HELP! Philadelphia, PA Filers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Philadelphia, PA Filers!

Hello everyone, I've been a silent reader of this blog for a few months now and really like how everybody helps all member of this community.

My situation is the following...
    My AOS packet (Marriage based) was delivered on August 7th, 2017 to the Chicago, IL lockbox.
    Basically, more than 300 Days since they received it and counting...

Process Timeline :

Aug 3rd - Filed I-485, I-130, I-693, and I-864 concurrently to Chicago Lockbox (from Franklin County, PA)

Aug 7th - USCIS received AOS Package

Aug 11th - Checks Cashed

Aug 14th - Electronic Acceptance on e-mail

Aug 17th - Receipt Notice received with Receipt number starting MSC - Status reads as Fingerprint Fee Received for I-485

Aug 25th - Received biometrics appointment

Sep 8th - Attended biometrics appointment

Oct 27th - Status updated on Form I-765 to "New Card Is Being Produced"

Nov 1st - Status updated on Form I-765 to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

Nov 2nd - Received Approval Notice on I-765 (EAD)

Nov 4th - Received Employment Authorization Card on the mail

Nothing after that...

If there are any AOS applicants with Philadelphia as their field office, please share your experience, timeline, advice or any relevant info.

I'm not sure how long it usually takes in order to receive interview appointment. also, when I try to check the status online for my I-485, it says: "Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
    User-Defined Error"

Also, My EAD expires by the end of October. but it takes about 3 months to process an application for an EAD, since I don't know my case status (don't know how long it will take to get my interview notice) and I have not received an interview notice, should I try to renew it before it expires? How should I go about renewing it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. If any Philly AOS filers read this, please let me know how long does it usually take to get an interview and how the interview process went.

Originally posted by delarosafamily View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been a silent reader of this blog for a few months now and really like how everybody helps all member of this community.

My AOS packet (Marriage based) was delivered on August 7th, 2017 to the Chicago, IL lockbox.

Process Timeline :

Aug 3rd - Filed I-485, I-130, I-693, and I-864 concurrently to Chicago Lockbox (from Franklin County, PA)

Aug 11th - Checks Cashed

Aug 17th - Receipt Notice received with Receipt number starting MSC - Status reads as Fingerprint Fee Received for I-485

Nothing after that...

If there are any AOS applicants with Philadelphia as their field office, please share your experience, timeline, advice or any relevant info.

I'm not sure how long it usually takes in order to receive interview appointment. also, when I try to check the status online for my I-485, it says: "Validation Error(s)

User-Defined Error"

Also, My EAD expires by the end of October. but it takes about 3 months to process an application for an EAD, since I don't know my case status (don't know how long it will take to get my interview notice) and I have not received an interview notice, should I try to renew it before it expires? How should I go about renewing it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. If any Philly AOS filers read this, please let me know how long does it usually take to get an interview and how the interview process went.
    Hey there I don?t know if you are aware but you do have an extension on your EAD based on AOS adjustment through Marriage. I believe it is 180 days. Make sure your employer is aware of this so they won?t terminate you. You are supposed to renew your EAD 90 days before it expires.
    I?m not filing from Philly but I know it can take up to 15 months for an interview to be scheduled.

I hope I have answered a few of your questions.

Comment

Process Timeline :

Aug 11th - Checks Cashed

Nothing after that...

User-Defined Error"

That is a very long waiting... Did you call them? My 485 is validation error too. I called the level 2. Well, not very helpful. Just saying it is still under review.
      Did you try the new website: uscis myaccount? You have to create an account again to see your case status. I found it is the most up-to-date one.
      You can put a SR I guess If you think it is out of normal range.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pittsburgh PA office
      PD: 1/10/2018
      Bio: 2/10/2018
      Courtesy letter: I 693 missing: 2/10/2018
      User-defined error for I485: 3/26/2018
      131 and 765 approved: 6/1/2018
      Received Combo card: 6/5/2018
      Interview was scheduled: 9/7/2018

Comment

Hey, I am from philly as well. Below is my timeline. Same here when I check my i-485 status, I get this message "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information."

