No announcement yet.

Interview documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am very grateful for all your assistance!! i am praying this will go very well and they read our love story as it happened interview is on friday, Ill post the outcome!

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    Haha, look at you! Two joint checking accounts. That's awesome. Definitely include that print screen. I would also print the account settings page if it shows that text notifications go to your husband's phone and your phone, you can also print one that shows the joint email as one of the emails where statements and notifications are sent.

We also included the Joint Checking Account Agreement - looks like a contract and it should have both signatures, or at least the US citizen's signature and the non-citizen's initials.

It is very impressive how you tackled gathering and organizing all of that evidence. I am serious. It took us a long time. We did it as it statements became available, and there was a lot of trial and error when we were staging the evidence to figure out what made sense. Does this "picture + receipt + hotel stay bill + bank statement showing hotel payment + trip related text messages" say what we need it to say to the ISO?

I think you will walk in there confidently and get your approval.

All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by jzgr24 View Post
      i am very grateful for all your assistance!! i am praying this will go very well and they read our love story as it happened interview is on friday, Ill post the outcome!
      I am glad to help. Please pay it forward! There is electricity in the air this week. Tons of folks have reported fantastic outcomes. Fingers crossed for Friday!

Comment

Meant to address your question about the prong fastener. Sorry! We used good old metal prong fasteners. There are non-metal fasteners BUT we did not think those would be able to hold this stack together.
        Attached Files

Comment

Meant to address your question about the prong fastener. Sorry! We used good old metal prong fasteners. There are non-metal fasteners BUT we did not think those would be able to hold this stack together.
          This is how they file! The two hole puncher! What i only did was to scanned all 30 pictures. Its like 2 or 3pics on one page... the IO likes it as it will save time for them to paste the orginal pocs to a paper for filing.

Comment

Originally posted by Herewecome View Post
            This is how they file! The two hole puncher! What i only did was to scanned all 30 pictures. Its like 2 or 3pics on one page... the IO likes it as it will save time for them to paste the orginal pocs to a paper for filing.
            Yes! It was not easy to put that stack together. We had to 3 sets of two prongs even spaced from each other, and then labeled "Caution: Extra prong found here". I didn't want someone getting frustrated while taking apart my file, BUT I did want it to arrive in one piece.
            Someone recommended scanning the pictures and printing them. My printer does great with photo paper but not with regular paper. So I printed them on photo paper and then glued them to the pages.
            They really need to switch the AOS process to the N-400 e-filing system. You upload your evidence -everything- from home. Then, bring originals to the interview. Neat!

Comment

evidence for interview

we are finally done putting everything together and counting hours for friday, praying for a possitive outcome, we have put together 3 separate folders, one containing the originals we will have with us, one containing the supporting evidence for bona fide marriage, and one last one containing copies of civil documents which we had already sent with our application plus the updated evidence for I-864, in addition we will of course have our I-693 in the sealed envelope, here is how the content looks like:
              note: for additional formatting we added our receipt and alien number, petitioners name and applicants name on the header of each table of contents, we have organized the documents in the order stated in the table of contents putting sticky tabs in the bottom of the pages for each "tittle" and smaller post it bands with the letter of each exhibit for easier transition and location.

Subject: Supporting Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage
              Table of Contents

Evidence of Cohabitation

a) Proof of joint lease information from **** * Living at current address
              b) USPS individual and joint accounts for informed delivery
              c) Proof of joint accounts for our TV services with Sling, Roku and Netflix
              d) Proof of joint email account
              e) Copy of mail delivered to both of us at the same address
              f) Text messages matched with receipts of day to day shopping and travels as a married couple
              g) Screenshots from Instagram account of pictures showing location

Evidence of commingling of financial resources

h) Proof of being each other?s beneficiary on life insurance and IRA.
              i) Proof of money transfers for joint expenses like rent, utilities, etc from January to April (April account statement is not available yet, we are attaching the email confirmation as proof)
              j) Joint checking accounts and proof of access to each other?s account on our online banking website.

