Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 2017 Applicants | Orlando

Hello everybody!
    I've been reading forums here since I was preparing my paperwork and everything has been unbelievably helpful!

I filed my I-485 application from Orlando, FL in May 2017 and I still haven't had any news or interview appointment scheduled.
    Life is better since I've got my EAD/AP in September but now that we are approaching one year of my filing date, I'm starting to freak out.

I've heard the Orlando office is backlogged a few months but I'm afraid I might need to do my medical exams again.
    Also had plans to visit my home-country with my husband this month but a friend of mine that is a paralegal recommended me not to leave due to a risk of the immigration officers not letting me back in.
    She says things have changed and that officers are now being extra picky when analyzing your Advance Parole Paperwork... so we decided to stay and keep waiting.

Has anybody experienced the same? Does anybody know if USCIS will notify me if I need to send new medial exams?
    Thank you and please share your experiences if you can relate!

Originally posted by Orldreamer View Post
    Hello everybody!
    I've been reading forums here since I was preparing my paperwork and everything has been unbelievably helpful!

I filed my I-485 application from Orlando, FL in May 2017 and I still haven't had any news or interview appointment scheduled.
    Life is better since I've got my EAD/AP in September but now that we are approaching one year of my filing date, I'm starting to freak out.

I've heard the Orlando office is backlogged a few months but I'm afraid I might need to do my medical exams again.
    Also had plans to visit my home-country with my husband this month but a friend of mine that is a paralegal recommended me not to leave due to a risk of the immigration officers not letting me back in.
    She says things have changed and that officers are now being extra picky when analyzing your Advance Parole Paperwork... so we decided to stay and keep waiting.

Has anybody experienced the same? Does anybody know if USCIS will notify me if I need to send new medial exams?
    It's interesting that your friend recommended that. There are quite a few posts on this forum related to traveling with the combo card. No one seems to have had any major issues. There's always an airline employee who's never seen it, but beyond that, CBP agents will let you in; unless it's a matter of national security or if you have other legal issues. It's just the first time I've heard of such warning.

Unfortunately, USCIS will not notify you when your I-693 expires. You have 1 year from the date of completion to submit it to USCIS. Then, from the date it is received by USCIS, the I-693 is valid for an additional year for adjudication purposes. So If you sent it right away, you used up that one year window you had to submit it.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      It's interesting that your friend recommended that. There are quite a few posts on this forum related to traveling with the combo card. No one seems to have had any major issues. There's always an airline employee who's never seen it, but beyond that, CBP agents will let you in; unless it's a matter of national security or if you have other legal issues. It's just the first time I've heard of such warning.

Unfortunately, USCIS will not notify you when your I-693 expires. You have 1 year from the date of completion to submit it to USCIS. Then, from the date it is received by USCIS, the I-693 is valid for an additional year for adjudication purposes. So If you sent it right away, you used up that one year window you had to submit it.

All the best.
      Hi there, thank you for your response!
      I know, I've read all these posts that you mentioned and they gave me some confidence to proceed with my travel plans but on the other hand I also think it's not worth risking it. My paralegal fried seemed to know what she was saying and said she knows people that got denied to reenter. I'm sure I am not a national security threat but I did overstay about a month before filing the documents and she said some CBP agents could look at it with different eyes. The risk would be me having to go back and wait for the rest of the process in my home-country. It really scared me and made me reconsider my plans...

Well, USCIS received my documents on May 30th... so does that mean I have until May 30th to resend the form I-693? again?
      Do I just send it to the National Benefits Center with a letter and case information?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hi there, thank you for your response!
        I know, I've read all these posts that you mentioned and they gave me some confidence to proceed with my travel plans but on the other hand I also think it's not worth risking it. My paralegal fried seemed to know what she was saying and said she knows people that got denied to reenter. I'm sure I am not a national security threat but I did overstay about a month before filing the documents and she said some CBP agents could look at it with different eyes. The risk would be me having to go back and wait for the rest of the process in my home-country. It really scared me and made me reconsider my plans...

Well, USCIS received my documents on May 30th... so does that mean I have until May 30th to resend the form I-693? again?
        Do I just send it to the National Benefits Center with a letter and case information?

Thanks for the help!
        Oh, I see. Truth is every port of entry is different and it does come down to whom you encounter at CBP. In regards to the I-693, at this point you would just wait for your interview. There is no guarantee that the I-693 would be attached to your file. When you get your interview notice with your appointment date & time, then you can go ahead and get the I-693 again.
        Even if you get to the interview under the 2 year mark, USCIS won't accept it. To them, you had 1 year to submit it and you used up that window, right away -makes no sense. And now you're using up the second window. The whole thing is impractical. They should just say - it's good for 2 years.

All the best.

Comment

April filers

Have you guys known anyone AOS in April and May getting the notice?

Comment

Orlando March 2017 PD

Hi! This morning I went in to USCIS office in Orlando with Infopass to see how my status was up to. Since my RFE was received on May of 2017, my status still says, RFE received. we will continue with your case. Since then nothing... My EAD expires on July, I've applied for renewal on Feb of 2018. They told me it will be extended for 180days after expiration date. As far as my March 2017 PD for I-485, gentleman there at the reception desk told me to wait 60days because they are "probably" doing Feb 2017 PD's. They didn't even let me speak to an officer because he said they will tell me the same thing. So, guys... they are processing 2017 Feb PD's now so we will have to wait. Also, my original PD was March 2017, RFE received on May 2017. Gentleman also told me my PD will still be March. ( Original PD date will be used) So I will wait 2 more months and if nothing changes still, time to head back to USCIS office again. Hope this helps!

