BioMetrics Walk-In Procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioMetrics Walk-In Procedures

Hello. Does anyone have experience with Biometrics walk-in? Specifically at the Baltimore ACS? My wife received a letter/appointment, but unfortunately I'm out of town that week and provide all the transportation for my family, plus she isn't comfortable traveling alone and isn't confident in her English. I think her English is fine, but that's another story. Have people walked in for their biometrics, do you recommend getting there early planning to be there all day, are phone numbers available? I was thinking of taking off work one day and going on a Friday. And if we can't be seen, we'll send in the form for reschedule. Also, has anyone sent the form for a reschedule, but still did the walk-in to be safe? Any advice and experiences are greatly appreciated!
    Marriage based AOS - I-130, I-485, I-756 Filed Concurrently - Chicago Lockbox

05/22/18: Forms Sent Via FedEx
    05/29/18: Forms Received
    05/29/18: Priority Dates
    05/31/18: Credit Card Charged
    06/07/18: Received NOAs for receipt of applications
    06/15/18: Biometrics appointment received for 6/29/18
    06/19/18: Biometrics completed via walk-in
    06/29/18: Received courtesy letter for I-693
    07/07/18: Received email stating interview was scheduled/interview notice to be mailed

Walk in is fine

Hi! So I did my biometrics a week before my scheduled appearance in Oakland, CA. I went there first thing in the morning and it went very smooth. No questions asked. Everybody was very accommodating and very polite. Your wife should be fine, unless if that office is always busy and strict with their policy.
    Goodluck!
    B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
    FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
    4/20/18 Received 4 letters
    5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
    5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
    9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
    9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
    9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
    9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
    9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
    2/17/19 Traveled abroad
    3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
    3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
      Hi! So I did my biometrics a week before my scheduled appearance in Oakland, CA. I went there first thing in the morning and it went very smooth. No questions asked. Everybody was very accommodating and very polite. Your wife should be fine, unless if that office is always busy and strict with their policy.
      Goodluck!
      Thanks for the reply. Think we're gonna go w/the walk-in route. Get there early b4 the office even opens

07/07/18: Received email stating interview was scheduled/interview notice to be mailed

Comment

I did a walk-in at the Raleigh N.C. ASC. The procedure was simple; all I had to do was show the notice to the security person who gave me a form to fill out. I asked her if they could accommodate walk-ins and (glancing over at the empty waiting room), she said "Were clearly slammed, but I am sure we can fit you in."

Comment

Originally posted by longee94 View Post
          I did a walk-in at the Raleigh N.C. ASC. The procedure was simple; all I had to do was show the notice to the security person who gave me a form to fill out. I asked her if they could accommodate walk-ins and (glancing over at the empty waiting room), she said "Were clearly slammed, but I am sure we can fit you in."
          Thanks for the reply. After all the feedback I?ve gotten, and from what I?ve seen in other forums, walk-in looks safe and the plan going forward. Gonna get to the center b4 they open.

Comment

Biometrics Completed!

My wife and daughter completed their biometrics via walk-in on today! I was nervous at first because the officer was very adamant about registering 8am and 9am appointments during those hours only, forcing folks with later appointments to have seats. But after about 2.5 hours, she let all of us in line.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X