Urgent Question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Question please

I currently have my one year Employment Authorization Card and social security card ( the provisional, one year long) I'm still waiting to hear from USCIS about my interview.
    I'm Adjusting status through marriage.
    Before I submitted my I485 I was out of status since my tourist visa had expire many years ago.
    I'm Traveling to El Paso Tx, form Dallas. My question is about the check point. On my way back to Dallas from El Paso at the check point, they ask if you are a citizen. My answer will obviously be NO.
    But I'm not sure what to say. I'm Driving with my 4 year old who is a citizen.
    any idea as to what kind of documents should I bring for the check point.

Originally posted by AIRAM9514 View Post
    I currently have my one year Employment Authorization Card and social security card ( the provisional, one year long) I'm still waiting to hear from USCIS about my interview.
    I'm Adjusting status through marriage.
    Before I submitted my I485 I was out of status since my tourist visa had expire many years ago.
    I'm Traveling to El Paso Tx, form Dallas. My question is about the check point. On my way back to Dallas from El Paso at the check point, they ask if you are a citizen. My answer will obviously be NO.
    But I'm not sure what to say. I'm Driving with my 4 year old who is a citizen.
    any idea as to what kind of documents should I bring for the check point.
    Take all the receipts with you that you received after you submitted your application, your EAD and advance parole. Make sure you have as much as possible. The current state of immigration is not pretty so I would be cautious as much as I can.

Comment

About Advance Parole

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
      Take all the receipts with you that you received after you submitted your application, your EAD and advance parole. Make sure you have as much as possible. The current state of immigration is not pretty so I would be cautious as much as I can.

I did not get AP, since I was out of status and have no plans of living the country, until I get an Interviewed and have a green card.
      It was my understanding that AP is useful if you need to travel out of USA. And that if you are out of status could not apply for Advance Parole?
      You are right about the current state of immigration that is my main concern.
      Plan on bringing my Employment Authorization, social Security card, Driver license,( will be driving down there), my USCIS Notices. My daughters birthcertificate, My marriage certificate.
      Last edited by AIRAM9514; 06-05-2018, 08:49 PM. Reason: Added paperwork info

Comment

Originally posted by AIRAM9514 View Post
        I did not get AP, since I was out of status and have no plans of living the country, until I get an Interviewed and have a green card.
        It was my understanding that AP is useful if you need to travel out of USA. And that if you are out of status could not apply for Advance Parole?
        You are right about the current state of immigration that is my main concern.
        one can still apply for AP through marriage if they are out of status. Anyways you don?t have it so that?s fine. Make sure you have your state ID, all three receipts you received because those show that you have a pending case and your EAD As well as your passport.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
          one can still apply for AP through marriage if they are out of status. Anyways you don?t have it so that?s fine. Make sure you have your state ID, all three receipts you received because those show that you have a pending case and your EAD As well as your passport.
          I totally forgot about my Mexican passport, which thank god I got at the consulate in Dallas before I sent my paperwork.
          Thanks so much for answering.
          And lets hope I get I decent human being at the check point.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X