Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overstayed visa

Hi there,

I overstayed my tourist visa (July 2015) and now i have the interview to get my green card. Ive read in news about people that have gone to the interview and have been arrested/deported, now im afraid of whats gonna happen. Is anyone with a similar case? what happened? did you get your green card? im soo scared.

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by purples View Post
    Hi there,

I overstayed my tourist visa (July 2015) and now i have the interview to get my green card. Ive read in news about people that have gone to the interview and have been arrested/deported, now im afraid of whats gonna happen. Is anyone with a similar case? what happened? did you get your green card? im soo scared.

Thank you in advance.
    You came here legally. Your adjustment of status prevents you from being deported unless if you have an outstanding warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by purples View Post
      Hi there,

Thank you in advance.
      The news is pretty good at scare tactic. You'll be fine unless you have an active warrant for something but if that was the case I'm sure ERO would've already picked you up.

As noted above your AOS prevents you from getting deported while the AOS is pending. Worse case scenario they'll deny you and you can refile or they could issue you an NTA (Notice to Appear for immigration court) which isn't all that common for AOS unless there's some sort of fraud suspicion.
      Marriage based AOS concurre
      Feb 2017 - Date received
      Feb 2017 - RFE received
      March 2017 - Biometrics completed
      April 2017 - RFE response received case no longer on hold
      April 2017 - Case is being scheduled for interview
      May 2017 - AP/EAD received:
      March 2018 - AP/EAD forms sent for renewal
      Sept 2018 - AOS interview scheduled.
      Oct 2018 - AOS interview
      Nov 2018 - Green card in hand

Comment