No announcement yet.

June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in the same place as you.. I feel like I'm stuck at home not being able to do anything.
    I called almost every day since I asked for an expedite and the Tier 2 officers have given me a different answer every single time. When I called today and a Tier 2 officer today he said there is no way to find out if they received it or not... the only thing they can see on their screen is if our expedite was "granted" or "denied" ( I don't know if I believe him).

I took USFFS advice and mailed my evidence today (I paid extra for tracking). Hopefully that gives it a boost

Originally posted by freespirited View Post
    Has USCIS stopped expediting? We requested an expedite last month (August 28) and they asked for evidence which we faxed and mailed. It's been 3 weeks and I heard nothing since. contacted the congressman on friday. Nothing was updated online, and I have not received a response. Really frustrated because everytime I called they said it takes 3 weeks and its almost a month now. I spoke to a tier 2 last week who said case is being adjudicated so it can't be expedited. today she said the same thing. its just really frustrating because my husband spent a lot of money applying for a job for me and now I'm stuck in a limbo just waiting for an EAD. Should I wait or ask another expedite request tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by vlvl View Post
      I am in the same place as you.. I feel like I'm stuck at home not being able to do anything.
      I called almost every day since I asked for an expedite and the Tier 2 officers have given me a different answer every single time. When I called today and a Tier 2 officer today he said there is no way to find out if they received it or not... the only thing they can see on their screen is if our expedite was "granted" or "denied" ( I don't know if I believe him).

I took USFFS advice and mailed my evidence today (I paid extra for tracking). Hopefully that gives it a boost
      Good! Let's hope that gives it a boost!

Comment

• Originally posted by vlvl View Post
        I am in the same place as you.. I feel like I'm stuck at home not being able to do anything.

I really hope it goes well for you!! I mailed mine as well but still nothing. I guess I will mail it again
        Field Office: Hartford, CT
        PD: 06/11/18
        RFIE sent: 07/10/18
        RFIE received: 07/14/18
        Biometric appointment done: 07/14/18
        RFIE response received by USCIS: 07/17/18
        I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 07/23/18
        I-765 & I-131 New card being produced: 10/8/18
        I-485 Interview was scheduled: 02/06/2019

Comment

• The same to you too!! Lets hope we hear some good news soon!!

I really hope it goes well for you!! I mailed mine as well but still nothing. I guess I will mail it again

Comment

• Originally posted by freespirited View Post
            Has USCIS stopped expediting? We requested an expedite last month (August 28) and they asked for evidence which we faxed and mailed. It's been 3 weeks and I heard nothing since. contacted the congressman on friday. Nothing was updated online, and I have not received a response. Really frustrated because everytime I called they said it takes 3 weeks and its almost a month now. I spoke to a tier 2 last week who said case is being adjudicated so it can't be expedited. today she said the same thing. its just really frustrating because my husband spent a lot of money applying for a job for me and now I'm stuck in a limbo just waiting for an EAD. Should I wait or ask another expedite request tomorrow?
            I was in a similar situation, I called to expedite on the 21st of August, and by the time they sent me the letter asking for proof and me sending them proof via fax, was August 30. But then nothing happened until we called the congressman's office, and after that, within 7 days, my card was being produced. I think it helps to show as much evidence of financial hardship as possible. I even sent a copy of my Ph.D. degree that I received in August telling them that I lost my income as a research assistant because I graduated so I really need the EAD to be able to start working (I also sent them the job offer letter).

Also, the congressman's office told me that it usually takes USCIS 5-10 days to get back to them, but it can take up to max 30 days, and they cannot do anything about this. So it is still a waiting game, even if you reach out to senator/congressman. However, it definitely helped me (please see my signature with my timeline), and I am sure it will strengthen your expedite request as well.

