Interview with a new born baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with a new born baby

Finally I got scheduled for i485 interview with my spouse, but we have a new born baby now. Can we take him to interview together? Is there a restriction on that?

Originally posted by klimpt View Post
    Finally I got scheduled for i485 interview with my spouse, but we have a new born baby now. Can we take him to interview together? Is there a restriction on that?
    The baby's physical evidence haha JK!

I'd probably get someone to watch the baby but take the BC with you. Last thing you want to do is annoy the ISO. If you've got an attorney it might be worth asking them.
    Last edited by Randomdude; 06-10-2018, 09:56 PM.
    Marriage based AOS concurre
    Feb 2017 - Date received
    Feb 2017 - RFE received
    March 2017 - Biometrics completed
    April 2017 - RFE response received case no longer on hold
    April 2017 - Case is being scheduled for interview
    May 2017 - AP/EAD received:
    March 2018 - AP/EAD forms sent for renewal
    Sept 2018 - AOS interview scheduled.
    Oct 2018 - AOS interview
    Nov 2018 - Green card in hand

Comment

Originally posted by klimpt View Post
      It's all laugh and giggles until the baby has to do #1, #2, #3 (puke), or baby starts crying because he/she needs to be fed, and you have to interrupt your interview for that. The birth certificate and documentation of a relationship are probably more important than bringing the baby along. The ISO will still want to see both spouses names on medical records, day care records. There's been cases of folks who show up with a child and little documentation thinking that "baby = green card". USCIS cares the child is listed on all financial evidence.
      Others might tell you the child is proof of the viability of the marriage. That's not what this is about. It's about entering the marriage in good faith and not to evade immigration laws.
      If you have no other option, go for it. You're going to get a hung jury on this question. There are ISOs that will be annoyed you brought the child. There are others who will be swayed by the presence of the child.
      Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 06-11-2018, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Find a babysitter

Originally posted by Randomdude View Post
        The baby's physical evidence haha JK!

I'd probably get someone to watch the baby but take the BC with you. Last thing you want to do is annoy the ISO. If you've got an attorney it might be worth asking them.
        I don't think your attorney would appreciate being asked to babysit your child...
        2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
        4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
        4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
        4/19: Request to expedite EAD
        5/11: Received EAD
        6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
        8/09: Advance Parole approved
        8/29: Scheduled for Interview
        10/11: Interview
        10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
        10/16: Sent new G28
        10/19: Approved!

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          It's all laugh and giggles until the baby has to do #1, #2, #3 (puke), or baby starts crying because he/she needs to be fed, and you have to interrupt your interview for that.
          YMMV. My adjudicating officer interrupted the other interviews going on in the other interview rooms, calling the other IO's over to coo at the baby and take turns holding her

Comment

Originally posted by ember View Post
            I don't think your attorney would appreciate being asked to babysit your child...
            The question was should they bring the attorney? My answer was ask them whether or not to bring them. I didn?t imply asking the attorney to babysit. Smh

As crazy as it sounds there are incompetent attorneys out there and it wouldn?t surprise me if there are attorneys who tell their client to actually bring the child. Especially the new young ones or pro bono ones.
            Feb 2017 - Date received
            Feb 2017 - RFE received
            Oct 2018 - AOS interview

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
              YMMV. My adjudicating officer interrupted the other interviews going on in the other interview rooms, calling the other IO's over to coo at the baby and take turns holding her
              Of course, YMMV. I wrote that on my post. Can you guarantee that will always be the case? No.
              OP asked for opinions. I gave mine. Did not open a thread to debate my thoughts on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am almost positive Randomdude meant - If you've got an attorney, it might be worth asking them whether bringing the baby is a good idea. BUT I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomdude View Post
                The question was should they bring the attorney? My answer was ask them whether or not to bring them. I didn?t imply asking the attorney to babysit. Smh

As crazy as it sounds there are incompetent attorneys out there and it wouldn?t surprise me if there are attorneys who tell their client to actually bring the child. Especially the new young ones or pro bono ones.
                HAHA, sorry! My bad!
                Yes, you're right, there are plenty of inexperienced attorneys who might suggest it. I guess it also depends on your baby, some sleep a lot and are very peaceful. But, why risk it?
                2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
                4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
                4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
                4/19: Request to expedite EAD
                5/11: Received EAD
                6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
                8/09: Advance Parole approved
                8/29: Scheduled for Interview
                10/11: Interview
                10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
                10/16: Sent new G28
                10/19: Approved!

Comment

HAHA, sorry! My bad!
                  Yes, you're right, there are plenty of inexperienced attorneys who might suggest it. I guess it also depends on your baby, some sleep a lot and are very peaceful. But, why risk it?
                  Exactly. Why risk it? But hey, every mind is a world of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                    I am almost positive Randomdude meant - If you've got an attorney, it might be worth asking them whether bringing the baby is a good idea. BUT I could be wrong.
                    Where's that ******** like button? haha!

HAHA, sorry! My bad!
                    No worries. Heck incompetence isn't just limited to inexperience there ares some that have years of practice yet haven't learned a thing such as who their clients are.

Good luck OP!
                    Feb 2017 - Date received
                    Feb 2017 - RFE received
                    Oct 2018 - AOS interview

Comment

[QUOTE=Randomdude;570159]Where's that ******** like button? haha!

LOL Donde esta el LIKE button?!?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X