No announcement yet.

April 2018 Fillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I was checking my informed delivery from USPS and I seen a couple of envelopes from homeland security. One of the envelopes under my wifes name and address I could read " We have approved your application for employment and advanced Parole". I couldn't read the rest of it because the envelope was blocking the text. I check my online accounts daily for updates and nothing has changed. Is this out of the ordinary or does this happen a lot. Did I do something wrong when I set up the account?
    4-18-18 PD
    4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
    9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
    10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
    10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
    10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
    11-13-18 Interview
    11-13-18 New card being produced
    11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
    11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

• Originally posted by bobm445 View Post
      Today I was checking my informed delivery from USPS and I seen a couple of envelopes from homeland security. One of the envelopes under my wifes name and address I could read " We have approved your application for employment and advanced Parole". I couldn't read the rest of it because the envelope was blocking the text. I check my online accounts daily for updates and nothing has changed. Is this out of the ordinary or does this happen a lot. Did I do something wrong when I set up the account?
      Every update you get is entered manually by an adjudicator at the NBC. Their system is very manual. Now, it's possible they're not entering all the updates and just getting their work done. Maybe that's why the processing time is now 4 to 6 months. A few weeks ago, it was 5 to 7 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihavenoidea View Post
        Made it through my AOS (EB2-ROW) interview. There were no issues.
        The interview went smoothly.

In the waiting room.
        1. It's like a conveyor belt.
        2. After security. You leave your Notice with the front desk (can't be earlier than 40 minutes -- at my site)
        3. You'll sit and wait for your name to be called
        4. Adjudication Officers (AO) enter the waiting room and call for your name. They're already expecting you, i.e. your AO is assigned waaaaay in advance.

In the interview room:
        1. AO verified my ID: Showed my Driver's License, EAD, and Passport
        2. AO asked me to take an oath
        3. AO asked me to sign a document to say I was present without an attorney and was fine with it.
        4. AO took a photograph, and fingerprints from both index fingers
        5. AO asked for a copy of my employment letter and recent paystubs
        6. AO asked whether I'm still employed with my current employer and will continue to stay employed
        7. AO then went over my I-485, specifically question that would signal inadmissibility: Remember, these questions were already answered in the initial submission. The AO was just making sure and was seeking clarification. No problems there.
        8. AO checked to make sure my medicals were current. Paperwork got to USCIS in March, 2018. I had my medical in October, 2017 -- STILL current PHEW~!!
        9. AO was satisfied with my responses.
        10. AO said that my case OK, and my status is E26.
        11. I should have my Green card within 6 to 8 weeks. Or possibly within one month.

The AO was supportive and professional. He also answered my questions about how my name would appear on the greencard.

I can see why things are moving slow.
        1. ORIGINAL paper files are sent to the local USCIS office from wherever they were first sent (NBC, TSC, etc).
        2. AO needs to review them at the local office.
        3. AO reviews them again before the interview - "I was looking over your files yesterday"
        4. There were stacks and stacks of paper folders behind the AO.

Will update again when GC is in hand. All the best to you who are waiting

Congrats!
        Did he asked any questions about your job? li
        Note:- Not a legal opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by JosephTheDreamer View Post
          Congrats!
          Did he asked any questions about your job? li
          Nope. He read over my letter of employment (has all the details) and double checked my paystubs.
          AOS (C9) EB2
          Dates = '18, less PD
          03/16: I-140 approved
          PD: 05/05/17
          04/27: I-131/485/765 (NOA1)
          05/23: Biometrics completed
          06/20: RFE (I-485 - Supp J)
          07/30: Resp. to RFE
          08/01: Case no longer on hold
          08/08: I-765: Card Produced
          08/09: I-765 and I-131 Approved
          08/13: EAD sent
          08/15: EAD at attorney's
          08/17: Interview Scheduled
          08/20: EAD in hand
          09/27: AOS interview done
          10/16: New card produced
          10/17: I-485 Case Approved
          10/19: Card mailed to me
          11/09: Greencard in hand!

