Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFE Birth-Certificate ( Although I had already sent my birth certificate) - URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE Birth-Certificate ( Although I had already sent my birth certificate) - URGENT

Hello Everyone,

I had filled my I485 on Feb and did my fingerprint on April and received an RFE for my birth certificate yesterday (May) saying that:
    "Submit a copy of the applicant's foreign birth certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority. If the document is in a language other than ....."

What makes this confusing is that I had already submitted a copy of my birth certificate (in my native language) and a translation of that certified by someone fluent in English and my native language. My Birth certificate was issued 14 days after my birth and it shows the city of my birth, name of my parents, my date of birth and my own name ofcourse. So to the best of my knowledge the one that I had already posted satisfies the requirements for an acceptable birth certificate by the USCIS.

Now I am wondering what might have been the reason for getting this RFE and how I can respond to that?
    My guess is that the officer has noted my birth certificate in my filled documents Or may it be another reason involved?
    I really appreciate your feedback and sharing of your experiences on this.

I am thinking of submitting the same documents but this time motorize it. Would that be sufficient? Would I need to work with an attorney at all?

Thanks

Does it meet the following criterion? https://www.immihelp.com/translation...s-immigration/
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
      Does it meet the following criterion? https://www.immihelp.com/translation...s-immigration/
      Thanks for the response.
      Yes except that the translation did not refer to the signatures and the seals on the original one. I do not think that is the real problem because I was following the format suggested by an attorney and that format was not requiring those signatures and seals translation. At the end it was also certified by a friend of mine who is fluent in both languages.

This is confusing me

Comment

I received a similar RFE for my birth certificate's translation which I already included in my original filing. After consulting a lawyer, I asked a friend to write a certification on top of the original translation just in case, then submitted the same documents again. They soon resumed working my case. No more questions asked.

If you're certain that you did everything correctly, no need to overthink. They might have misplaced a page or had some confusion dealing with all those files.
        Good luck!

Comment

I received an RFE for my birth certificate last week and I know I included it with my package. It is already in English so no translation is necessary. I just resent the same document a couple days ago and it was delivered today. I just assumed they misplaced it or didn?t look through my documents thoroughly. I?ll have to see if my case status updates in a another day or two.
          Marriage based AOS:Concurrent Filing
          Field Office: San Antonio,TX
          04/09/18: PD
          04/18: Checks cashed
          04/30: Biometrics complete
          05/03: RFIE Mailed
          06/24: "Fingerprint review completed"
          10/06: SR
          10/10: Contacted Congressman
          11/01: RFIE received (egov update)
          11/08: "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
          11/26: EAD is being produced
          11/30: EAD mailed
          12/03: SS in hand
          12/06: EAD in hand
          11/29: Interview scheduled
          01/03/19: Interview date (approved on the spot)

Comment

Originally posted by SpeakLow View Post
            I received a similar RFE for my birth certificate's translation which I already included in my original filing. After consulting a lawyer, I asked a friend to write a certification on top of the original translation just in case, then submitted the same documents again. They soon resumed working my case. No more questions asked.

If you're certain that you did everything correctly, no need to overthink. They might have misplaced a page or had some confusion dealing with all those files.
            Good luck!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I think they have not noticed my birthcertificate in the documents and that it why I got that RFE.
            This time I will submit a more formal translation along with some additional documents like affidavits from my parents and secondary school certificates to make sure I am on the safe side.
            May I know how long after you submitted the response to your RFE you heard back from USCIS regarding approval or interview of your case?

Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by ghorbam View Post
              Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I think they have not noticed my birthcertificate in the documents and that it why I got that RFE.
              This time I will submit a more formal translation along with some additional documents like affidavits from my parents and secondary school certificates to make sure I am on the safe side.
              May I know how long after you submitted the response to your RFE you heard back from USCIS regarding approval or interview of your case?

Thank you again
              You're welcome.
              It's been 11 months since they received my response to the RFE. Still waiting for my interview to be scheduled
              I filed from New York. According to USCIS website it'll take at least 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsCW28 View Post
                I received an RFE for my birth certificate last week and I know I included it with my package. It is already in English so no translation is necessary. I just resent the same document a couple days ago and it was delivered today. I just assumed they misplaced it or didn?t look through my documents thoroughly. I?ll have to see if my case status updates in a another day or two.
                Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Hope you hear from the USCIS soon. I appreciate if you please let me know when the case statues is updated by the USCIS.

Wish you best of luck,

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SpeakLow View Post
                You're welcome.
                It's been 11 months since they received my response to the RFE. Still waiting for my interview to be scheduled
                I filed from New York. According to USCIS website it'll take at least 12 months.
                Wow 11 months and no update yet!?
                I thought after submitting the RFE response, the USCIS soon would move to the next step of scheduling the interview! (I wish)

Hope you will hear from USCIS a good news soon. Wish you best of luck.

Comment

I got the same RFIE even though I submitted a BC colored copy with everything written in English. Can anyone suggest if I should resend the same thing again or do some additional stuff.

Thanks

Comment

surprisingly I am not the only one going through this situation, so any update on your case? did you get your GC?

Comment

Hi, I’ve got the same RFE letter, I am sure it was submitted with the application. Did you ever knew what was it that they needed? How do I know what the problem is with mine? Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X