Evidence of relationship

k) Sworn affidavits from family and friends as proof of bona fide marriage
              l) Text messages matched with travel receipts and pictures from our travels when we were dating
              m) Notes written on boarding passes from*** to *** from when we were dating
              n) Amazon receipts from gifts bought from ***to *** and delivered at our address
              o) Receipt of Christmas gift from to at **** Jewelers
              p) Copy of wedding announcement in the paper
              q) Text messages matched with receipt showing the organization of our wedding reception at **** **
              r) Account statement showing checks deposited from wedding presents
              s) Copy of checks received as wedding presents.
              t) Copy of wedding pictures with friends and family

**** *** Civil Documets **** **
              Table of Contents

Supporting evidence for I-864
              a) Federal Income Tax Returns and W2s of 2017 (not presented with the original application as they were filled in April 2018)
              b) Letters of employment for **** *
              c) Pay stubs for the last 2 months
              d) Copy of **** * passport

Proof of marriage
              e) Copy of marriage license
              f) Copy of marriage certificate

Travel and immigration documents for **** **
              g) Copy of previous B1/B2 Visa
              h) Copy of previous passport
              i) Copy of current visa
              j) Copy of current passport
              k) Copy of updated I-94
              l) Copy of travel history

Proof of citizenship and nationality
              m) Copy of **** * birth certificate
              n) Copy of **** * birth certificate
              o) Translation of **** birth certificate

**** ** List of originals **** *
              Originals
              1. I-797- notice for Interview appointment
              2. Passport ***
              3. Old passport ***
              4. Valid passport ***
              5. Birth certificates *** and **
              6. Birth Certificate certified translation ****
              7. Marriage license
              8. Marriage certificate
              9. Employment letters
              10. Evidence of mail sent to our address
              11. Marriage announcement in the paper
              12. Receipts
              13. Wedding pictures
              14. Vaccination records and translation
              15. Tb skin test result
              16. Letters on boarding passes
              17. Checks (wedding presents)

Comment

we are finally done putting everything together and counting hours for friday, praying for a possitive outcome, we have put together 3 separate folders, one containing the originals we will have with us, one containing the supporting evidence for bona fide marriage, and one last one containing copies of civil documents which we had already sent with our application plus the updated evidence for I-864, in addition we will of course have our I-693 in the sealed envelope, here is how the content looks like:
                note: for additional formatting we added our receipt and alien number, petitioners name and applicants name on the header of each table of contents, we have organized the documents in the order stated in the table of contents putting sticky tabs in the bottom of the pages for each "tittle" and smaller post it bands with the letter of each exhibit for easier transition and location.

Subject: Supporting Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage
                Table of Contents

Evidence of Cohabitation

a) Proof of joint lease information from **** * Living at current address
                b) USPS individual and joint accounts for informed delivery
                c) Proof of joint accounts for our TV services with Sling, Roku and Netflix
                d) Proof of joint email account
                e) Copy of mail delivered to both of us at the same address
                f) Text messages matched with receipts of day to day shopping and travels as a married couple
                g) Screenshots from Instagram account of pictures showing location

Evidence of commingling of financial resources

h) Proof of being each other?s beneficiary on life insurance and IRA.
                i) Proof of money transfers for joint expenses like rent, utilities, etc from January to April (April account statement is not available yet, we are attaching the email confirmation as proof)
                j) Joint checking accounts and proof of access to each other?s account on our online banking website.

Evidence of relationship

k) Sworn affidavits from family and friends as proof of bona fide marriage
                l) Text messages matched with travel receipts and pictures from our travels when we were dating
                m) Notes written on boarding passes from*** to *** from when we were dating
                n) Amazon receipts from gifts bought from ***to *** and delivered at our address
                o) Receipt of Christmas gift from to at **** Jewelers
                p) Copy of wedding announcement in the paper
                q) Text messages matched with receipt showing the organization of our wedding reception at **** **
                r) Account statement showing checks deposited from wedding presents
                s) Copy of checks received as wedding presents.
                t) Copy of wedding pictures with friends and family

**** *** Civil Documets **** **
                Table of Contents

Supporting evidence for I-864
                a) Federal Income Tax Returns and W2s of 2017 (not presented with the original application as they were filled in April 2018)
                b) Letters of employment for **** *
                c) Pay stubs for the last 2 months
                d) Copy of **** * passport