Comment

• Boston AOS Experience (VIA K1 Visa)

Hi Everyone! I am an April 2018 filer and wanted to share my AOS experience. I've been combing through this site especially in the last week while I've been waiting for my GC to see other people's timelines and dates and experiences. I wanted to include my experience and timeline, and some advice, as a way to pay it forward for all everyone's help

My Timeline:

Marriage based AOS via K1 Visa - Boston FO
            4/23/2018 - PD (concurrent filing of I-485, I-765)
            4/28/2018 - Received NOA for Both Cases
            5/4/2018 - Received Notice of Biometrics Date
            5/17 - Biometrics Appointment
            8/13 - AOS Case Ready to be Schedule for Interview
            8/22 - AOS Interview Scheduled
            8/27 - AOS Notice of Interview Date Received in Mail (for 9/26)
            9/05 - EAD Card in Production & Date NOA for EAD was mailed
            9/07 - EAD Card Mailed from Missouri
            9/10 - EAD Card picked up by USPS from Missouri with Tracking # provided
            9/12 - EAD Card Delivery Date
            9/12 - SSN Delivery In hand
            9/26 - Interview and Recommended for Approval on the Spot. i485 Status Changed to "Card In Production"
            9/28 - Update to "Green Card Mailed to Me"'
            9/29 - GC NOA Received
            10/1 - Update to "USPS Picked Up Card", Tracking # Provided
            10/3 - Green Card in Hand!

Change of Address
            If you move while your case is pending, USCIS asks that you update your mailing address within 10 days of your move. My husband and I moved to our new home on 09/01, so I updated my address on USCIS site on 09/03, and set up mail forwarding with USPS prior to moving as well. USCIS can take weeks to acknowledge your change of address, which caused big problems for me receiving my EAD card.

Below is my timeline for EAD:
            9/03 - Submitted Change of Address Form Online
            9/07 - EAD Card Mailed from MO & SS Card Mailed
            9/10 - EAD Card picked up by USPS from MO with Tracking # provided
            9/12 - EAD Card Scheduled Delivery Date - Did Not Arrive
            9/14 - Change of Address Confirmed with USCIS
            9/19 - Finally Spoke to Someone at USPS who confirmed that my card had been returned to sender in MO, as the USPS does not forward government issued mail . Called NBC in MO and advised them that EAD card being sent back to them, told me to call back when tracking showed it had arrived in MO
            9/25 - EAD card arrived back to USCIS NBC in MO (confirmed by USPS tracking & on egov site). Called to file a request to have my EAD resent to new address, and was told my case would be looked at in 15-30 days for processing. Could take 30-90 days to receive it back.

I changed my address on the USCIS site 2 days before my EAD card was put into production, and had never received any update on my card before so I had no idea that it was approved and ready to be sent to me at the time of my address change. I also did not know that USPS cannot forward government issued mail. Important to keep in mind. I should have received it on 9/12, and I still don't have it. Thankfully my AOS interview was last week and I received my GC in hand today, or else I would be worried about when I would be receiving the EAD card back. Important to keep in mind if you really need to work and you have no update on what your I-485 status is. Overall if you move while your application is pending, it's kind of a pain in the butt because you have half your documents from the beginning that say one address, and the other documents after you move say another thing. Just be sure to bring many many pieces of proof of your new address to the AOS interview so you cover your bases.

