June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donny_29 View Post
    From what I read online RFE pauses the clock but RFIE reset the clock back to zero. Am not sure it works that way though cos most people with rfie still get their cases processed within normal time.
    And why should they reset your clock? It's a service which u paid for and not a free thing so they can't do that. RFE or RFIE I don't believe they can start u all over again for any reason man.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
      And why should they reset your clock? It's a service which u paid for and not a free thing so they can't do that. RFE or RFIE I don't believe they can start u all over again for any reason man.
      You can Google it and see for yourself. I pray the rfie doesn't delay the EAD though.

Comment

You can Google it and see for yourself. I pray the rfie doesn't delay the EAD though.
        You could think of the RFIE this way. Because you did not include required initial evidence, it would be unfair to let you keep your spot next to others who included ALL required initial evidence. Instead of rejecting it or issuing a NOID, they're giving the chance to submit the missing required initial evidence which should reset the clock because it's almost as if you had not filed anything. Your filing was not complete.

I am extrapolating from what I've read. I don't have case studies or memorandums to back up what I just wrote.

Comment

From what I read online RFE pauses the clock but RFIE reset the clock back to zero. Am not sure it works that way though cos most people with rfie still get their cases processed within normal time.
          What make you think so ?
          I posted this elsewhere and I will post it - in part - here too

Begin here :
          I also got an RFIE per original email stating RFIE was mailed and what I got the actual document in the mail it clearly reads Request for Initial Documents . Fast forward to when I gathered documents, mailed it back to Homeland Security and finally got the email from HSD it read in part :

?Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review

On October 12, 2018, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number **** **** **** . Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to .... ?

I hope you see how they use RFIE and then later use RFE. I think they are the same! People are just creating in their heads that they are different and spreading rumors. Focus on your AOS ! respond rob RFE/RFIE as promptly as you can , send all documents they request, send it to the address that?s listed and you should be fine. ENDS HERE

I will also post the thread https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...230#post587230
          There?s so much he say she says when it comes on to USCIS / DHS
          ALL THE BEST
          C9 Spouse of USC
          NYC Filer
          04/13/18 - PD
          05/04/18 - Bio notice
          05/23/18 - Bio completed
          09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
          09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
          10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
          10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
          10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
          10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
          10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
          11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
          11/26/18 - NOA for I765
          11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
          12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
            What make you think so ?
            I posted this elsewhere and I will post it - in part - here too

Begin here :
            I also got an RFIE per original email stating RFIE was mailed and what I got the actual document in the mail it clearly reads Request for Initial Documents . Fast forward to when I gathered documents, mailed it back to Homeland Security and finally got the email from HSD it read in part :

?Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review

On October 12, 2018, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number **** **** **** . Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to .... ?

I hope you see how they use RFIE and then later use RFE. I think they are the same! People are just creating in their heads that they are different and spreading rumors. Focus on your AOS ! respond rob RFE/RFIE as promptly as you can , send all documents they request, send it to the address that?s listed and you should be fine. ENDS HERE

I will also post the thread https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...230#post587230
            There?s so much he say she says when it comes on to USCIS / DHS
            ALL THE BEST
            It's not a rumor. See for yourself. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...e/casemgmt.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              It's not a rumor. See for yourself. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...e/casemgmt.pdf
              Well , based on what other post here , some stories of which I have posted, clock was never reset.
              C9 Spouse of USC
              NYC Filer
              04/13/18 - PD
              05/04/18 - Bio notice
              05/23/18 - Bio completed
              09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
              09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
              11/26/18 - NOA for I765
              11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
              12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• So this means RFE is different based on what USCFFS posted.

RFE initial evidence restarts the clock when u respond to it.

RFE additional evidence pauses the clock and continues when u respond.

Lol... So initial evidence starts your 90day clock back to zero? We that have spent 141days processing will be taken back to zero and start again? This is funny.

I won't disturb myself anyways... Shalom

Comment

• I believe both of you. Sometimes this people can be funny... Can't imagine that after waiting for months they'd restart the clock. I just hope it all work for our favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                  So this means RFE is different based on what USCFFS posted.

Lol... So initial evidence starts your 90day clock back to zero? We that have spent 141days processing will be taken back to zero and start again? This is funny.

Both of them are very correct. I feel it's all depend on the officer handling the case.

Comment

So this means RFE is different based on what USCFFS posted.

Hahahha PLEASE DON?T disturb yourself 🤣
                    C9 Spouse of USC
                    NYC Filer
                    04/13/18 - PD
                    05/04/18 - Bio notice
                    05/23/18 - Bio completed
                    09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                    09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                    11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                    11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                    12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
                      Well , based on what other post here , some stories of which I have posted, clock was never reset.
                      There's no argument. I am just sharing what that memo says. Best thing is to address RFIE/RFE right away. Truth is no one should be submitting incomplete applications. Yet, so many people here rush through filling out the forms and never read directions. *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        There's no argument. I am just sharing what that memo says. Best thing is to address RFIE/RFE right away. Truth is no one should be submitting incomplete applications. Yet, so many people here rush through filling out the forms and never read directions. *sigh*
                        Well you should also know nobody is perfect including you. Mistakes can be made by anyone... That's why we are human... We Err

Comment

Well you should also know nobody is perfect including you. Mistakes can be made by anyone... That's why we are human... We Err
                          Despite the fact that am using an attorney who prepared everything for me I still got rfie it's so painful... I feel some of this immigration attorney know nothing.

Comment

Despite the fact that am using an attorney who prepared everything for me I still got rfie it's so painful... I feel some of this immigration attorney know nothing.
                            Bro it's just what I said... Its foresight. Don't blame him... Anyone can make a mistake... Its why we are human and not robots.

Comment

Bro it's just what I said... Its foresight. Don't blame him... Anyone can make a mistake... Its why we are human and not robots.
                              I know people make mistakes but with all his years in immigration stuff he still made me got RFE. Am still awaiting update that they've received it.

Comment

It's not about perfection. It's about taking the time to understand the process, read the instructions and diligently put together a complete petition. It's necessary to point out how detrimental a RFIE/RFE can be. USCIS recently raised the bar. Do not forget that officers now have discretion to straight out deny a case that lacks initial required documentation. It helps others to hear the importance of filing a complete Adjustment of Status petition.

It takes longer to process to process a case that requires one or multiple RFEs. It slows you down and everyone else. That adjudicator has to keep going back to your case when they could be processing cases that do not lack any required initial evidence.

We even delayed submitting our package in order to ensure that everything was in order. That's all I have to say.
                                Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 11-21-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X