Proof of marriage
                e) Copy of marriage license
                f) Copy of marriage certificate

Travel and immigration documents for **** **
                g) Copy of previous B1/B2 Visa
                h) Copy of previous passport
                i) Copy of current visa
                j) Copy of current passport
                k) Copy of updated I-94
                l) Copy of travel history

Proof of citizenship and nationality
                m) Copy of **** * birth certificate
                n) Copy of **** * birth certificate
                o) Translation of **** birth certificate

**** ** List of originals **** *
                Originals
                1. I-797- notice for Interview appointment
                2. Passport ***
                3. Old passport ***
                4. Valid passport ***
                5. Birth certificates *** and **
                6. Birth Certificate certified translation ****
                7. Marriage license
                8. Marriage certificate
                9. Employment letters
                10. Evidence of mail sent to our address
                11. Marriage announcement in the paper
                12. Receipts
                13. Wedding pictures
                14. Vaccination records and translation
                15. Tb skin test result
                16. Letters on boarding passes
                17. Checks (wedding presents)
                GREAT JOB! I looked through it several times. It's complete in all ways. I think you are all set. I understand that you are in California. Is it San Francisco? Please do not underestimate traffic. Attempt the trip the previous day if you are unsure about traffic about that time of the day.

Here is something that often times throws people off at these interviews. The ISO will ask you to state facts that are sometimes obvious or that you know, are right in front of them and often times, it might seem like he/she is doubting your story. Just answer every question truthfully and do not look for an ulterior motive or feel like you're being judged. Say they ask you your address, and then if your husband lives there. Then the ISO does the same with your husband. They have to corroborate all facts and all those statements have to come from you.

You may or may not be asked why you did not pursue the k-1 or CR-1 visa, instead of entering with B1 and then adjusting status. Do not take it the wrong way. Train yourself to smile right before responding to a question and make eye contact. It does something to the human brain. It will also prevent you from getting defensive. The ISO will see the mountain of evidence and it will be obvious that it would have been painful to be apart for such a long time. However, YOU have to state all of that. It cannot come from the ISO. I am just saying all this because it is natural to feel attacked when people ask you questions that are obvious.

Then again, you may not even be asked about adjusting status from a B1/B2 visa. Every ISO has a different style. Some are dry, some are friendlier. What's important is that you are your best self that day. The look at the way you sit next to each other. Your body language.
                If approved on the spot, it is perfectly fine to kindly ask for a I-551 stamp on your passport as proof of your permanent resident status until your green card arrives. The ISO may or may not do it. If the answer is "no, we do not do those anymore", do not push it.

I do not anticipate you will have any issues. Do not "hope" everything will be ok. Know that you have done everything in your power to ensure a positive outcome. Have faith or complete trust or confidence (whether religious or not) that green card is yours.

Please share your experience after the interview if you get a chance after celebrating! All the best.

Comment

Interview done!

We had our interview today, interview was scheduled at 1, we arrived around 1220 and waited until 1:15 to be called in by the officer , interview lasted about 45-50 mins, it was not hard or dry, it was mostly a conversation.
                  -she asked for the I-693, I handed it to her, she opened the envelope and reviewed the form and vaccination records.
                  -First i was asked questions from I-485, names, birth dates, address history, job history, yes or no questions from I-485.
                  -we then moved on to her asking questions to my husband about I-130, same thing as before, names, birth dates, address history, etc
                  -we showed her tax returns of 2017 which we hadnt filled with application because my husband filled until April. She looked at them and take notes but didnt keep them
                  -she then started talking to us about how we met, where we traveled to see each other, when we decided to get married, when we met each others parents, if we had a small or big wedding, where we had it, who attended.

we had prepared a lot of additional evidence of our relationship, she looked at it and took notes but gave it back to us. We chatted for a little longer and she said she was recommending us for approval and we should receive an approval and GC in the mail within the next month, she printed a page that says we have been recommended for approval and has the date and her name. She also mentioned the EAD is taking longer and it would probably come after the GC but I wont need it by then.

