Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!!!

Hey,

I just received a Request for Initial Evidence from the UCISC for my i-485 application. This is the response from them:

" - Submit all supporting tax documentation(w2,1099, form 2555, all supporting documents) submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year
    The petitioner/sponsor must submit all supporting tax documents for the most recent tax year
    - Based on the documents submitted with form I-864, affidavit of support, for the petitioner/sponsor, the income did not meet 125% of the poverty guideline for the petitioner/sponsor's household size. "

background:
    - my husband sponsored me and had very little income for 2017. We used my income as the household income and it is well above the 125% guideline.
    - we are a household of just 2
    - I submitted our joint taxes for 2017, my W-2 and taxes for 2016 and 2015, employment verification letter, etc..

I'm wondering, what should I do now? Should I just resubmit the documents I submitted before?

I can get a joint sponsor, but I am unsure if we should use it. Are there any cons of using a joint sponsor? Does it make the case look bad?

Please let me know what needs to be done
    I really appreciate all your responses

Originally posted by GCissues2018 View Post
    Hey,

I just received a Request for Initial Evidence from the UCISC for my i-485 application. This is the response from them:

" - Submit all supporting tax documentation(w2,1099, form 2555, all supporting documents) submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year
    The petitioner/sponsor must submit all supporting tax documents for the most recent tax year
    - Based on the documents submitted with form I-864, affidavit of support, for the petitioner/sponsor, the income did not meet 125% of the poverty guideline for the petitioner/sponsor's household size. "

background:
    - my husband sponsored me and had very little income for 2017. We used my income as the household income and it is well above the 125% guideline.
    - I submitted our joint taxes for 2017, my W-2 and taxes for 2016 and 2015, employment verification letter, etc..

I'm wondering, what should I do now? Should I just resubmit the documents I submitted before?

I can get a joint sponsor, but I am unsure if we should use it. Are there any cons of using a joint sponsor? Does it make the case look bad?

Hey there. Sorry to hear that. Are you working legally? Because if you are not then your income does not qualify.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey,

background:

Oh and there are no cons to using a Joint sponsor at all. It won?t change your case.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
      Hey there. Sorry to hear that. Are you working legally? Because if you are not then your income does not qualify.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and there are no cons to using a Joint sponsor at all. It won?t change your case.
      Thank you for your response. I am on F-1 OPT and am working legally. I have an EAD card. This is why I was so confused. I contacted an L2 officer and they told me they don't think my income could be used because I'm the intending immigrant, which is so silly.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I am on F-1 OPT and am working legally. I have an EAD card. This is why I was so confused. I contacted an L2 officer and they told me they don't think my income could be used because I'm the intending immigrant, which is so silly.
        Yes. Just use a joint sponsor. Good luck with everything.

Comment

Yes. Just use a joint sponsor. Good luck with everything.
          Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

Do you know if a joint sponsor is required to also go to the interview??

Comment

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

Do you know if a joint sponsor is required to also go to the interview??
            No a joint sponsor is not required to go to the interview. It doesn?t matter who the joint sponsor is. It could be your neighbor, your boss, any of your husband?s family members. As long as they are US citizen or green card holders and their income qualifies. Make sure you get one that qualifies to sponsor you so you won?t get another RFIE.

Comment

No a joint sponsor is not required to go to the interview. It doesn?t matter who the joint sponsor is. It could be your neighbor, your boss, any of your husband?s family members. As long as they are US citizen or green card holders and their income qualifies. Make sure you get one that qualifies to sponsor you so you won?t get another RFIE.
              Awesome. Yeah she's a greencard holder and her income is significantly over the requirement. I really hope I don't get another RFIE now.. this process has been so frustrating.

Do you also think when I respond to this RFIE I should resubmit the entire 864 package sent before from my husband? Or just the tax documents + supporting documents along with the joint sponsors application, tax documents, etc?

Thanks!

Comment

The intending immigrants income can be used as long as it is from a legal source (EAD) and would continue even after LPR status granted ( basically you would need a letter from your employer stating they would still employ you even it you changed status to LPR). But since you have joint sponsor it may be easier to use them than try to push your point with the USCIS.

Comment

Awesome. Yeah she's a greencard holder and her income is significantly over the requirement. I really hope I don't get another RFIE now.. this process has been so frustrating.

Do you also think when I respond to this RFIE I should resubmit the entire 864 package sent before from my husband? Or just the tax documents + supporting documents along with the joint sponsors application, tax documents, etc?

Thanks!
                  Yes. Just submit everything like you would submit a new I864. You need two i864. One from your husband and one from your joint sponsor. I would include your husband?s pay stubs and w2 too like before. I say give them as much as possible to avoid another RFIE. They can throw away whatever they don?t want.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
                    The intending immigrants income can be used as long as it is from a legal source (EAD) and would continue even after LPR status granted ( basically you would need a letter from your employer stating they would still employ you even it you changed status to LPR). But since you have joint sponsor it may be easier to use them than try to push your point with the USCIS.
                    Thanks guys for all your help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X