June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom18 View Post
    Oh thanks I believe that am expecting news of my interview before the 3rd of this month
    I wouldn't be surprised if you did. Those three updates usually take weeks and then BAZAAM - Interview Scheduled. So I think you guys are about to get hit.

Make sure to go overboard. Well, that's just my humble dogmatic opinion. I posted links to resources for Keldrems below this post. The table of contents that Emerald 2020 is the Gold Standard. The evidence is sorted into 3 main categories. You don't have to attempt to match every piece of evidence. Take what applies to you. The most important thing is to get ideas out of those examples and get creative. I do recommend writing full sentences and explaining what each piece of evidence is proof of. It's not USCIS' job to connect the dots for you.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if you did. Those three updates usually take weeks and then BAZAAM - Interview Scheduled. So I think you guys are about to get hit.

Make sure to go overboard. Well, that's just my humble dogmatic opinion. I posted links to resources for Keldrems below this post. The table of contents that Emerald 2020 is the Gold Standard. The evidence is sorted into 3 main categories. You don't have to attempt to match every piece of evidence. Take what applies to you. The most important thing is to get ideas out of those examples and get creative. I do recommend writing full sentences and explaining what each piece of evidence is proof of. It's not USCIS' job to connect the dots for you.

All the best,

USCFFS
      Thanks, am already following the links up

Comment

• Thanks for the info

[QUOTE=UScitizenFilingforspouse;576183]
        Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
        HI there... Was just curious... Since you have been scheduled for an interview what's the status of your i-765/EAD..?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see any issues with your case. Did you submit all your evidence of bona fide marriage with your AOS applications?

I also wanted to clarify that "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" is not the same as "We are scheduling your interview" OR "Interview scheduled"

"Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" means the case is complete as far as the NBC is concerned AND whenever the field office requests the file, the NBC will schedule the interview. The background checks may or may not be ALL finished. I know that because we filed on 03-16-18. Biometrics walkin on 04-12-18. Then 04-13-18; we reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case. Then, later we learned from a Tier 2 officer that the background checks cleared on 06-28-18. Had we had a fast field office like Cleveland, OH., we would have been scheduled for interview and gotten to it with incomplete background checks.

"We are scheduling your interview" is more of an interim update and we don't see it often. My best guess is that the case gets dropped into the scheduling queue and there aren't enough slots available so it stays there.

"Interview scheduled" is self-explanatory.

You hit the nail on the head... Yes I did submit all necessary evidence... Thanks for the explanations I guess u should just take it easy which isn't easy to do lol... Between congrats on your update... Wow!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by keldreams View Post
        Holy sh*t you guys! So I literally just now checked my case status on the USCIS site and lo and behold...
        [ATTACH]1296[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1297[/ATTACH]

The I-130 and I-131 just says application received... does this mean my card is going to be delayed or produced? Weird...

Wowzaaaaaa!!! Congrats!!! You have the fastest time line ever lol... Go prep for your interview... Keep winning... Congrats again

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom18 View Post
          . Congratulations on your update
          WoW!! Congrates !! you really hit the record !! Can I ask which city is your @Tom18 field office ? Thanks
          Last edited by jatra; 08-02-2018, 11:25 PM. Reason: clearer question

Comment

• Wow Congrates !! Which city is your field office @keldreams ?

[QUOTE=ArizonaStarsAndStripes;576217]
            Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post

You hit the nail on the head... Yes I did submit all necessary evidence... Thanks for the explanations I guess u should just take it easy which isn't easy to do lol... Between congrats on your update... Wow!

- - - Updated - - -

Wowzaaaaaa!!! Congrats!!! You have the fastest time line ever lol... Go prep for your interview... Keep winning... Congrats again

Comment

• [QUOTE=jatra;576327]

Oklahoma city

Comment

• Wow!