Interview
            My interview was on 09/26 in Boston, and I arrived and provided my Interview Notice form. IO called us in 5 minutes before the scheduled interview. She took both my husband (USC) and I in to her office, and was professional and friendly. We provided photo identification, and she took my photo and fingerprinted me. She went through the I-485 form that I had submitted in April, and ran through all the yes/no questions. We changed the address on the i485 form as well to our new address. She asked if we had any other evidence we'd like to submit and I provided photographs from our relationship throughout the years (including with each other's friends and family), our lease for our new apartment, signed contract for our wedding venue and date, signed contract for our wedding photographer, our car insurance that has our new address and both of our names on it, health insurance with both of our names on it, and printouts of plane and cruise tickets that we had been on together. For photographs, I took screenshots of pictures on ******** that have the time and date stamp on it, and she commented on how she thought that was a good idea to show the date/year. She asked how we met and when. She asked me why we decided to live in the US. She mentioned how she needed one more piece of evidence that showed our new address that had both of our names on it, however I provided my printout for my change of address that I had submitted to USCIS earlier this month with confirmation number and saying that we had just moved so we are still changing things over. She seemed satisfied after we provided the confirmation number for the address change, and she also seemed understanding when we mentioned how I still haven't received my EAD card so I was having trouble opening a bank account and getting a US driver's license. I also showed her my SS card showing that it was not valid without the EAD card. I had 2 pieces of proof of our shared address (car insurance and lease), however in hindsight I would have brought several more as I very nearly didn't get approved and would have received a RFE had I not provided my change of address confirmation and had the IO not been accommodating and understanding. It's not worth leaving it up to chance. At the end she congratulated me and said that she was going to recommend for approval. About 20 minutes after we left the interview, the status of my case was changed to "Card In Production". 1 week later, I received my GC in hand!

Keep in mind that because I entered into the US on a k1 Visa, I had already filed several rounds of paperwork, medical exam, and was interviewed at the US consulate in Montreal prior to entering the USA. My interview was likely more relaxed and straightforward since I had already been pretty vetted by USCIS, so keep that in mind when you're reading through my experience and comparing it with yours.

Case Tracking System
            The tracking system that worked for me the best and seemed to update the fastest was https://egov.uscis.gov. I created an account and added both of the receipt numbers that I had so I could track them simultaneously. I could also see the dates and history of everything that happened with each of my cases, so I would highly recommend that. I signed up for email and text notifications as well, and I noticed that text notifications seemed to deliver about 10-15 minutes faster for me. I have heard of some people using https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/, but for me that one didn't work so great and my status is still showing as interview is scheduled lol.

Also note that I never got any status updates on my USCIS account that my cases were approved. It went from "interview scheduled" to "card in production" and then eventually mailed out. I was receiving mail from the NBC, so I'm thinking maybe different offices have a different process. I remember feeling nervous after my interview that it must not be approved fully yet because I never received a status update on my account, even though it showed as GC card in production. I relaxed when I saw that the card had been mailed and then I received the NOA for the GC in the mail.

This process has taken about 1.5 years from when I applied for my k1 visa until now, and I am thrilled that it's done (for the time being, I know I'll have to remove conditions). Feel free to reach out with any questions and hang in there everyone! I know the wait is gruelling but the GC will come
            Last edited by kkells; 10-03-2018, 10:51 PM.
            Marriage based AOS via K1 - Boston
            4/23/2018 - PD for I-485, I-765
            8/13 - AOS Ready to be Schedule for Interview
            9/05 - EAD Card in Production
            9/07 - EAD Card Mailed
            9/10 - EAD Card picked up by USPS (with tracking)
            9/26 - Interview & Approval on the spot. Card In Production
            9/28 - Green Card Mailed
            10/1 - GC card picked up by USPS (with tracking)
            10/3 - GC in Hand!

Comment

• Originally posted by kkells View Post
              Keep in mind that because I entered into the US on a k1 Visa, I had already filed several rounds of paperwork, medical exam, and was interviewed at the US consulate in Montreal prior to entering the USA. My interview was likely more relaxed and straightforward since I had already been pretty vetted by USCIS, so keep that in mind when you're reading through my experience and comparing it with yours.

[
              Congratulations! Thank you for the detailed account of your experience. Like you said, it's important for people to remember that you came on a k-1 visa and had been vetted before. As you know, interviews for k-1 AOS applicants used to be waived, and folks would get their green cards in the mail.

Great job preparing! You did not leave anything to chance and it paid off!

