June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donny_29 View Post
    No. It's Arizonastarandstrip that said his wife is pregnant.
    OK, depleting bank account it is. And reach out to your senator.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      OK, depleting bank account it is. And reach out to your senator.
      Must I send in it or can just ignore not sending anything.

Comment

Must I send in it or can just ignore not sending anything.
        I am not sure how to respond to this. I am trying to be helpful but you've got to do your own footwork, too. If they send you a letter asking for evidence to support your request to expedite... why would you ignore it?

Comment

I am not sure how to respond to this. I am trying to be helpful but you've got to do your own footwork, too. If they send you a letter asking for evidence to support your request to expedite... why would you ignore it?
          Thank you so much for the insight

Comment

• Help!!

Is having a job offer enough reason for requesting to expedite? I always ask the same but, I think I will get an offer soon, for a company that I really want to work for, and I already asked me about the visa thing (I guess having an accent and experience from another country is a give away).
            Financial hardship is also an issue - but will prefer not to send my banking information, just the job offer. My case is adjustment based on CAA, not marriage/family based.
            I want to call USCIS and ask what I should do, but you guys are really helpful, so thought about asking here first. I sent my application back on July 24th, I don't have a PD, as the CAA doesn't have a cap.

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact

Click on the link and select Arizona you'd see 2 senators pop up select the first one which will take you to his homepage and you're good to go.

Thanks a lot... God bless

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                Thanks a lot... God bless
                You're welcome. The lady just called me from the senators office but missed the call... She left me a message to call her back. Will you contact the senators office

Comment

• Originally posted by lolita0001 View Post
                  Is having a job offer enough reason for requesting to expedite? I always ask the same but, I think I will get an offer soon, for a company that I really want to work for, and I already asked me about the visa thing (I guess having an accent and experience from another country is a give away).
                  Financial hardship is also an issue - but will prefer not to send my banking information, just the job offer. My case is adjustment based on CAA, not marriage/family based.
                  I want to call USCIS and ask what I should do, but you guys are really helpful, so thought about asking here first. I sent my application back on July 24th, I don't have a PD, as the CAA doesn't have a cap.

Thanks!!!!!
                  Your case is a little different BUT I would still call USCIS and request to expedite, then enlist your senator for assistance.

Comment

• So you would request the expedite due to financial hardship and explain that you have a job offer (say you have to pay bills and stuff). I did that and they just requested a copy of the job offer and nothing else.

Originally posted by lolita0001 View Post

Thanks!!!!!
                    - - - Updated - - -

I am very sorry to hear about this...

Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
                    Well my life has taken a new turn,
                    Last night caught my wife cheating on me.. now in morning my new ssn came in... i am so lost right now.. i dont know why even i am writing on this page.

Comment

• Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
                      Well my life has taken a new turn,
                      Last night caught my wife cheating on me.. now in morning my new ssn came in... i am so lost right now.. i dont know why even i am writing on this page.
                      Well, I am sorry to hear that. That sucks. Work through it, though. There are all kinds of label-free marriages out there. You just have to decide what works for you. Seek couple's therapy and discuss how to move forward from here.

Comment

Yes, sorry. I didn't realize you were not F-1. The employment letter does not have to be an elaborate letter. It can just be an email offering you the job. The job also does not have to be a fancy job. ANY JOB will do. Some people have gotten lucky. They call to expedite based on financial hardship and they get the "New Card is being produced" status update shortly after. They never had to present evidence.

If you do not have an employment letter, you can try the financial hardship route. USCIS may or may not entertain it, but that does not matter. That's why you would enlist the help of your Senator right after placing the request to expedite.
                        Major props, man, very helpful responses.

I am a UScitizen who filed for wife's green card. Her priority date is June 13th and last update was July 16th. We don't need EAD as much as we need the AP. Need the AP asap, but seems we may get it in December.

Anyway to expedite this? My wife doesn't have any medical letter to use and I believe they don't accept invitation to a marriage as a reason to expedite AP.

I was thinking maybe she can get a job offer in her industry and we can try to expedite the EAD as you mentioned and at the same time try to expedite AP for the combo card. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but wanted your opinion. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ariza View Post
                          Major props, man, very helpful responses.

I am a UScitizen who filed for wife's green card. Her priority date is June 13th and last update was July 16th. We don't need EAD as much as we need the AP. Need the AP asap, but seems we may get it in December.

Anyway to expedite this? My wife doesn't have any medical letter to use and I believe they don't accept invitation to a marriage as a reason to expedite AP.

I was thinking maybe she can get a job offer in her industry and we can try to expedite the EAD as you mentioned and at the same time try to expedite AP for the combo card. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but wanted your opinion. Thanks
                          Sure, here is the link to the Expedite Criteria https://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-im...edite-criteria
                          It will probably easiest for your spouse to get a job - ANY JOB. It does not even have to be her dream job - literally, COSTCO customer service will do the trick. When you call to expedite, you can just ask to expedite both because you would like her to get the combo card. She should call herself actually.
                          Once you place the request to expedite for both, ask the rep or Emma to provide you with the referral IDs. Then enlist your Senator to inquire on your wife's behalf.

Footnote - there are folks with PD June 2018 are already getting their combo cards. So there's that.
                          All the best,

USCFFS

ps: You are correct - a wedding is not a reason to expedite. You can try though.

Comment

You're welcome. The lady just called me from the senators office but missed the call... She left me a message to call her back. Will you contact the senators office
                            HI there... Which of the senators did you call? Flake or the other one? Cos I can see both are Republicans and flake isn't pro immigration but the other guy is a little pro... I'd wait till I hear from Uscis... U can call them back and go ahead anyways

Comment

HI there... Which of the senators did you call? Flake or the other one? Cos I can see both are Republicans and flake isn't pro immigration but the other guy is a little pro... I'd wait till I hear from Uscis... U can call them back and go ahead anyways
                              Why would you wait to hear from USCIS? Donny does not have to wait. There is no need to waste time if you already got referral ID numbers.

Comment

I called the office today and the lady that picked told me am still within the range of the processing time. She said EAD now take 4-6 months so all I have to do is wait. She said if it's more than 6months and I didn't get the card that's when they can do it for me but for now that I should just wait.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X