Wow thank you so much for all this well organized and valuable info! I?ll definitely be bookmarking those links to have as a reference when our interview is due. Hopefully the quick timeline I?m experiencing continues! When I filed my applications my lawyer gave me a checklist of all evidences to gather and make copies of to send with my applications. Do you know if I still need to put together a binder package with a table of contents again to bring to the interview? It?s looking like I do from all those threads! My lawyer told me we will go over interview procedure and all things needed when our interview gets scheduled. He?s been fantastic about crossing every t and sorting all i?s so I?m pretty confident about how he will coach me.

I can?t express my gratitude enough to everyone on this thread who are sharing their experiences... it really helps while waiting for the responses from USCIS. xoxo and blessings to all!

Thank you! It's pretty exciting. We actually just woke up to two status updates from

the dhs website. It actually says "We approved your case" under the I-765 & I-131. It's nice to see they updated both. Our change of address was also FINALLY confirmed in the middle of the night - so the combo card will come to MinneSLOWta. I love this state - frozen tundra and all, but the field office serves 4 states. I wish they would just complain and say it's too much to handle. But that's not the Minnesota spirit. We will keep at it until we break.

*Read my response to Tom18. Your interview is coming.

These threads contain everything you need to file all the required evidence of bona fide marriage with your AOS package - as required by the I-130 instructions page 3/12.(See screenshot below). You will find very useful tips on how to stage your evidence for your initial filing and for your interview.

1. This thread was started by Mr.Diaz., who got approved 5 minutes after leaving the interview. DACA recipient. Marriage based AOS. Raleigh, NC field office.
                General tips from test driving the route to the field office to a primer on Table of contents.

2. Thread by Helpmylife - Notice of Intent to Deny.
                Case is pending as of 05/13/18.
                Includes objective discussion on USCIS expectations.
                Your job vs. the ISO's job.

*Edit 07-11-18, just a few days ago, helpmylife informed the forum that the 10 year green card had been approved.
                There is a lot to learn from helpmylife?s experience. Like I told him, it would all be fine, and it?s all fine now, but after having been in his shoes, I strongly recommend not leaving anything to chance.

3. Thread by Scifan
                USCitizenFilingForSpouse's Table of Contents
                Good discussions.

Thread by chicago1978. Case is pending as of 05/13/18. I expect a positive outcome here. This is a true marriage. Hands down. *Short engagement.

5. Thread by jzgr24. Approval on the spot. Marriage based AOS. B1/B2 visa. Interview scheduled promptly. Cleveland, OH., field office. Jzgr24 has impressive organization skills. Realized they had more evidence than they thought and put it all together in a matter of days. Insane.
                You can find the Table of Contents I used as a guide. *Must see.

6. Thread by Herewecome & spouse. Approved on the spot. Amazing job with their Table of contents. They nailed this interview with an industrial grade nail gun. That's the best I can put it.

7. Oklahoma city Filer. Approved on the spot. Great advice provided.

8. Thread by Tezza. Approved on the spot. This case is remarkable because their interview was scheduled within 2 to 3 months. Tezza did not have a lease, and presented several notarized affidavits of residence to prove that they lived with his wife?s parents. He also presented an Advanced health care directive. I highly recommend this document. USCIS takes it very seriously. Bottom line is that they maximized the evidence they had available. They focused on evidence dating back to when they first met until the adjustment of status interview. (It?s sort of the way you would present evidence for a k-1 visa)

9. Thread by Hotaru-Grace. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...010#post576010
                There is great advice here. Make it easy for the Immigration Services Officer to approve you. There is no such thing as overpreparing.

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** Use this thread Table of contents as a guide **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ***
                10. Thread by Emerald 2020. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...view-scheduled Her table of content is very complete. All elements are there. I strongly recommend using it as a guide.
                **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **

EXHIBIT 1
                EVIDENCES OF COMINGLING :
                JOINT TAX RETURN; PAY STUBS; JOINT CHECKING /CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT; FOREIGN PENSION SAVINGS NEXT OF KIN/BENEFICIARY; LIFE AND ACCIDENTAL INSURANCE; LIVING WILL/ADVANCED HEALTHCARE DIRECTIVE; AND BANK STATEMENTS

(1. A). JOINT TAX RETURN
                2017 Joint Tax return

(1. B). SPOUSE BENEFICIARY PAY STUBS, W2 AND 1099
                Spouse beneficiary?s pay stubs from various employers from July 2017 to July 2018 W2s and 1099.

