Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I485 application package

Hi,

Lawyers suck these days. My lawyer gave a basic AOS package when applied. I am now working on my table of contents which will be much bigger. I am wondering are you able to mail more info to USCIS before the interview or do I just wait to present it all at the interview now.

I have been ?ready to schedule interview?. But am very bored as no EAD insight, PD is feb20-2018.
    My lawyer is very good at filling out uscis forms but thats all apparently.

Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
    Hi,

Lawyers suck these days. My lawyer gave a basic AOS package when applied. I am now working on my table of contents which will be much bigger. I am wondering are you able to mail more info to USCIS before the interview or do I just wait to present it all at the interview now.

I have been ?ready to schedule interview?. But am very bored as no EAD insight, PD is feb20-2018.
    AOS is about filling in forms and sending them to USCIS. That is all a lawyer can do because that is all there is to it. They charge you several thousand dollars to fill out forms with information provided by you.

Comment

Hi,

You mean the lawyer didn?t make you include evidence of Bonafide Marriage in the package? If so then you are not alone. My lawyer did the same thing. I got so scared when I read that USCIS could raise an alarm but came a across a couple and few people that didn?t include evidence of bonafide marriage but took it with them during the interview and they are fine

Comment

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
        You mean the lawyer didn?t make you include evidence of Bonafide Marriage in the package? If so then you are not alone. My lawyer did the same thing. I got so scared when I read that USCIS could raise an alarm but came a across a couple and few people that didn?t include evidence of bonafide marriage but took it with them during the interview and they are fine
        Yup, I am not scared but sure seems there is a higher correlation in 2018 with those who sent more info initially and how fast their case is going. I mean I have all documents ready just waiting, again my lawyer thought why send it early ?pay me now and we do the forms asap? vs wait 3days send more complete application package.

Only reason I used a lawyer was fear for filling out a form wrong or so, I would never do it again. Since he confused the process on 3 forms to start with and forums like this have way better information.

Comment

Yup, I am not scared but sure seems there is a higher correlation in 2018 with those who sent more info initially and how fast their case is going. I mean I have all documents ready just waiting, again my lawyer thought why send it early ?pay me now and we do the forms asap? vs wait 3days send more complete application package.

Only reason I used a lawyer was fear for filling out a form wrong or so, I would never do it again. Since he confused the process on 3 forms to start with and forums like this have way better information.
          Yes I used a Lawyer too fearing I would fill out the forms incorrectly. And you are right, it seems the people the front loaded are having their cases dealt with faster than those that didn?t.

Comment

Hi,

Let me know if you need a second set of eyes to look through your table of contents. Feel free to send a private message with a link to the thread/table of contents.

All the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X