All the best,

USCFFS

PS: You are now on the Removal of conditions wagon. Remember that the evidence starts since the date of the marriage, per the I-751 instructions. This petition is adjudicated at a Service Center. They won't have your AOS evidence readily available. So even if you've sent X Y and Z, still send it.

Comment

• I went for my interview in Indianapolis field office and 3 weeks later I got notice of EAD approval and advance parole, I was expecting to get results for i485 since I did my interview and to my best of knowledge interview went well. Any one ever experience something like this before

Comment

• Anyone else waiting from April 23rd?

I filed i485, i130 and i765 on April 23 2018. I485 is ready to be scheduled for interview as of June 05, but still no word about my EAD. It?s going to be outside of normal processing time in a few days, currently at 176 days, no RFE notice or anything. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by notaman View Post
                    I filed i485, i130 and i765 on April 23 2018. I485 is ready to be scheduled for interview as of June 05, but still no word about my EAD. It?s going to be outside of normal processing time in a few days, currently at 176 days, no RFE notice or anything. Anyone have any advice? Thanks
                    I'm still waiting on my EAD also. Day 189. I did a service request over a week ago since I'm outside normal processing time. Today my request was completed so hopefully their response is sent via mail by the end of the week. I contacted my senator and congressman last week so I'm just waiting to see what happens with that as well.
                    Last edited by ItsCW28; 10-15-2018, 10:13 PM.
                    Marriage based AOS:Concurrent Filing
                    Field Office: San Antonio,TX
                    04/09/18: PD
                    04/18: Checks cashed
                    04/30: Biometrics complete
                    05/03: RFIE Mailed
                    06/24: "Fingerprint review completed"
                    10/06: SR
                    10/10: Contacted Congressman
                    11/01: RFIE received (egov update)
                    11/08: "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
                    11/26: EAD is being produced
                    11/30: EAD mailed
                    12/03: SS in hand
                    12/06: EAD in hand
                    11/29: Interview scheduled
                    01/03/19: Interview date (approved on the spot)

Comment

• Congratulations

Originally posted by ihavenoidea View Post
                      Made it through my AOS (EB2-ROW) interview. There were no issues.
                      The interview went smoothly.

In the waiting room.
                      1. It's like a conveyor belt.
                      2. After security. You leave your Notice with the front desk (can't be earlier than 40 minutes -- at my site)
                      3. You'll sit and wait for your name to be called
                      4. Adjudication Officers (AO) enter the waiting room and call for your name. They're already expecting you, i.e. your AO is assigned waaaaay in advance.

In the interview room:
                      1. AO verified my ID: Showed my Driver's License, EAD, and Passport
                      2. AO asked me to take an oath
                      3. AO asked me to sign a document to say I was present without an attorney and was fine with it.
                      4. AO took a photograph, and fingerprints from both index fingers
                      5. AO asked for a copy of my employment letter and recent paystubs
                      6. AO asked whether I'm still employed with my current employer and will continue to stay employed
                      7. AO then went over my I-485, specifically question that would signal inadmissibility: Remember, these questions were already answered in the initial submission. The AO was just making sure and was seeking clarification. No problems there.
                      8. AO checked to make sure my medicals were current. Paperwork got to USCIS in March, 2018. I had my medical in October, 2017 -- STILL current PHEW~!!
                      9. AO was satisfied with my responses.
                      10. AO said that my case OK, and my status is E26.
                      11. I should have my Green card within 6 to 8 weeks. Or possibly within one month.
                      th.

The AO was supportive and professional. He also answered my questions about how my name would appear on the greencard.

I can see why things are moving slow.
                      1. ORIGINAL paper files are sent to the local USCIS office from wherever they were first sent (NBC, TSC, etc).
                      2. AO needs to review them at the local office.
                      3. AO reviews them again before the interview - "I was looking over your files yesterday"
                      4. There were stacks and stacks of paper folders behind the AO.