Hello everybody!

Comment

I feel like Orlando office closed for a few months

Infopass doesn?t help at all. Nearly 3 months but there is no move. We don?t really know what they are doing. They blame on Center, then NBC blame on them. Do they really care us?

Comment

Finally an Update!

Today at 2:32pm, I've received text, email and on USCIS app, My I-485 status:

On May 17,2018 we scheduled an interview for our form I-485. We will mail you an interview notice.

FINALLY !!! I see a movement!

This is what I'm going to do ASAP. I am RE- DOING my Physical. Current one has been more than a year. Got it done on Jan 2017. I see in few post that people get interviewed and because their physical is more than 1yr old, officer tells them to bring updated one. That will cost few months delay again!! I will not risk !
                I've made appt to the place I got it don't last year and the lady on the phone tells me, " you have to pay $200" and I told her I don't care. I am not going to waste anymore time to save $200. I will update once again after I receive the mail to see what will be the next step.

Originally posted by FiKen View Post
                Infopass doesn?t help at all. Nearly 3 months but there is no move. We don?t really know what they are doing. They blame on Center, then NBC blame on them. Do they really care us?

Comment

Finally they are moving!

I am so happy for you and even happier for those Orlando filers. Finally we see something moving. I am 1 month behind you, Hopefully I could hear something promising soon.
                  Keep us posted.

Comment

Orlando filer 2018

Hey guys just wanna hop in the group for Orlando filers I?ve been searching and searching and here I am. I filed February 2018 Good luck to everyone here do you guys know how the interviews reviews at our office?
                    Feb 17/18 package sent
                    Feb 20/18 PD
                    Mar 2/18 NOA
                    Mar 21/18 Biometrics
                    Mar 22/18 Courtesy letter medical
                    May 17/18 Interview schedule for June 25th

Comment

I guess I'm the earliest one compare to you two so I will try my best to keep you posted! I do get a lot of information from this site. I am checking my mailbox everyday to see if the interview mail has arrived. I believe the physical re-do exam shouldn't be too bad because I already got my flu shot and they just to redo the form. I will update once again when the mail arrives. Crossing fingers to my dear fellow Orlando people!

QUOTE=Jay D Destin;567387]Hey guys just wanna hop in the group for Orlando filers I?ve been searching and searching and here I am. I filed February 2018 Good luck to everyone here do you guys know how the interviews reviews at our office?[/QUOTE]

Comment

It?s both of us

Originally posted by wendarin View Post
                        I guess I'm the earliest one compare to you two so I will try my best to keep you posted! I do get a lot of information from this site. I am checking my mailbox everyday to see if the interview mail has arrived. I believe the physical re-do exam shouldn't be too bad because I already got my flu shot and they just to redo the form. I will update once again when the mail arrives. Crossing fingers to my dear fellow Orlando people!

QUOTE=Jay D Destin;567387]Hey guys just wanna hop in the group for Orlando filers I?ve been searching and searching and here I am. I filed February 2018 Good luck to everyone here do you guys know how the interviews reviews at our office?
                        [/QUOTE]

I did get interview scheduled 2 days ago so I?m just waiting I wanted to know about the field office here in Orlando and the reviews
                        Feb 17/18 package sent
                        Feb 20/18 PD
                        Mar 2/18 NOA
                        Mar 21/18 Biometrics

Comment

I did get interview scheduled 2 days ago so I?m just waiting I wanted to know about the field office here in Orlando and the reviews[/QUOTE]

@ jay d destin what is your priority date?

Comment

April filers

Originally posted by FiKen View Post
                            Have you guys known anyone AOS in April and May getting the notice?
                            I haven't still. My application was received on april 3 2017 and I havent still got any notice of interview. Actually when I filed I-130 my souse was a green card holder and then in june 2017 she became US citizen and then I filed I-485 in september 2017, so guys I am still confused which date I am supposed to consider.Can anyone help me here in orlando filers? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Sure

Originally posted by bigtrx25 View Post
                              I did get interview scheduled 2 days ago so I?m just waiting I wanted to know about the field office here in Orlando and the reviews
                              @ jay d destin what is your priority date?[/QUOTE]

My Pd is February 20th 2018

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by bigtrx25 View Post
                              I haven't still. My application was received on april 3 2017 and I havent still got any notice of interview. Actually when I filed I-130 my souse was a green card holder and then in june 2017 she became US citizen and then I filed I-485 in september 2017, so guys I am still confused which date I am supposed to consider.Can anyone help me here in orlando filers? Thank you in advance.
                              But I think it would be when you send the I485 knowing that your became a citizen so I?d say you jump from waiting for a visa to be available to the one that states a visa is always there for spouse of us citizens
                              Feb 17/18 package sent
                              Feb 20/18 PD
                              Mar 2/18 NOA
                              Mar 21/18 Biometrics

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...