(1.C). JOINT CHECKING ACCOUNT/ JOINT CREDIT CARD
                *Joint Checking Account Agreement
                *Joint Checking account with xxxx
                *Join Credit Card with xxxx. With both the Petitioner and spouse beneficiary as authorized users.
                *Evidence Joint Checking xxxxx registered for online payments.

(1.D). FOREIGN PENSION NEXT OF KIN/BENEFICIARY
                *Spouse beneficiary foreign pension deposit online account listing the Petitioner as the next of kin.
                *Notarized "Deed of Gift" of the pension savings of the Spouse beneficiary with the Petitioner as a major beneficiary of the gift. (Notarized document attached)

(1.E). LIFE AND ACCIDENTAL INSURANCE POLICIES
                *Spouse beneficiary xxxx Insurance policy with Petitioner as the beneficiary.
                *Petitioners? xxxx Insurance policy with the spouse beneficiary as the beneficiary.
                *Xxxx Family Accident Life Insurance policy that covers all of us. (Spouse beneficiary, Petitioner and our two daughters)
                *Xxxx Insurance policies for Petitioners' daughters bought by the Petitioner and spouse

(1.F). LIVING WILL/ADVANCED HEALTHCARE DIRECTIVE
                *The Spouse beneficiary designate and appoint Petitioner as the attorney-in-fact to act as his agent to make health care decision for him.
                *The Petitioner designate and appoint spouse beneficiary as the attorney-in-fact to act as his agent to make health care decision for her.

(1.G). BANK STATEMENT BILLS/RENT /PREMIUM PAYMENT HIGHLIGHTS
                *xxxx Joint account. **statement from December 2017 to July 2018, with highlight of money spent on family expenses.
                *Spouse Beneficiary?s Personal checking account ** , statement highlighting some of the bills paid and insurance premiums from September 2017.
                *Spouse Beneficiary?s Personal checking account ** statement highlighting some of the bills paid.

EXHIBIT 2
                EVIDENCE OF COHABITATION:
                JOINT LEASE; JOINT GAS ACCOUNT; ELECTRIC RESIDENTIAL SERVICE ACCOUNT; JOINT MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATION ACCOUNT; EVIDENCES OF RECEIVING MAILS AT THE ADDRESS

(2. A). JOINT LEASE
                *Copy of lease agreement listing Spouse Beneficiary & Petitioner as joint tenants at (July 2017 to August 2018)
                *Certificate of Rent Paid issued by Leasing Manager to Spouse Beneficiary and Petitioner.
                *Copies of rent bills, Money Orders and Cashier?s checks of rent paid between July 2017 to July 2018 with names of Petitioner and spouse beneficiary on it with stamped from the leasing office as receipts of payment.
                *Proof of joint Gmail account

(2. B). JOINT GAS ACCOUNT
                *Name of Gas Company -xxx
                *Account and Bills in the name of Spouse beneficiary and Petitioner.
                Account details
                *Profile Page
                *Copy of Gas bill- Billing date July 2017 to July 2018.Displays Spouse Beneficiary & Petitioner as joint account holders.