Will update again when GC is in hand. All the best to you who are waiting
                      Congrats.. Must have been a roller coster ride if you are from one of the countries that have a priority date as old as 2009**

Hope you understand the situation that i'm explaining. Please share your priority date and Field Office.

Regards
                      AK

Comment

• Congrats KKells

Originally posted by kkells View Post
                        Hi Everyone! I am an April 2018 filer and wanted to share my AOS experience. I've been combing through this site especially in the last week while I've been waiting for my GC to see other people's timelines and dates and experiences. I wanted to include my experience and timeline, and some advice, as a way to pay it forward for all everyone's help

My Timeline:

Marriage based AOS via K1 Visa - Boston FO
                        4/23/2018 - PD (concurrent filing of I-485, I-765)
                        4/28/2018 - Received NOA for Both Cases
                        5/4/2018 - Received Notice of Biometrics Date
                        8/13 - AOS Case Ready to be Schedule for Interview
                        8/27 - AOS Notice of Interview Date Received in Mail (for 9/26)
                        9/07 - EAD Card Mailed from Missouri
                        9/10 - EAD Card picked up by USPS from Missouri with Tracking # provided
                        9/26 - Interview and Recommended for Approval on the Spot. i485 Status Changed to "Card In Production"
                        9/28 - Update to "Green Card Mailed to Me"'
                        9/29 - GC NOA Received
                        10/1 - Update to "USPS Picked Up Card", Tracking # Provided
                        10/3 - Green Card in Hand!

Change of Address
                        If you move while your case is pending, USCIS asks that you update your mailing address within 10 days of your move. My husband and I moved to our new home on 09/01, so I updated my address on USCIS site on 09/03, and set up mail forwarding with USPS prior to moving as well. USCIS can take weeks to acknowledge your change of address, which caused big problems for me receiving my EAD card.

Below is my timeline for EAD:
                        9/03 - Submitted Change of Address Form Online
                        9/07 - EAD Card Mailed from MO & SS Card Mailed
                        9/10 - EAD Card picked up by USPS from MO with Tracking # provided
                        9/12 - EAD Card Scheduled Delivery Date - Did Not Arrive
                        9/14 - Change of Address Confirmed with USCIS
                        9/19 - Finally Spoke to Someone at USPS who confirmed that my card had been returned to sender in MO, as the USPS does not forward government issued mail . Called NBC in MO and advised them that EAD card being sent back to them, told me to call back when tracking showed it had arrived in MO
                        9/25 - EAD card arrived back to USCIS NBC in MO (confirmed by USPS tracking & on egov site). Called to file a request to have my EAD resent to new address, and was told my case would be looked at in 15-30 days for processing. Could take 30-90 days to receive it back.

I changed my address on the USCIS site 2 days before my EAD card was put into production, and had never received any update on my card before so I had no idea that it was approved and ready to be sent to me at the time of my address change. I also did not know that USPS cannot forward government issued mail. Important to keep in mind. I should have received it on 9/12, and I still don't have it. Thankfully my AOS interview was last week and I received my GC in hand today, or else I would be worried about when I would be receiving the EAD card back. Important to keep in mind if you really need to work and you have no update on what your I-485 status is. Overall if you move while your application is pending, it's kind of a pain in the butt because you have half your documents from the beginning that say one address, and the other documents after you move say another thing. Just be sure to bring many many pieces of proof of your new address to the AOS interview so you cover your bases.

