identity online so I can't track the delivery (I have meetings all day so I can't stop by the post office to do an in-person).
              Fingers crossed. I hope to share some happy updates with Y'all soon.
              AOS (C9) EB2
              Dates = '18, less PD
              03/16: I-140 approved
              PD: 05/05/17
              04/27: I-131/485/765 (NOA1)
              05/23: Biometrics completed
              06/20: RFE (I-485 - Supp J)
              07/30: Resp. to RFE
              08/01: Case no longer on hold
              08/08: I-765: Card Produced
              08/09: I-765 and I-131 Approved
              08/13: EAD sent
              08/15: EAD at attorney's
              08/17: Interview Scheduled
              08/20: EAD in hand
              09/27: AOS interview done
              10/16: New card produced
              10/17: I-485 Case Approved
              10/19: Card mailed to me
              11/09: Greencard in hand!

Comment

• Originally posted by ihavenoidea View Post
                Status update. See my timeline below.
                As of 08/13/18 EGOV site has changed my status to "Card Was Mailed to Me".
                USPS can't verify my identity online so I can't track the delivery (I have meetings all day so I can't stop by the post office to do an in-person).
                Fingers crossed. I hope to share some happy updates with Y'all soon.
                just be glad you're not living in Garland or Plano TX right now, there was a mercury spill at the Coppell USPS facility so all mail has been placed on an indefinite hold. I'm waiting for my new DL myself, but at least yours will be delivered!
                This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

• Originally posted by BeToledo View Post
                  Good morning everyone,

I have received the green card!
                  Timeline is in signature, but in less than 4 months from filing to having the physical card seems like a nice timeline!
                  Same sex couple, as it has come up a few times on the forum lately.

One thing to note is that between filing and the interview we got approved for a mortgage and closed on a house!
                  We showed the officer the deed and she was excited for us and informed us we needed to update our address
                  (we hadn't moved yet and I was aware because I've done that before).
                  My approval notices came to the new house as did my GC! I'm assuming she did it for us,
                  but I'll make sure to call them as I have actually moved now and am still in the 10 day period.
                  Congrats! That was certainly fast.

Comment

• Birth Certificate RFI

Originally posted by ItsCW28 View Post
                    I went to the location that was on my biometrics appointment letter. I went right when they opened at 8am. When I walked up they realized I was 9 days early and said I had to wait until they check in all the 8am appointments. He told me to have a seat and that they'd call me when they're ready. After about 30 minutes he told all walk-ins to come to the desk. In total I was there for about 40 min.
                    What was the RFI received for Birth Certificate. I have filed I 485 for parents and submitted School Leaving Certificate in place of Birth Certificate. I hope that is acceptable.
                    Application was submitted in April 2018 and Biometrics done in May 2018. So far no RFE or interview invitation received.

Comment

• Originally posted by pawarpankaj View Post
                      What was the RFI received for Birth Certificate. I have filed I 485 for parents and submitted School Leaving Certificate in place of Birth Certificate. I hope that is acceptable.
                      Application was submitted in April 2018 and Biometrics done in May 2018. So far no RFE or interview invitation received.
                      They claimed I didn?t send in my birth certificate at all when I definitely did. So that was the frustrating part. I?m glad you haven?t received an RFIE. Hopefully you?re in the clear!
                      Marriage based AOS:Concurrent Filing
                      Field Office: San Antonio,TX
                      04/09/18: PD
                      04/18: Checks cashed
                      04/30: Biometrics complete
                      05/03: RFIE Mailed
                      06/24: "Fingerprint review completed"
                      10/06: SR
                      10/10: Contacted Congressman
                      11/01: RFIE received (egov update)
                      11/08: "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
                      11/26: EAD is being produced
                      11/30: EAD mailed
                      12/03: SS in hand
                      12/06: EAD in hand
                      11/29: Interview scheduled
                      01/03/19: Interview date (approved on the spot)

Comment

• I still have no updates regarding my case. Called to USCIS and level 1 representative told me, that background check cleared and my case now is back and force between the NVC and local office (Minneapolis). Did anyone have the same experience? What does it mean? I still not have any updates on the website. The latest update, that they received fingerprint fees on 4/27/18 - that is all... No EAD, no AP yet.

Marriage based AOS, B2, i485, i130, i131 and i765, no lawyer
                        Local office Minneapolis
                        April 21 - Mailed to Chicago
                        April 27 - Check cashed - PD
                        April 30 - Received 4 emails from USCIS with receipt numbers
                        May 5 - Received 4 NOA-1
                        May 11 - Biometrics scheduled for 5/23/18
                        May 23 - Biometrics completed
                        May 23 - Courtesy Letter Biometrics
                        July 20 - USCIS Rep level 1 said background check completed
                        Last edited by Goodly; 08-15-2018, 09:59 PM.
                        Local office Minneapolis
                        May 5 - Received 4 NOA-1

Comment

• Update : EAD card being produced on day 134.
                          Last edited by lts63; 08-17-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• New Card Is Being Produced

Yesterday my case status for EAD is changed to
                            New Card Is Being Produced

I am from Los Angeles and my NOA is April 9.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Oh Geez

So close, yet so far. Because my paperwork was filed through an attorney, everything goes to the law firm first.
                              They just FedExed my EAD this afternoon, after having had it since Wednesday. It's supposed to arrive on Monday. Geez. More waiting...
                              AOS (C9) EB2
                              Dates = '18, less PD
                              03/16: I-140 approved
                              PD: 05/05/17
                              04/27: I-131/485/765 (NOA1)
                              05/23: Biometrics completed
                              06/20: RFE (I-485 - Supp J)
                              07/30: Resp. to RFE
                              08/01: Case no longer on hold
                              08/08: I-765: Card Produced
                              08/09: I-765 and I-131 Approved
                              08/13: EAD sent
                              08/15: EAD at attorney's
                              08/17: Interview Scheduled
                              08/20: EAD in hand
                              09/27: AOS interview done
                              10/16: New card produced
                              10/17: I-485 Case Approved
                              10/19: Card mailed to me
                              11/09: Greencard in hand!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goodly View Post
                                I still have no updates regarding my case. Called to USCIS and level 1 representative told me, that background check cleared and my case now is back and force between the NVC and local office (Minneapolis). Did anyone have the same experience? What does it mean? I still not have any updates on the website. The latest update, that they received fingerprint fees on 4/27/18 - that is all... No EAD, no AP yet.

Local office Minneapolis
                                May 5 - Received 4 NOA-1
                                Fellow Minnesotan! You're in for the long haul. The Minneapolis Field Office is just now interviewing people who filed in 08-2017. There are still people who filed earlier than (March, April, May, June, July) who have not been interviewed yet. Patience is key with the Minneapolis Field Office. The hope for most is that they'll reach their 2nd year of marriage by the their interview is scheduled. If you already have your EAD/AP, just go on with your life, and periodically check on your case.

All the best,

USCFFS

PS: By the way, it would be great if you add your timeline to your signature. It just helps others answer your questions. If you go to settings, you will see "edit signature" on the left hand side of the screen.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X