June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    Congrats on your EAD! Hopefully it's the combo card. I would actually call and ask for a level 2 to make sure it is the combo card. It would be very silly to not approve your AP.

I fully support your recommendation. USCIS is so inconsistent, though. I have read of at least 3 people who called, spoke to a level 1 - simply said "financial hardship" and soon after that call, they got the "New Card is being produced" notification. In the mean time, they took their sweet time with ours, too.

ANYWAY... it's coming. Even though you got that notification, cards are produced by overnight staff. Thus, it's not too late to call and request that the AP is approved, too. It takes the same background checks to approve either one.
    Actually, I forgot to mention that I first called to ask for expedite request around July 21, and in a couple of days, I received an email in which they were asking me to complete my biometrics (which I did on July 2). So after a full day of talking to Level 2 officers, it turns out the field office did not update/input my bio for my I 765. They only did it for my I 485. So, I had to wait for them to do so, and I had to raise another expedite request in 30 days.

Bottom line: If I didn't call to ask for expedite process for my EAD, they wouldn't have noticed that my bio is not in the system for the I 765, and the (regular) process would have taken so much longer. I am not sure if this has happened to somebody before, but I was very surprised by this.

Anyway, fingers crossed for all of us in this journey. You sure need a lot of patience and perseverance.
    Marriage to USC-based AOS

USCIS - Chicago, IL
    Documents Sent (USPS)- 6/1/18
    Received by USCIS - 6/4/18
    Received 4 NOAs in mail - 6/15/2018
    Biometrics appointment letter - 6/22/2018
    Biometrics appointment - 7/2/2018
    EAD Expedite Request - 8/21/2018
    EAD card being produced - 9/17/2018
    Combo card in hand - 9/23/2018
    I 485 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - 9/20/2018
    Interview Scheduled Notification - 11/2/2018
    Interview - 12/13/2018
    GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

• No updates until now

Hi everyone, any updates on your EAD? I haven?t received any updates on mine 😔

PD: 6/18
      Biometrics: 7/12 (walk in)
      Case ready to be scheduled interview: 8/7

Now my status is stuck 😔

Comment

• Originally posted by gjv View Post
        Hello and Thank you! I think you cannot expedite only based on outside of normal processing time (either way, now the processing times are so long, 5-7 months). But I am not sure about this. From what I know, there are 7 reasons to ask for an expedite process of your EAD, and one is "severe financial hardship to individual or company". This is the one I choose, because I have a job offer, and I was supposed to start working on September 4th, so I faxed them as proof my job offer letter, among other things, as I mentioned in my original email. I explained them my severe financial hardship in a cover letter. And also, as I mentioned before, reaching out o congressman surely sped up this process, otherwise I would be still waiting, I am sure.

Do you have a job offer? That would be a great reason to expedite.

Good luck!

That's interesting... I think I asked something about this a while ago but never got a response about it here... So if I have a job offer I can expedite the EAD... But have u previously been working in the US before now under H1B or F1 status? I'd really love to know cos if it's your 1st job offer then am really going to expedite my process lol... Thanks for the previous input. So I guess expediting under Financial hardship to oneself doesn't raise any red flags after all. Hmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
          That's interesting... I think I asked something about this a while ago but never got a response about it here... So if I have a job offer I can expedite the EAD... But have u previously been working in the US before now under H1B or F1 status? I'd really love to know cos if it's your 1st job offer then am really going to expedite my process lol... Thanks for the previous input. So I guess expediting under Financial hardship to oneself doesn't raise any red flags after all. Hmmmmmm
          Hello again

I am actually adjusting from an F1 status. I just graduated on August 16, 2018, and was supposed to start working (my first real job) on September 4. During my PhD these past 3 years, I worked as a research assistant, so I did have some income.

I have had the job offer letter since May 23rd. The basis of my expedite request was that starting August 16, I lost my income as a research assistant, and I really needed to start working ASAP at my new job. The company's VP also provided me with a letter that explained why they need my start working due to my skills, and they have a large project that requires me working on it, and other stuff like this. But again, I have waited for almost 3 weeks after my initial expedite request in which nothing happened. So after calling our congressman's office, within exactly 1 week, I got the notification that new card is being produced.

So definitely, if you have a job offer letter, and explain to USCIS why you (or even the company, or both) are in severe financial hardship, that is a very good basis for expediting. And definitely reach out to your congressman/senator, it will surely help.

One last thing, not sure why you said that "So I guess expediting under Financial hardship to oneself doesn't raise any red flags after all." This should not be a problem in the whole process as long as you provide proof and explain your situation.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to share what I learnt in all this.