(2.C). JOINT ELECTRIC RESIDENTIAL SERVICE ACCOUNT
                *Name of Electric Service Provider: xxxx
                *Account and Bills in the name of Petitioner
                Online account username: xxxxxx @gmail.com
                Monthly electric bills: Date July 2017 to July 2018
                Bills payment with Spouse Beneficiary's Personal checking account ** . And xxxxx Joint account. ***. (Highlighted in the bank statement attached to Exhibit 1.G)

(2. D). JOINT MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATION ACCOUNT
                *Name of Service Provider ?
                *Account and Bills in the name of Spouse beneficiary.
                *Family Account details showing mobile numbers of Petitioners and Spouse beneficiary, in the family account.
                Billing & Payment from 12/2017 to 07/2018, with Spouse Beneficiary's Personal checking account **. And xxxx Joint account. **. (Highlighted in bank statement attached to Exhibit 1.G)
                *Account Setting showing Petitioner and Spouse beneficiary mobile lines and joint email address: [email protected]

(2.E) EVIDENCE OF RECEIVING MAIL AT SAME ADDRESS AND HAVING UNRESTRICTED ACCESS TO EACH OTHER?S MAIL THROUGH USPS INFORMED DELIVERY ACCOUNT.
                *USPS Informed delivery daily digest account with joint email address: [email protected]
                *USCIS Form I-797C, Notice of Action addressed to Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary received at xxxxxxxxx
                *Spouse Beneficiary?s Employment Authorization Document and Advance Parole approval notice received at xxxxx
                *Copies of several mails delivered to both of us at the same address-xxxx

EXHIBIT 3
                EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:
                EMERGENCY CONTACTS INFORMATION; JOINT MEMBERSHIP; AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, RECEIPTS OF PURCHASE; EMAIL COMMUNICATION EVIDENCES OF RELATIONSHIP

(3.A). EMERGENCY CONTACTS INFORMATION
                *Spouse beneficiary listed on the STUDENT REMOVAL/EMERGENCY CARD AND GENERAL RELEASE at xxxxx Unified School District for the Petitioners' two daughters.
                *Spouse beneficiary listing the Petitioner as his emergency contact with his employers.

(3.B). JOINT MEMBERSHIPS
                *Joint Amazon Prime Account - Household Page shows Petitioner & Spouse
                *Online account membership summary
                Joint Sam?s Club
                *Copy of both membership cards

(3.C). AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
                *One from a Minister and 2 Notarized from friends.

(3. D). RECEIPTS OF PURCHASE
                *Receipt and email confirmation of flower bought by spouse beneficiary for petitioners? mother's burial (May 2017)
                *Receipt of our first piece of furniture - in our names. (July 2017)

(3. E). MAILS & EMAIL COMMUNICATION EVIDENCES OF RELATIONSHIP
                *1st year wedding Anniversary goodwill Mails from friends received at our apartment address.
                *Copies of email communication between spouse beneficiary on & Leasing Manager confirming the execution of the current lease and notice to enter unit. And other related issues confirming both Petitioner and Spouse beneficiary lives in the apartment
                *spouse beneficiary emails exchange with xxxx Pension company requesting the change of next of kin from his ex-wife to his son as of March 2016.
                *spouse beneficiary emails exchange with xxxx Pension company requesting the change of next of kin to the Petitioner as of June 2017.
                *Spouse beneficiary email exchange with his Attorney, who handled the assignment of preparing "Deed of Gift" with Petitioner as the major beneficiary and documents notarized.
                *between spouse beneficiary and insurance broker representing the interest of the family when life insurance policies were purchased in 2017.
                *Emails from Spouse beneficiary and his family and friend abroad mentioning the Petitioner.

PICTURES
                Pictures: Separate Photo Album

Civil Documents Separate folder.
                - - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much! I?m crossing my fingers and tying to put out positive vibes! Good luck to you as well!

[QUOTE=ArizonaStarsAndStripes;576217]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=jatra;576327]
                My field office is San Francisco.
                DACA approved: 12/2014
                I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 apps. sent: 6/28/2018
                NOA receipt notices received: 7/13/2018
                I-485- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview.: 8/1/2018
                I-765/I-131- Card received.: 10/26/2018
                11/5/19- INTERVIEW SCHEDULED/NOTICE LETTER RECEIVED!
                12/9/19- Interview/approval on same day/card being produced.
                12/12/19- (email) GC being mailed to me notice received.
                12/13/19- (email) USPS picked up card in mail.
                12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

• USCIS case tracker app for iphone

Does anyone have the USCIS case tracker app for iPhone? Is it worth using? I haven?t created an account on the official USCIS website yet... should I? Thoughts?
                  12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by keldreams View Post
                    Does anyone have the USCIS case tracker app for iPhone? Is it worth using? I haven?t created an account on the official USCIS website yet... should I? Thoughts?
                    Yup, the USCIS case tracker app is much more consistent with updates. Most of us around here have
                    View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

In addition to the case tracker app.

