Interview documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

table of contents

we used the same format of table of contents when we sent the forms and initial evidence, the only difference I guess is I color coded them based on what form they were related to, thanks for the tips and examples this is great, we are working over the weekend on the final documents we believe we can obtain and with our friends and family's affidavits, as soon as I have it organized Ill post our example for feedback, I think I will use the order in which the evidence was listed in the interview letter, see if that makes more sense to the IO when reviewing,I cant tell you how grateful I am for all the support you have provided!

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    The gal who put this together did a really amazing job with it. Her I-751 petition for removal of conditions interview was of course, waived. Post it once you're done with it if you'd like. We are happy to give you feedback here.

I knew I had forgotten something. Health care power of attorney. It costs $20 dollars. It's a legal document you should each have. Designate each other on it to make health care decisions for each other in the event either one of you is not able to. It's a sinister conversation to have as a newly wed. It's worth it though. I did not get around to doing that with my spouse before filing for AOS. But we will have it by the time our interview comes. Everyone knows that if something happens to me and I cannot breathe on my own and I end up plugged in to a respirator, I am OK with that for 30 days. On day 31, that machine must be unplugged and I shall rest in peace. If Im still plugged in and then die a slow death, I've told my spouse I'll come back to pull their toes in their sleep. LOL.

Exhibit J. She listed it there.

All the best. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by jzgr24 View Post
      we used the same format of table of contents when we sent the forms and initial evidence, the only difference I guess is I color coded them based on what form they were related to, thanks for the tips and examples this is great, we are working over the weekend on the final documents we believe we can obtain and with our friends and family's affidavits, as soon as I have it organized Ill post our example for feedback, I think I will use the order in which the evidence was listed in the interview letter, see if that makes more sense to the IO when reviewing,I cant tell you how grateful I am for all the support you have provided!
      Glad to be of assistance! I know your interview will go great. Please pay it forward. Help whoever whenever in the future. All the best.

Comment

Glad to be of assistance! I know your interview will go great. Please pay it forward. Help whoever whenever in the future. All the best.
        Just out of curiosity are you a teacher/trainer/professor?

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
          Just out of curiosity are you a teacher/trainer/professor?
          Of sorts, I suppose. Students in their final year of my health profession rotate through my site for 6 weeks at a time and I serve as their preceptor. I usually have one or two students at a time all year round. LOL, I suppose I am always on mentor-mode. Just trying to be helpful!

Comment

preliminary table of contents

see below the table of contents we prepared without the civil documents ( we have prepared a separate one for those), please let me know your thoughts. the other one is mostly, passports, marriage cert, birth cert, etc everything we submitted with our initial application plus additional support for I-864 (2017 tax returns and W2s + most recent pay stubs) Im planning on attaching only copies for those and bringing the originals with me in case they want to look at them.

Evidence of Cohabitation

a) Joint lease agreement at our address
            b) USPS individual and joint accounts for informed delivery
            c) Proof of joint accounts for our TV services with Sling, Roku and Netflix
            d) Proof of joint email account
            e) Copy of mail delivered to both of us at the same address
            f) Text messages matched with receipts of day to day shopping and travels as a married couple
            g) Screenshots from social media account of pictures showing location

Evidence of commingling of financial resources

a) Proof of being each other?s beneficiary on life insurance and mutual funds.
            b) Proof of money transfers for joint expenses like rent, utilities, etc
            c) Joint checking account- still working on this one, not sure if we will have it ready by the interview

Evidence of relationship (bona fide marriage)
            a) Five sworn affidavits from others as proof of bona fide marriage
            b) Text messages matched with travel receipts and pictures from our travels when we were dating
            c) Amazon receipts from gifts bought to each other and delivered at our address
            d) Text messages matched with receipt showing the planning of our wedding reception at **** *
            e) Copy of wedding announcement in the paper
            f) Receipt of Christmas gift from *** to *** at *** Jewelers
            g) Wedding pictures with friends and family

Comment

see below the table of contents we prepared without the civil documents ( we have prepared a separate one for those), please let me know your thoughts. the other one is mostly, passports, marriage cert, birth cert, etc everything we submitted with our initial application plus additional support for I-864 (2017 tax returns and W2s + most recent pay stubs) Im planning on attaching only copies for those and bringing the originals with me in case they want to look at them.

Evidence of Cohabitation

f) Text messages matched with receipts of day to day shopping and travels as a married couple

c) Joint checking account- still working on this one, not sure if we will have it ready by the interview

b) Text messages matched with travel receipts and pictures from our travels when we were dating
              d) Text messages matched with receipt showing the planning of our wedding reception at **** *

I think this looks great. It's well balanced. You have plenty in each category. By the way, I included our Amazon account/payment settings which show we have unrestricted access to each other's credit cards. That's if you even want to add anything.
              For the Target Red Debit card, you do not need a joint checking account. Your husband can link the card to his checking account and then grant you a card. Just in case you do not get around to the joint checking part.