12/19/2017: Application sent
        12/27/2017: Application Received
        1/8/2018: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
        1/12/2018: Three letters of the receipt in mail*
        1/20/2018: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
        2/02/2018: Biometric Appointment
        2/8/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview. Online update only. I don't have the interview date yet.
        4/19/2018: i-485 form has "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information."
        5/16/2018: New Card Is Being Produced
        5/26/2018: Received EAD card
        Adjusting from H1-b, married to USC, Philadelphia, PA

12/19/17: App sent
        12/27/17: App Received
        1/8/18: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
        1/12/18: 3 letters of the receipt in mail
        1/20/18: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
        2/02/18: Biometric Appointment
        2/8/18: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview.
        5/16/18: New Card Is Being Produced
        5/26/18: Received EAD card
        12/20/18: Interview scheduled.
        1/24/19: Interview completer; approved on the spot

Comment

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
          Hey there I don?t know if you are aware but you do have an extension on your EAD based on AOS adjustment through Marriage. I believe it is 180 days. Make sure your employer is aware of this so they won?t terminate you. You are supposed to renew your EAD 90 days before it expires.
          I?m not filing from Philly but I know it can take up to 15 months for an interview to be scheduled.

I hope I have answered a few of your questions.
          Thank you very much for the info, I didn't know about the extension and I just saw it on the uscis web page. I was told it can take anywhere from 12 to 17 months for the interview.

Yes, you did answer a few of my questions, thank you for taking the time to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by pantherwindy View Post
          That is a very long waiting... Did you call them? My 485 is validation error too. I called the level 2. Well, not very helpful. Just saying it is still under review.
          Did you try the new website: uscis my account? You have to create an account again to see your case status. I found it is the most up-to-date one.
          You can put a SR I guess If you think it is out of normal range.
          Thank you for the info. I called today and spoke to someone live, they told me my case has been ready for an interview since April 2018 and they said I could receive the interview notice any time.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ks1204 View Post
          Hey, I am from philly as well. Below is my timeline. Same here when I check my i-485 status, I get this message "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information."

12/19/2017: Application sent
          12/27/2017: Application Received
          1/8/2018: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
          1/12/2018: Three letters of the receipt in mail*
          1/20/2018: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
          2/02/2018: Biometric Appointment
          2/8/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview. Online update only. I don't have the interview date yet.
          4/19/2018: i-485 form has "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information."
          5/16/2018: New Card Is Being Produced
          5/26/2018: Received EAD card
          Looks like you filed a few months after we did. I'll definitely keep you posted on my case so you have an idea on what to expect. I spoke to someone live today and got the most recent update. They said my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (Last update was in April this year). At this point, We could receive our interview letter any time.

Comment

Wake UP PHILADELPHIA, There is NO Sequence ?????

Hello Guys,
            i'm a PhilADELPHIA filer as well, My priority date SEPTEMBER 18 , 2017.
            Ready to schedule for interview since November 1st 2017, i sent everything at the same time ,So there was no RFE.
            i saw another people file later BUT get Interview schedule before me. Thats insane. I talked to Level 2 Officer But NOTHING CHANGED.

Anyone from Philadelphia Around same Priority date , Share your experience please.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Did you register on the new website https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Do you see your 485 status change on this webiste?

Thank you for the info. I called today and spoke to someone live, they told me my case has been ready for an interview since April 2018 and they said I could receive the interview notice any time.

- - - Updated - - -
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Pittsburgh PA office
              PD: 1/10/2018
              Bio: 2/10/2018
              Courtesy letter: I 693 missing: 2/10/2018
              User-defined error for I485: 3/26/2018
              131 and 765 approved: 6/1/2018
              Received Combo card: 6/5/2018
              Interview was scheduled: 9/7/2018

Comment

Update

I just wanted to update everyone reading.
                I have one of those apps that will track you case for you (USCIS Case app for Android) and my I-485 status update says on July 2nd, my case was scheduled for an interview and on July 9th, I received my interview notice in the mail saying our interview will be held on August 9th. I'll keep you guys posted. 👍🏼

Comment

FP 12/22 interview august 1 2018 Philadelphia

Comment

Originally posted by janioluvv8 View Post
                    FP 12/22 interview august 1 2018 Philadelphia
                    How did your interview go? What questions did they ask? Details please jeje

Comment

Hey, do you have any updates? how was your interview? I still haven't heard from them yet.

How did your interview go? What questions did they ask? Details please jeje
                      Adjusting from H1-b, married to USC, Philadelphia, PA

12/19/17: App sent
                      12/27/17: App Received
                      1/8/18: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
                      1/12/18: 3 letters of the receipt in mail
                      1/20/18: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
                      2/02/18: Biometric Appointment
                      2/8/18: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview.
                      5/16/18: New Card Is Being Produced
                      5/26/18: Received EAD card
                      12/20/18: Interview scheduled.
                      1/24/19: Interview completer; approved on the spot

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X