Good luck!
            Marriage to USC-based AOS

USCIS - Chicago, IL
            Documents Sent (USPS)- 6/1/18
            Received by USCIS - 6/4/18
            Received 4 NOAs in mail - 6/15/2018
            Biometrics appointment letter - 6/22/2018
            Biometrics appointment - 7/2/2018
            EAD Expedite Request - 8/21/2018
            EAD card being produced - 9/17/2018
            Combo card in hand - 9/23/2018
            I 485 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - 9/20/2018
            Interview Scheduled Notification - 11/2/2018
            Interview - 12/13/2018
            GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

• Sos

Actual amount fees for concurrent application for AOS..also how much on each money order..tnks

Comment

• Thank you

Originally posted by gjv View Post
                I was in a similar situation, I called to expedite on the 21st of August, and by the time they sent me the letter asking for proof and me sending them proof via fax, was August 30. But then nothing happened until we called the congressman's office, and after that, within 7 days, my card was being produced. I think it helps to show as much evidence of financial hardship as possible. I even sent a copy of my Ph.D. degree that I received in August telling them that I lost my income as a research assistant because I graduated so I really need the EAD to be able to start working (I also sent them the job offer letter).

Also, the congressman's office told me that it usually takes USCIS 5-10 days to get back to them, but it can take up to max 30 days, and they cannot do anything about this. So it is still a waiting game, even if you reach out to senator/congressman. However, it definitely helped me (please see my signature with my timeline), and I am sure it will strengthen your expedite request as well.

Good luck!
                Thank you so much for this! Its definitely reassuring because I thought something was wrong. My congressman said he didn't need evidence just yet till he asks. I guess I will give it a little more time and send my degree as well.
                Thanks once again

Comment

• Same situation - Hartford office

Hi! My field office is also Hartford. No word or update yet. I also asked for help from a Senator. Sadly, it is just waiting game for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by rialvie View Post
                    Hi! My field office is also Hartford. No word or update yet. I also asked for help from a Senator. Sadly, it is just waiting game for us.
                    on what basis did you expedite or ask for help from Senator? Job offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by rialvie View Post
                      I heard the senator's office takes forever so I just went to my congressman. I know it's a waiting game and I wouldn't mind if I wasn't losing job offers and being in debt.

Comment

I heard the senator's office takes forever so I just went to my congressman. I know it's a waiting game and I wouldn't mind if I wasn't losing job offers and being in debt.
                        I would try the senator. I "heard" just isn't enough of a reason for me to not try that route. I'd still be in Colombia for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                          I would try the senator. I "heard" just isn't enough of a reason for me to not try that route. I'd still be in Colombia for that matter.
                          Good point. thanks for your response. Does the request have to be from my husband (citizen) or it can be from myself?

Comment

Good point. thanks for your response. Does the request have to be from my husband (citizen) or it can be from myself?
                            You may both sign the letter explaining the situation. However, the intending immigrant must sign the Privacy Release Form. I would call first and ask the caseworker how to proceed.
                            Just say that you are calling because you need help communicating with USCIS and would like to know how to proceed. Say it's urgent. Some offices will say you can send it by fax, but you may ask if email is an option. They will give you an email. Verify that the form that is online is the one they want you to fill out. We filled out one they had on their site, and that form said - Immigration Casework - and a FULL week later they told us - oh that's not the correct form. Fill this one out, instead. GENIUS...

Once you send it in, call to make sure that they received it and that it didn't go into their spam folder. If you send it via email, make sure you cc yourself. And then you wait...

Comment

Here is a good "I heard" story.
                              My husband's best friend could have applied for several diversity lotteries BUT she "heard" that you needed 2 years of work experience. Once, in passing, she mentioned that. I took her to the website and showed her that you must have a High School Diploma OR 2 years of work experience in specific trades listed on the Diversity lottery website. Well... funny story, the person who she "heard" it from won the lottery. So that person was just thinning out the herd for his/her own benefit, and it works. The fewer applicants, the greater your odds of winning are.
                              My husband's best friend had been in the US multiple times on multiple F-1 visas. She's had the option of entering the diversity visa lottery - as well as my husband, but neither one ever thought of it. Always google whatever you hear or ask people gently - is that fact or your opinion?

Comment

• is there a way to find out if the FBI is still doing a background check? I still have not gotten any answers to my expedite request nor has my congressman. My job is emailing me about that staus and I have NOTHING to tell me...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X