Interview
                        My interview was on 09/26 in Boston, and I arrived and provided my Interview Notice form. IO called us in 5 minutes before the scheduled interview. She took both my husband (USC) and I in to her office, and was professional and friendly. We provided photo identification, and she took my photo and fingerprinted me. She went through the I-485 form that I had submitted in April, and ran through all the yes/no questions. We changed the address on the i485 form as well to our new address. She asked if we had any other evidence we'd like to submit and I provided photographs from our relationship throughout the years (including with each other's friends and family), our lease for our new apartment, signed contract for our wedding venue and date, signed contract for our wedding photographer, our car insurance that has our new address and both of our names on it, health insurance with both of our names on it, and printouts of plane and cruise tickets that we had been on together. For photographs, I took screenshots of pictures on ******** that have the time and date stamp on it, and she commented on how she thought that was a good idea to show the date/year. She asked how we met and when. She asked me why we decided to live in the US. She mentioned how she needed one more piece of evidence that showed our new address that had both of our names on it, however I provided my printout for my change of address that I had submitted to USCIS earlier this month with confirmation number and saying that we had just moved so we are still changing things over. She seemed satisfied after we provided the confirmation number for the address change, and she also seemed understanding when we mentioned how I still haven't received my EAD card so I was having trouble opening a bank account and getting a US driver's license. I also showed her my SS card showing that it was not valid without the EAD card. I had 2 pieces of proof of our shared address (car insurance and lease), however in hindsight I would have brought several more as I very nearly didn't get approved and would have received a RFE had I not provided my change of address confirmation and had the IO not been accommodating and understanding. It's not worth leaving it up to chance. At the end she congratulated me and said that she was going to recommend for approval. About 20 minutes after we left the interview, the status of my case was changed to "Card In Production". 1 week later, I received my GC in hand!

Case Tracking System
                        The tracking system that worked for me the best and seemed to update the fastest was https://egov.uscis.gov. I created an account and added both of the receipt numbers that I had so I could track them simultaneously. I could also see the dates and history of everything that happened with each of my cases, so I would highly recommend that. I signed up for email and text notifications as well, and I noticed that text notifications seemed to deliver about 10-15 minutes faster for me. I have heard of some people using https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/, but for me that one didn't work so great and my status is still showing as interview is scheduled lol.

Also note that I never got any status updates on my USCIS account that my cases were approved. It went from "interview scheduled" to "card in production" and then eventually mailed out. I was receiving mail from the NBC, so I'm thinking maybe different offices have a different process. I remember feeling nervous after my interview that it must not be approved fully yet because I never received a status update on my account, even though it showed as GC card in production. I relaxed when I saw that the card had been mailed and then I received the NOA for the GC in the mail.

This process has taken about 1.5 years from when I applied for my k1 visa until now, and I am thrilled that it's done (for the time being, I know I'll have to remove conditions). Feel free to reach out with any questions and hang in there everyone! I know the wait is gruelling but the GC will come

Congrats .. Good read, did you ever anticipate to have the interview scheduled so soon? given the processing time at your old/New Address.
                        maybe its something to do with the country quota.

Regards
                        AK

Comment

• Case Approved

Here's an update.
                          1. 10/16: New card is being produced.
                          2. 10/17: I-485 case was approved. I'm to expect a letter in the mail soon
                          I'm guessing my card will go to my attorney before it gets to me. Soon. Really soon!

EB2-ROW
                          AOS (C9) EB2
                          Dates = '18, less PD

Comment

Here's an update.
                            1. 10/16: New card is being produced.
                            2. 10/17: I-485 case was approved. I'm to expect a letter in the mail soon
                            I'm guessing my card will go to my attorney before it gets to me. Soon. Really soon!

EB2-ROW
                            Congrats! Where are you filing from ?
                            C9 Spouse of USC
                            NYC Filer
                            04/13/18 - PD
                            05/04/18 - Bio notice
                            05/23/18 - Bio completed
                            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                            10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
                            10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
                            10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
                            10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
                            10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                            11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
                            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
                              Congrats! Where are you filing from ?
                              Virginia. My field office was Fairfax.
                              AOS (C9) EB2
                              Dates = '18, less PD

Comment

Virginia. My field office was Fairfax.
                                Okay
                                C9 Spouse of USC
                                NYC Filer
                                04/13/18 - PD
                                05/04/18 - Bio notice
                                05/23/18 - Bio completed
                                09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                                09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                                10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
                                10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
                                10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
                                10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
                                10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                                11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
                                11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                                11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                                12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X