No announcement yet.

June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you saying irrespective if how the case maybe someone can still send an SR to get his/her EAD earlier. Sent mine: 6/27/18
    Biometrics done and still waiting for for my ead and interview too but case still says fingerprint fee recieved over 4weeks now since biometrics.
    Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    I am by no means discrediting your attorney's law degree. Most lawyers will tell you to wait your turn. There is no set number of days that you have to wait before submitting a request to expedite. You can even request emergency travel at your USCIS field office, and if all your evidence is there, they will issue an emergency travel document the same day.

Your lawyer probably means "it's too early in your case to submit a Service Request or SR because you are still within processing times". See, before the switched to the new processing times, they would tell you as of August 1st, 2018 we are from processing cases with priority date of 01-31-18. They would entertain SRs if your priority date was 01-30-18 or earlier. That option is no longer available. You are never going to be outside of processing times.

I have no reason to lie to you or misinform you. Those who have followed my advice to expedite and how to do it, have had their EAD/AP approved.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      I am by no means discrediting your attorney's law degree. Most lawyers will tell you to wait your turn. There is no set number of days that you have to wait before submitting a request to expedite. You can even request emergency travel at your USCIS field office, and if all your evidence is there, they will issue an emergency travel document the same day.

Your lawyer probably means "it's too early in your case to submit a Service Request or SR because you are still within processing times". See, before the switched to the new processing times, they would tell you as of August 1st, 2018 we are from processing cases with priority date of 01-31-18. They would entertain SRs if your priority date was 01-30-18 or earlier. That option is no longer available. You are never going to be outside of processing times.

I have no reason to lie to you or misinform you. Those who have followed my advice to expedite and how to do it, have had their EAD/AP approved.
      I am sorry, I didn't mean to come off snippy. I came to this forum because we were confused and my lawyers advice seemingly contradicted with what I was seeing online. We were starting to wonder if our case was moved to the back of the line, in the law office's priority list, since they normally resolve themselves. We felt like once the processing times changed from, our lawyer stopped talking about expedition as an option. What is the consequence if an SR is denied for the EAD?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomgreen_84 View Post
        I am sorry, I didn't mean to come off snippy. I came to this forum because we were confused and my lawyers advice seemingly contradicted with what I was seeing online. We were starting to wonder if our case was moved to the back of the line, in the law office's priority list, since they normally resolve themselves. We felt like once the processing times changed from, our lawyer stopped talking about expedition as an option. What is the consequence if an SR is denied for the EAD?
        No worries! Your post was not snippy or rude. I get it. It's confusing to have your lawyer telling you one thing and then, find out on this forum that you could in fact file a request to expedite on Monday. I see now that the tone of my previous post is dry. My apologies. I was just trying to be efficient there.

Here is the link to the USCIS page that talks about Emergency Travel. https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...ergency-travel

Here is the link to USCIS page on Expedite Criteria. https://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-im...edite-criteria

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

If you have a job offer, there is no reason to wait. You can request to expedite. Financial hardship is also another reason to expedite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ola123456 View Post
          Are you saying irrespective if how the case maybe someone can still send an SR to get his/her EAD earlier. Sent mine: 6/27/18
          Biometrics done and still waiting for for my ead and interview too but case still says fingerprint fee recieved over 4weeks now since biometrics.
          Ola we dey the same booth oh, the thing tire me oh

Comment

No worries! Your post was not snippy or rude. I get it. It's confusing to have your lawyer telling you one thing and then, find out on this forum that you could in fact file a request to expedite on Monday. I see now that the tone of my previous post is dry. My apologies. I was just trying to be efficient there.

Here is the link to the USCIS page that talks about Emergency Travel. https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...ergency-travel

Here is the link to USCIS page on Expedite Criteria. https://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-im...edite-criteria

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

If you have a job offer, there is no reason to wait. You can request to expedite. Financial hardship is also another reason to expedite.
            Awesome!! Thanks so much. So is there a downside or consequence if the SR is denied?

Comment

Are you saying irrespective if how the case maybe someone can still send an SR to get his/her EAD earlier. Sent mine: 6/27/18
              SRs are different from a request to expedite. You may request to expedite for a valid reason at any time.

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks so much. So is there a downside or consequence if the SR is denied?
                SRs are useless these days. They?re also addressed within 30 days.
                If you have a reason to expedite, then call and request that. It?s handled faster

Comment

• Hi Guys....

Originally posted by Tom18 View Post
                  Ola we dey the same booth oh, the thing tire me oh
                  With the way you sound am guessing we are from the same country oh lol.... The thing tire me sef oh...this is 48days since my PD... Done my biometrics and it hasn't even updated yet lol... Am just waiting and praying... Ola and Tom I hail... It is well ☺

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                    With the way you sound am guessing we are from the same country oh lol.... The thing tire me sef oh...this is 48days since my PD... Done my biometrics and it hasn't even updated yet lol... Am just waiting and praying... Ola and Tom I hail... It is well ☺
                    Bro. We just need to dey hope oh say something good will be ours this week Amem

Comment

SRs are different from a request to expedite. You may request to expedite for a valid reason at any time.
                      Oh!! My fault for confusing the two terms. Can a denied request to expedite be held against an application? Sorry for pesting you so much!

Comment

Oh!! My fault for confusing the two terms. Can a denied request to expedite be held against an application? Sorry for pesting you so much!
                        LOL, I really need to add more emojis to my messages. No, a denied request to expedite will not influence "regular" processing of your application.
                        However, requests to expedite are rarely denied if you present the evidence to back it up.
                        Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-19-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Lol abi ooo well God is on our side. Is there an email i can connect u on Tom and you too Arizonastars.
                          Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post

Comment

Lol abi ooo well God is on our side. Is there an email i can connect u on Tom and you too Arizonastars.
                            Here it is guys: [email protected]

Comment

LOL, I really need to add more emojis to my messages. No, a denied request to expedite will not influence "regular" processing of your application.
                              However, requests to expedite are rarely denied if you present the evidence to back it up.
                              How do we go about filing a request to Expedite?
                              Marriage based Greencard - Concurrent filing
                              06/11/2018 - Sent forms via USPS Expedited
                              06/14/2018 - Priority Date
                              06/21/2018 - USCIS cashed check
                              06/25/2018 - USCIS 4 NoAs received by mail
                              07/07/2018 - Received Biometrics appointment for 07/20/2018
                              07/09/2018 - Biometrics done on a walk-in
                              07/19/2018 - REF requesting I-864 received
                              07/26/2018 - I-864 mailed
                              07/30/2018 - USPS confirmation I-864 received

Comment

Lol abi ooo well God is on our side. Is there an email i can connect u on Tom and you too Arizonastars.
                                Amen bro... Here's my email [email protected]... God bless

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X