I think this was a positive result, and now we will wait to get the official approval and/or GC in the mail. thanks so much for all the support on putting the evidence together!!

below is my timeline for reference:

Concurrent filing I-485,130,765 marriage base USC
                  Field office: Cleveland
                  Docs sent to Chicago Lockbox
                  PD: 02/07
                  recipt dates: 02/14
                  checks cashed: 02/16
                  biometrics done: 03/05
                  received courtesy letter for I-693: 03/16

had no status updates on either accounts, received an email on 04/21 saying action was taken so I loged in to find out my 485 was marked as " Us Postal service could not deliver a notice we sent"
                  we sent a service request for it to be sent again.
                  04/23 I called to a level 2 officer to see if they could tell me what had been sent on the mail. He said it is an interview appointment for May 11th.
                  Official letter for appointment received on 05/01
                  Interview done 5/11

GREAT JOB! I looked through it several times. It's complete in all ways. I think you are all set. I understand that you are in California. Is it San Francisco? Please do not underestimate traffic. Attempt the trip the previous day if you are unsure about traffic about that time of the day.

Here is something that often times throws people off at these interviews. The ISO will ask you to state facts that are sometimes obvious or that you know, are right in front of them and often times, it might seem like he/she is doubting your story. Just answer every question truthfully and do not look for an ulterior motive or feel like you're being judged. Say they ask you your address, and then if your husband lives there. Then the ISO does the same with your husband. They have to corroborate all facts and all those statements have to come from you.

You may or may not be asked why you did not pursue the k-1 or CR-1 visa, instead of entering with B1 and then adjusting status. Do not take it the wrong way. Train yourself to smile right before responding to a question and make eye contact. It does something to the human brain. It will also prevent you from getting defensive. The ISO will see the mountain of evidence and it will be obvious that it would have been painful to be apart for such a long time. However, YOU have to state all of that. It cannot come from the ISO. I am just saying all this because it is natural to feel attacked when people ask you questions that are obvious.

Then again, you may not even be asked about adjusting status from a B1/B2 visa. Every ISO has a different style. Some are dry, some are friendlier. What's important is that you are your best self that day. The look at the way you sit next to each other. Your body language.
                  If approved on the spot, it is perfectly fine to kindly ask for a I-551 stamp on your passport as proof of your permanent resident status until your green card arrives. The ISO may or may not do it. If the answer is "no, we do not do those anymore", do not push it.

I do not anticipate you will have any issues. Do not "hope" everything will be ok. Know that you have done everything in your power to ensure a positive outcome. Have faith or complete trust or confidence (whether religious or not) that green card is yours.

Please share your experience after the interview if you get a chance after celebrating! All the best.

Comment

We had our interview today, interview was scheduled at 1, we arrived around 1220 and waited until 1:15 to be called in by the officer , interview lasted about 45-50 mins, it was not hard or dry, it was mostly a conversation.
                    -she asked for the I-693, I handed it to her, she opened the envelope and reviewed the form and vaccination records.
                    -First i was asked questions from I-485, names, birth dates, address history, job history, yes or no questions from I-485.
                    -we then moved on to her asking questions to my husband about I-130, same thing as before, names, birth dates, address history, etc
                    -we showed her tax returns of 2017 which we hadnt filled with application because my husband filled until April. She looked at them and take notes but didnt keep them
                    -she then started talking to us about how we met, where we traveled to see each other, when we decided to get married, when we met each others parents, if we had a small or big wedding, where we had it, who attended.

we had prepared a lot of additional evidence of our relationship, she looked at it and took notes but gave it back to us. We chatted for a little longer and she said she was recommending us for approval and we should receive an approval and GC in the mail within the next month, she printed a page that says we have been recommended for approval and has the date and her name. She also mentioned the EAD is taking longer and it would probably come after the GC but I wont need it by then.

