USCIS.GOV account locked for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS.GOV account locked for no reason

My USCIS.GOv account just got locked. I log in at least every other day or sometimes after 2 days. I mainly use the case tracker. Why is it locked without many wrong attempts? When I try to follow the procedure to create another password an error message comes up. Has anyone experienced this?

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
    My USCIS.GOv account just got locked. I log in at least every other day or sometimes after 2 days. I mainly use the case tracker. Why is it locked without many wrong attempts? When I try to follow the procedure to create another password an error message comes up. Has anyone experienced this?
    I personally haven't come across that issue. But an avenue to check is Emma, it's USCIS' virtual assistant. You can ask it questions and you get answers, sometimes they're useless, other times they're helpful.

Go to this link https://www.uscis.gov/emma and then click on the "Need Help?" icon and it'll open a chat box. Type in that you're locked out of your account and it'll guide you through some options.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Does it say "IP address locked out"? That happened to us because we were using the Case tracker app, and we were both using the same account. You can reset your router, which should reassign IP addresses to your router and phones.

Comment

it normal.they do it for security every few months. just reset password.
        JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

Originally posted by gunit123 View Post
          it normal.they do it for security every few months. just reset password.
          I tried to reset the password but it says in Invalid Username and when I prompt them to email me my user name, they send the exact user name they are rejecting. It?s really bizarre.

Comment

I tried to reset the password but it says in Invalid Username and when I prompt them to email me my user name, they send the exact user name they are rejecting. It?s really bizarre.
            I don't want to raise your hopes BUT that sounds like a validation error. The Interview notice might be coming your way.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              I don't want to raise your hopes BUT that sounds like a validation error. The Interview notice might be coming your way.
              I will welcome whatever at this point. I just finished speaking to a really nice level 1 officer and she did tell me I485 is still at ?case ready to be scheduled for interview?. She just scheduled me for a level 2 officer to call me and help me out with my account. She told me they have been having technical difficulties as of late and that could be why i can?t log in..

Comment

I think it's just technical difficulties

As much as I would love for you to get an Interview Notice (and me, too!) I don't think it's the same as the validation errors that some have been seeing that come before those lovely notices. I was also locked out of my account for no apparent reason. I changed my password and got in - still no updates and I am only at the "Biometrics Reviewed" stage, not even "Ready to Be Scheduled"
                2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
                4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
                4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
                4/19: Request to expedite EAD
                5/11: Received EAD
                6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
                8/09: Advance Parole approved
                8/29: Scheduled for Interview
                10/11: Interview
                10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
                10/16: Sent new G28
                10/19: Approved!

Comment

Originally posted by ember View Post
                  As much as I would love for you to get an Interview Notice (and me, too!) I don't think it's the same as the validation errors that some have been seeing that come before those lovely notices. I was also locked out of my account for no apparent reason. I changed my password and got in - still no updates and I am only at the "Biometrics Reviewed" stage, not even "Ready to Be Scheduled"
                  Well. Thank you .. 😩😩. I?m hoping for an EAD at least by end of the month. It has been tough not working. They can take time on the interview for now.

Comment

Hi - My uscis accoutn is locked, i raised a complaint with uscis to reste it. I got a call from 2028382200 asking if i had issues with my account. I thought it was spam and ignored it because uscis is not suppoed to call us directly. However immd after the call i got automated email from uscis saying that your issue was resolved. I believe it ws uscis indeed who attempted to reach me. Has anyone had similar experience where uscis called you from above number to unlock your acct?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X