USCIS - Chicago, IL
          Interview - 12/13/2018
          GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

Hello again

I am actually adjusting from an F1 status. I just graduated on August 16, 2018, and was supposed to start working (my first real job) on September 4. During my PhD these past 3 years, I worked as a research assistant, so I did have some income.

I have had the job offer letter since May 23rd. The basis of my expedite request was that starting August 16, I lost my income as a research assistant, and I really needed to start working ASAP at my new job. The company's VP also provided me with a letter that explained why they need my start working due to my skills, and they have a large project that requires me working on it, and other stuff like this. But again, I have waited for almost 3 weeks after my initial expedite request in which nothing happened. So after calling our congressman's office, within exactly 1 week, I got the notification that new card is being produced.

So definitely, if you have a job offer letter, and explain to USCIS why you (or even the company, or both) are in severe financial hardship, that is a very good basis for expediting. And definitely reach out to your congressman/senator, it will surely help.

One last thing, not sure why you said that "So I guess expediting under Financial hardship to oneself doesn't raise any red flags after all." This should not be a problem in the whole process as long as you provide proof and explain your situation.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to share what I learnt in all this.
            You are indeed a blessed individual thanks for breaking it down for us here.. Well i guess u have had some form of employment here so you get a pass... I haven't had any form of employment here so I guess I'd have to wait and see it through.. I'd likely contact one of my congressmen well after 90days to see if anything can be done...

Thanks again for your input.. Have a blessed day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
              You are indeed a blessed individual thanks for breaking it down for us here.. Well i guess u have had some form of employment here so you get a pass... I haven't had any form of employment here so I guess I'd have to wait and see it through.. I'd likely contact one of my congressmen well after 90days to see if anything can be done...

Thanks again for your input.. Have a blessed day.
              I am not sure if the fact that I had my F1 visa and status had anything to do it with them approving my expedite request. It only proved that I had a legal status when applying for AOS though marriage, thus I did not accumulate any illegal stay. And I didn't have to apply for a SSN because I already had one.

As long as you have an active job offer, you can ask for the expedite process. It is not certain that they will approve it, but your congressman/senator can be of big help if they intervene for you, and it is very likely that it will get approved quite soon after the intervention.

I am not sure about the 90 day period. I know the 90 day processing timeline was before all these delays happened in the current processing times, but when I spoke with a Level 2 officer at one instance in the middle of August (so last month), he said something like "Well, the current priority dates are January 15, and your priority date is June 4, so you are still in normal processing time". So if it were to wait for the normal processing times, our EADs will take between 5 and 7 months to be processed, which now is considered "normal processing times".

But definitely, try to obtain a job offer letter, I can tell you from experience and from what I read on this forum, it is the most fast and secure way to obtain your EAD sooner.

You too have a blessed day!

USCIS - Chicago, IL
              Interview - 12/13/2018
              GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

• USCIS received my app on June 28th.
                bio: july 24th
                called to expedite EAD: sept 12th
                called congressman: sept 12th
                email from USCIS requesting fax (job offer): sept 14th
                fax sent: sept 14th

No updates.

Anyone who had a similar track please let me know your timetable and average time for everything

Thank you so much!

Comment

• Filed: 06/28
                  Bio: 07/24
                  Called USCIS for expedite EAD: 09/12
                  Called Congressman: 09/12
                  E-mail from USCIS to fax job offer: 09/14
                  Faxed job offer: 09/14

Anyone with similar track please let me know your timeline!
                  Has any received their EAD (june filers)??

Comment

• Originally posted by rialvie View Post
                    Hi everyone, any updates on your EAD? I haven?t received any updates on mine 😔

PD: 6/18
                    Biometrics: 7/12 (walk in)
                    Case ready to be scheduled interview: 8/7

Now my status is stuck 😔
                    I hope you are reading other threads in this forum. Currently April and may 2018 filers are getting ead approval. June filers should expect next month approvals
                    Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765 , I-131
                    Field Office:Houston

6/12 Package Sent
                    6/15 Priority Date
                    6/21 Checks Cashed
                    6/21 NoAs via Email/Text
                    6/25 NoAs via Mail
                    7/6 Biometric letter
                    7/18 Biometric Done
                    7/19 Status for 485 and 765 changed to "Finger Print review was completed"
                    7/25 Status for 485 changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled for an Interview"
                    10/15/2018 status for 765 changed to ?new card is being produced ?

Comment

I am not sure if the fact that I had my F1 visa and status had anything to do it with them approving my expedite request. It only proved that I had a legal status when applying for AOS though marriage, thus I did not accumulate any illegal stay. And I didn't have to apply for a SSN because I already had one.