I think this was a positive result, and now we will wait to get the official approval and/or GC in the mail. thanks so much for all the support on putting the evidence together!!

below is my timeline for reference:

Concurrent filing I-485,130,765 marriage base USC
                    Field office: Cleveland
                    Docs sent to Chicago Lockbox
                    PD: 02/07
                    recipt dates: 02/14
                    checks cashed: 02/16
                    biometrics done: 03/05
                    received courtesy letter for I-693: 03/16

had no status updates on either accounts, received an email on 04/21 saying action was taken so I loged in to find out my 485 was marked as " Us Postal service could not deliver a notice we sent"
                    we sent a service request for it to be sent again.
                    04/23 I called to a level 2 officer to see if they could tell me what had been sent on the mail. He said it is an interview appointment for May 11th.
                    Official letter for appointment received on 05/01
                    Interview done 5/11
                    That's fantastic news! Congratulations! I am very happy for you and your husband. You made it sound so easy. All the best!

Comment

You may or may not be asked why you did not pursue the k-1 or CR-1 visa, instead of entering with B1 and then adjusting status. Do not take it the wrong way.
                      May I ask what is the best way to reply to his question? I am starting to prepare for my interview now.
                      City applied from: Los Angeles, CA
                      3/08/18 - PD (Chicago lockbox)
                      3/28/18 - USCIS cashed checks
                      3/29/18 - 4 texts and 4 emails
                      4/02/18 - 4 NOA letters
                      4/06/18 - Biometrics Notice
                      4/16/18 - Biometrics Completed
                      4/16/18 - I-693 courtesy letter
                      4/23/18 - 'interview ready to be scheduled'
                      5/12/18 - revcd I-797C informing interview date
                      6/15/18 - Interview (approved on the spot)
                      6/16/18 - Case tracker notified us 'New Card is being Produced'
                      6/22/18 - revcd Green Card

Comment

I would advise to tell the truth, in our case it was that we had spent all our money traveling to see each other, and we really just didnt want to wait to be together, we were not asked the question, but we made sure everything we said about our story painted that picture

Originally posted by sinoptola View Post
                        May I ask what is the best way to reply to his question? I am starting to prepare for my interview now.

Comment

I would advise to tell the truth, in our case it was that we had spent all our money traveling to see each other, and we really just didnt want to wait to be together, we were not asked the question, but we made sure everything we said about our story painted that picture
                          Yup, I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by sinoptola View Post
                            The best way to respond to any of the questions is with the truth. Be professional but let your personality come through. If there?s a visa overstay, always circle back to the fact that you couldn?t be apart. Hopefully, your eyes get all shiny when you say that.
                            It?s good to articulate the answers to such questions before the interview. I would jot down your relationship timeline. Then, look through it and see if it would look coherent and cohesive to a complete stranger. Find gaps, inconsistencies.
                            A good example is my own evidence of cohabitation. My spouse was only added to my lease on January 8th, 2018. We signed a new lease. I did not want to lose the seniority I have in the building. I figured the owner would try to jack up the rent.
                            That didn?t happen. I told my landlord my spouse had moved in 11/2016. However, this landlord bought the building in August 2017. So he gave my spouse a certificate of rent paid from August 1st, 2017 thru December 31st, 2017.
                            My spouse did a change of address to my address for the F-1 EAD application sometime in May 2017. So that helps us prove we?ve been living together at least since May 2017.
                            To prove cohabitation between 11/2016 & 4/2017, we relied on text messages, iPhone location history.
                            You get the idea. Keep asking questions. You?ll get answers

Comment

My list

As I am preparing my documents for our interview, I would like to present my list. Please let me know if this is enough. Thank you!

Civil documents list - original and copy
                              0. Original Interview Notice! (Duh! Forgot that one!)
                              1. Passports for both
                              2. Birth certificates for both - Person Y's is bilingual with English as one of the languages
                              3. Driver's license showing same address for both
                              4. Marriage license
                              5. Court issued certified copies of marriage license