You're very efficient. Great job!

Comment

Evidence of Cohabitation

Hey quick question. How do you make a joint informed delivery account? I keep trying online and i'm getting no where.
                PD - 2/20/18
                Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
                Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
                3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
                5/9/18 - Received EAD
                5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
                5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
                9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

joint delivery

went to the sign in option, enter our address and added both my husbands and my name on the account information, its only available for certain zip codes, where are you having trouble?

they do a few security questions before you are able to log

Originally posted by MicaAshani View Post
                  Hey quick question. How do you make a joint informed delivery account? I keep trying online and i'm getting no where.

Comment

went to the sign in option, enter our address and added both my husbands and my name on the account information, its only available for certain zip codes, where are you having trouble?

they do a few security questions before you are able to log
                    My husband is from Jamaican, will the security questions pertain to him and i?
                    PD - 2/20/18
                    Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
                    Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
                    3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
                    5/9/18 - Received EAD
                    5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
                    5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
                    9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

Questions

In our case questions were only for my husband (USC)

Originally posted by MicaAshani View Post
                      My husband is from Jamaican, will the security questions pertain to him and i?

Comment

Were you able to get the joint checking account set up?

Comment

evidence

yes!!

so here is what we have now on financial:

- Checking account under my husband's name, and me listed as co-owner
                          -Checking account under my name and him listed as co-owner
                          on the two above, we were able to get a print screen from our banks website showing on both names we have access to the same accounts, do you think this will help if we add it to the evidence? the bank gave us copy as proof, but it really doesn't have much detail besides our name, account numbers and my husband's SSN
                          -listed as beneficiary on mutual funds
                          -listed as beneficiary on both our life insurances
                          -money transfer evidence for the months we have lived together (to pay rent, etc)

between this and all of what I listed before I feel confident on us having enough evidence, would you agree? we are waiting on our friend's and family affidavits to finish organizing the documents, is it ok if we use a prong fastener to hold the documents together or would it be a problem for the "non metal" policy?

Were you able to get the joint checking account set up?

Comment

Of sorts, I suppose. Students in their final year of my health profession rotate through my site for 6 weeks at a time and I serve as their preceptor. I usually have one or two students at a time all year round. LOL, I suppose I am always on mentor-mode. Just trying to be helpful!
                            My husband started a new job after the the paperwork was sent it. He had gotten the job while we mailed it but it wasn't official, it was just a job offer confirmation. Do we have to submit a new i864 at the interview or just an employment letter and paystubs?
                            Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                            Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                            Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                            Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                            Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                            Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                            EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                            EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                            SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                            GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                            Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                            I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                            GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                              My husband started a new job after the the paperwork was sent it. He had gotten the job while we mailed it but it wasn't official, it was just a job offer confirmation. Do we have to submit a new i864 at the interview or just an employment letter and paystubs?
                              I would definitely bring an updated I-864 along with the evidence of current income; i.e., original letter from employer on company letterhead and copies of pay stubs, as those are usually printed off the interwebs. If your husband is your only sponsor, you are the only intending immigrant, and your husband is only using W-2 income, then I believe you can file I-864 EZ. It's an abbreviated version.

*tic... toc... tic... toc...
                              Attached Files

Comment

yes!!

so here is what we have now on financial:

- Checking account under my husband's name, and me listed as co-owner
                                -Checking account under my name and him listed as co-owner
                                on the two above, we were able to get a print screen from our banks website showing on both names we have access to the same accounts, do you think this will help if we add it to the evidence? the bank gave us copy as proof, but it really doesn't have much detail besides our name, account numbers and my husband's SSN
                                -listed as beneficiary on mutual funds
                                -listed as beneficiary on both our life insurances
                                -money transfer evidence for the months we have lived together (to pay rent, etc)

between this and all of what I listed before I feel confident on us having enough evidence, would you agree? we are waiting on our friend's and family affidavits to finish organizing the documents, is it ok if we use a prong fastener to hold the documents together or would it be a problem for the "non metal" policy?
                                Haha, look at you! Two joint checking accounts. That's awesome. Definitely include that print screen. I would also print the account settings page if it shows that text notifications go to your husband's phone and your phone, you can also print one that shows the joint email as one of the emails where statements and notifications are sent.

We also included the Joint Checking Account Agreement - looks like a contract and it should have both signatures, or at least the US citizen's signature and the non-citizen's initials.

It is very impressive how you tackled gathering and organizing all of that evidence. I am serious. It took us a long time. We did it as it statements became available, and there was a lot of trial and error when we were staging the evidence to figure out what made sense. Does this "picture + receipt + hotel stay bill + bank statement showing hotel payment + trip related text messages" say what we need it to say to the ISO?

I think you will walk in there confidently and get your approval.

All the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X