As long as you have an active job offer, you can ask for the expedite process. It is not certain that they will approve it, but your congressman/senator can be of big help if they intervene for you, and it is very likely that it will get approved quite soon after the intervention.

I am not sure about the 90 day period. I know the 90 day processing timeline was before all these delays happened in the current processing times, but when I spoke with a Level 2 officer at one instance in the middle of August (so last month), he said something like "Well, the current priority dates are January 15, and your priority date is June 4, so you are still in normal processing time". So if it were to wait for the normal processing times, our EADs will take between 5 and 7 months to be processed, which now is considered "normal processing times".

But definitely, try to obtain a job offer letter, I can tell you from experience and from what I read on this forum, it is the most fast and secure way to obtain your EAD sooner.

You too have a blessed day!

This is very helpful. But I don't have an SSN I guess that's where the big difference is and I doubt Any coy would give a job offer since I don't have an SSN... Well i will try cos I see a lotta juicy job ads online and I must tell you it's very tempting based on my past job experiences and what I can bring to the table.

I will key into this. Thanks a lot and hope you have a good day as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by vlvl View Post
                      Filed: 06/28
                      Bio: 07/24
                      Called USCIS for expedite EAD: 09/12
                      Called Congressman: 09/12
                      E-mail from USCIS to fax job offer: 09/14
                      Faxed job offer: 09/14

Anyone with similar track please let me know your timeline!
                      Has any received their EAD (june filers)??

Hi there... I filed June 30th...we have almost similar time lines... If i may ask how did you get a job offer? Do u have an SSN prior to your application for AOS.... Kindly respond as it'd be helpful for many here... God bless.

Comment

• I did have a SSN from a previous OPT 3 years ago. I went back to school and became a nurse. I got a job offer as a grad nurse.

Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                        This is very helpful. But I don't have an SSN I guess that's where the big difference is and I doubt Any coy would give a job offer since I don't have an SSN... Well i will try cos I see a lotta juicy job ads online and I must tell you it's very tempting based on my past job experiences and what I can bring to the table.

I will key into this. Thanks a lot and hope you have a good day as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there... I filed June 30th...we have almost similar time lines... If i may ask how did you get a job offer? Do u have an SSN prior to your application for AOS.... Kindly respond as it'd be helpful for many here... God bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlvl View Post
                          I did have a SSN from a previous OPT 3 years ago. I went back to school and became a nurse. I got a job offer as a grad nurse.
                          U have a job offer? Expedite your EAD asap... Lol... What you waiting on? Congrats in advance...

Comment

• I had a job offer since May.. and just now found about the expedite.
                            I had asked my lawywer if it was possible to make things go faster and she had said NO. (smh)

Through forums i found out and called to expedite last week 9/12 and called a congressman the same day.
                            09/14 I received an e-mail to fax my job offer and I did on the same day.
                            Haven't heard anything yet.
                            Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                            U have a job offer? Expedite your EAD asap... Lol... What you waiting on? Congrats in advance...

Comment

Hello again

Well my package just got delivered and I shouldn't be on this thread but I am totally on the same boat as you, I'm (hopefuly) graduating this December with my Ph.D. and my advisor wants to keep me around for a while, I have SSN (research assistant) and had EAD (OPT between the degrees).

I can definitely ask for an offer letter since there are projects we are going to focus on but would you recommend directly contacting the representative on the initial expedite request? I don't want to be seen very demanding and why did we fill out I864 if we are going to have financial hardship, you know.

Do you just call or email the representatives? Or go to their offices?
                              Marriage based AOS

Concurrent filing for I 130, I 485 and I 765
                              Florida

09/19/18; PD
                              09/26/18; checks cashed, USCIS text received
                              10/01/18; NOAs received
                              10/19/18; Biometrics letter
                              10/22/18; Biometrics (early walk-in)
                              10/24/18; Interview Scheduled (Notice)
                              10/29/18; Interview Scheduled (Mail received)
                              11/28/18; The Interview, approval on spot
                              12/06/18; GC in hand

Comment

• I called first and they send you privacy forms and release forms that they need due to new-ish regulations .
                                And they will let you know once they contacted the USCIS. If they don't I would e-mail for a follow-up.

Originally posted by gradstudent2018 View Post
                                Well my package just got delivered and I shouldn't be on this thread but I am totally on the same boat as you, I'm (hopefuly) graduating this December with my Ph.D. and my advisor wants to keep me around for a while, I have SSN (research assistant) and had EAD (OPT between the degrees).

I can definitely ask for an offer letter since there are projects we are going to focus on but would you recommend directly contacting the representative on the initial expedite request? I don't want to be seen very demanding and why did we fill out I864 if we are going to have financial hardship, you know.

Do you just call or email the representatives? Or go to their offices?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X