Table of contents of Supporting Documents
                              1. Joint Financial Accounts - Checking, Savings and Credit card statements (Checking has plenty of billpay transactions including mortgage, utilities; Credit card has 4 yr history)
                              2. Joint Asset -Deed of joint ownership of Condo (not home)
                              3. Joint Utilities & Other Accounts - Gas has both names, Electric - Person Y manages online for home and condo, Internet- Person Y added as sub account to Person X?s, Sam's Club has both names
                              4. Joint Insurance - Autos 2x, Home, Umbrella, Condo, Health, Dental
                              5. Account Beneficiaries - Person X's 401k, Person Y's 401k, Person Y's Brokerage account, Person Y's Roth IRA, Person X's HSA, Person Y's HSA, Person X's Life Insurance
                              6. Joint donations - 2014, 2016, 2017 - these are all we kept -I wish we kept them all
                              7. Tax Transcripts: Person X - 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014 Person Y - 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014; no joint taxes yet as we got married this year
                              8. I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Documents
                              a. Paystubs - Person X, last 2 months
                              b. Paystubs - Person Y, last month (new job) plus old job since start of the year
                              c. Employment letter - Person X
                              d. Employment letter - Person Y
                              9. Immigration Documents Issued to Person Y
                              a. EAD/AP card copy
                              b. I-765 approval notice
                              c. I-131 approval notice
                              d. U.S. visa with passport stamp of last entry
                              e. I-94 printout
                              f. All I-140 approval notices
                              g. All H-1B approval notices
                              h. EAD card copy (OPT)
                              i. I-20s issued by University since ZZZY
                              10. Wedding program & cards received
                              11. Wedding photos - selected about 20 or so
                              12. Photos of 10 yr relationship and occasions - selected about 25 or so
                              13. I-693 (Medical report) Copy - original already submitted
                              Last edited by kd2008; 05-19-2018, 10:35 AM.
                              Filing Type: Marriage to USC

3/20/18: Package sent
                              3/21/18: Package received, PD
                              3/27/18: Checks cashed
                              3/31/18: NoAs recvd via mail
                              4/06/18: Biometrics appt recvd for 4/17
                              4/09/18: Early walk-in Biometrics appt
                              4/16/18: We reviewed your biometrics
                              4/25/18: We are ready to schedule your interview
                              4/30/18: We scheduled your interview
                              5/03/18: EAD approved (expedited)
                              5/05/18: Interview notice recvd for 6/07/18
                              6/07/18: Approved on the spot!

Comment

Originally posted by kd2008 View Post
                                As I am preparing my documents for our interview, I would like to present my list. Please let me know if this is enough. Thank you!

Civil documents list - original and copy
                                1. Passports for both
                                2. Birth certificates for both - Person Y's is bilingual with English as one of the languages
                                3. Driver's license showing same address for both
                                4. Marriage license
                                5. Court issued certified copies of marriage license

Table of contents of Supporting Documents
                                1. Joint Financial Accounts - Checking, Savings and Credit card statements (Checking has plenty of billpay transactions including mortgage, utilities; Credit card has 4 yr history)
                                2. Joint Asset -Deed of joint ownership of Condo (not home)
                                3. Joint Utilities & Other Accounts - Gas has both names, Electric - Person Y manages online for home and condo, Internet- Person Y added as sub account to Person X?s, Sam's Club has both names
                                4. Joint Insurance - Autos 2x, Home, Umbrella, Condo, Health, Dental
                                5. Account Beneficiaries - Person X's 401k, Person Y's 401k, Person Y's Brokerage account, Person Y's Roth IRA, Person X's HSA, Person Y's HSA, Person X's Life Insurance
                                6. Joint donations - 2014, 2016, 2017 - these are all we kept -I wish we kept them all
                                7. Tax Transcripts: Person X - 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014 Person Y - 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014; no joint taxes yet as we got married this year
                                8. I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Documents
                                a. Paystubs - Person X, last 2 months
                                b. Paystubs - Person Y, last month (new job) plus old job since start of the year
                                c. Employment letter - Person X
                                d. Employment letter - Person Y
                                9. Immigration Documents Issued to Person Y
                                a. EAD/AP card copy
                                b. I-765 approval notice
                                c. I-131 approval notice
                                d. U.S. visa with passport stamp of last entry
                                e. I-94 printout
                                f. All I-140 approval notices
                                g. All H-1B approval notices
                                h. EAD card copy (OPT)
                                i. I-20s issued by University since ZZZY
                                10. Wedding program & cards received
                                11. Wedding photos - selected about 20 or so
                                12. Photos of 10 yr relationship and occasions - selected about 25 or so
                                13. I-693 (Medical report) Copy - original already submitted
                                What is I-140 approval for?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X