You want to create an account. You will be able to see more detailed updates and actions. Sometimes you see actions that do not necessarily lead to a status update, but at least you see your case is moving forward.

Comment

• I just did my biometrics yesterday 08/02, it took me literally less than 6 mins, from the start to the end. I'm glad I didnt have to wait in line or stay there for hours.
                      I'm a F2A and I know the wait is super long now. Until I get my green card and stuffs I expect another year (pd 05/22/17). Should I be worried if My OPT will end 08/15 this month? This equal me either : - going to school for another year or staying at home including not working,driving or doing anything. I'm not sure if I don't choose to go to school, it will after my status or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by sinyanmei92 View Post
                        I just did my biometrics yesterday 08/02, it took me literally less than 6 mins, from the start to the end. I'm glad I didnt have to wait in line or stay there for hours.
                        I'm a F2A and I know the wait is super long now. Until I get my green card and stuffs I expect another year (pd 05/22/17). Should I be worried if My OPT will end 08/15 this month? This equal me either : - going to school for another year or staying at home including not working,driving or doing anything. I'm not sure if I don't choose to go to school, it will after my status or not?
                        Hi,

I don?t know what your area of studies is but if it comes under STEM, you can apply for STEM OPT extension which is 2 years. If It gets approved then you can get a new EAD card valid for 2 years which you can use to work and renew driving license.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Yeah, I?ve just been using the check my case status update on the dhs website.. I?ll create and account too and use the case tracker app along with it...

Yup, the USCIS case tracker app is much more consistent with updates. Most of us around here have
                          View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

In addition to the case tracker app.

You want to create an account. You will be able to see more detailed updates and actions. Sometimes you see actions that do not necessarily lead to a status update, but at least you see your case is moving forward.
                          12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by dude101 View Post
                            Hi,

I don?t know what your area of studies is but if it comes under STEM, you can apply for STEM OPT extension which is 2 years. If It gets approved then you can get a new EAD card valid for 2 years which you can use to work and renew driving license.

Hope this helps.
                            Hi, thanks for the info but I'm not under STEM, my major is graphic design so I can't apply to extend my OPT time unfortunately

Comment

• EAD Card in production

Today my application status for I-765 changed to new card is in production. I think the expedite request helped in making this process quicker for me. Thankfully now I wont loose my job next month if the EAD is shipped to me. I hope that you guys get your updates for your EAD soon.
                              (Concurrent filing : I-485, I-131, I-765, I-130 based on marriage to USC)

Documents Sent Chicago dropbox (Fed-ex) - 6/8/18
                              PD - 6/14/18
                              Received 4 NOAs - 6/20/18
                              Biometrics appointment - 7/20/2018 (USCIS Seattle)
                              EAD Expedite Request - 7/20/2018
                              I-485 ready to be scheduled for interview - 7/24/2018
                              I-765 status changed to New card in production - 8/6/2018
                              Combo card in Hand - 8/13/18

Comment

• If c9 category EAD auto-renewal

Originally posted by knishant1990 View Post
                                Today my application status for I-765 changed to new card is in production. I think the expedite request helped in making this process quicker for me. Thankfully now I wont loose my job next month if the EAD is shipped to me. I hope that you guys get your updates for your EAD soon.
                                Hello

I am glad your card is in production. However, it was automatically renewed for 6 mths if your category was C9. So the renewal receipt could be used to remain in the job longer. Nonetheless nothing beats having the exact card.
                                7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                                10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                                7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                                8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                                5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X