June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vlvl View Post
    is there a way to find out if the FBI is still doing a background check? I still have not gotten any answers to my expedite request nor has my congressman. My job is emailing me about that staus and I have NOTHING to tell me...
    You can call and ask a Level 2 officer. You will hear a lot of clicking. He/she will go from one system to another to check. Note: They use 5 systems to do background checks.
    If the level 1 does not want to transfer you, assertively insist or keep calling until you're able to get through. I have noticed that the later you call, the more that level 1s will try to dissuade you from wanting to speak to a level 2.

Comment

• I called and spoke with a Level 2 just now. She said she couldn't see i nthe system where my case is at. All she said was, "All I can see is that you requested an expedite and they sent you a notice about it". And that I should call back next week (which I have been hearing since last week). I'm going in loops at this point lol

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      You can call and ask a Level 2 officer. You will hear a lot of clicking. He/she will go from one system to another to check. Note: They use 5 systems to do background checks.
      If the level 1 does not want to transfer you, assertively insist or keep calling until you're able to get through. I have noticed that the later you call, the more that level 1s will try to dissuade you from wanting to speak to a level 2.

Comment

I called and spoke with a Level 2 just now. She said she couldn't see i nthe system where my case is at. All she said was, "All I can see is that you requested an expedite and they sent you a notice about it". And that I should call back next week (which I have been hearing since last week). I'm going in loops at this point lol
        Well, that is an interesting piece of information. Did the lever 2 mean that she could not see the physical location of your I-485? They're able to see that. Then I have to wonder IF they're not able to pinpoint the location of the file IF the file is in transit to the Field Office.

Comment

• I called in regard to my Employment Authorization.
          So they can see the stage of the process?
          I might call again tomorrow since they give me a different answer everytime. I received a notice saying my the evidence that I mailed in was delivered so fingers crossed that they send me a receipt that they received it

Well, that is an interesting piece of information. Did the lever 2 mean that she could not see the physical location of your I-485? They're able to see that. Then I have to wonder IF they're not able to pinpoint the location of the file IF the file is in transit to the Field Office.

Comment

I called in regard to my Employment Authorization.
            So they can see the stage of the process?
            I might call again tomorrow since they give me a different answer everytime. I received a notice saying my the evidence that I mailed in was delivered so fingers crossed that they send me a receipt that they received it
            In order for them to look up your EAD they have to look up your I-485. That's the main case. It makes sense to do so to get a more complete picture of what is happening. It's also not written anywhere but adjudicators will ignore EAD applications of people who are in faster jurisdictions. It makes sense to do so. Why waste time on an EAD application from Jacksonville, FL if those folks are being scheduled for interview within 90 days.

Comment

• Thats actually so funny cause my office is Jacksonville, FL!!!
              So if I called about the status of my I-485 will they be able to give me some answers??

In order for them to look up your EAD they have to look up your I-485. That's the main case. It makes sense to do so to get a more complete picture of what is happening. It's also not written anywhere but adjudicators will ignore EAD applications of people who are in faster jurisdictions. It makes sense to do so. Why waste time on an EAD application from Jacksonville, FL if those folks are being scheduled for interview within 90 days.

Comment

Thats actually so funny cause my office is Jacksonville, FL!!!
                So if I called about the status of my I-485 will they be able to give me some answers??
                LOL, that's funny. I had no idea.
                So yes, you have the fastest field office right now. The data has not been published for the most recent quarter BUT I have read of several people getting their interviews at the speed of light.
                SOOOOOO... I would call and and ask to speak to a level 2. Ask specifically for the physical location of your file. Is it at the NBC or at the field office? Is it in transit to the field office? If it's in transit, would the level 2 be able to see that is in transit, OR would they see nothing - and in that case you would deduce that it is in transit.

I would also make an infopass AND start preparing your evidence. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...449#post582449

Comment

• Thank you I will call them right now!
                  What would be the benefit of making an infopass??

LOL, that's funny. I had no idea.
                  So yes, you have the fastest field office right now. The data has not been published for the most recent quarter BUT I have read of several people getting their interviews at the speed of light.
                  SOOOOOO... I would call and and ask to speak to a level 2. Ask specifically for the physical location of your file. Is it at the NBC or at the field office? Is it in transit to the field office? If it's in transit, would the level 2 be able to see that is in transit, OR would they see nothing - and in that case you would deduce that it is in transit.

I would also make an infopass AND start preparing your evidence. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...449#post582449

Comment

Thank you I will call them right now!
                    What would be the benefit of making an infopass??
                    If you get nowhere with the level 2. AND of course, the fact the level 1, level 2 or whatever, those folks are not immigration officers. They are customer service reps with varying degrees of access to your files. That's it. On the contrary, the person you would speak to at Infopass IS in fact an Immigration Services officer.
                    Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 09-27-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• I called them and they said that my case is at the field office (I honeslty have no idea what that means) and if I wanted to know where the process is at I would have to make an appt with them.

If you get nowhere with the level 2. AND of course, the fact the level 1, level 2 or whatever, those folks are not immigration officers. They are customer service reps with varying degrees of access to your files. That's it. On the contrary, the person you would speak to at Infopass IS in fact an Immigration Services officer.
                      Last edited by vlvl; 09-27-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Update:
                        New card is being producedddd!!!!

Comment

I called them and they said that my case is at the field office (I honeslty have no idea what that means) and if I wanted to know where the process is at I would have to make an appt with them.
                          Did you speak to a level 2 officer? If a level 2 office said that your case is at the field office, then that means that it was already physically transferred to the field office. Cases remain at the NBC until the Field Office requests the file, then the interview is scheduled. It makes sense to keep cases at the NBC because it would otherwise be messy if someone moves.

There is a tools outage scheduled for tonight between 21:00 and midnight Eastern Time. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tools-outage

The bimonthly shower of interviews usually takes place after ward.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by vlvl View Post
                          Update:
                          HAHA congratulations! Had not seen this.
                          And sometimes, people get both the EAD and interview. So there you go! One down, one more to go.

Comment

• Thank you so much for your help!
                            Hopefully it will be mailed soon eek! (dont know the average time but hopefully sooner than later)

Did you speak to a level 2 officer? If a level 2 office said that your case is at the field office, then that means that it was already physically transferred to the field office. Cases remain at the NBC until the Field Office requests the file, then the interview is scheduled. It makes sense to keep cases at the NBC because it would otherwise be messy if someone moves.

There is a tools outage scheduled for tonight between 21:00 and midnight Eastern Time. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tools-outage

The bimonthly shower of interviews usually takes place after ward.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHA congratulations! Had not seen this.
                            And sometimes, people get both the EAD and interview. So there you go! One down, one more to go.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help!
                              Hopefully it will be mailed soon eek! (dont know the average time but hopefully sooner than later)
                              You should get tracking number in a day or two. The approval notices will be mailed first, though. Those do not come with a tracking number. So don't go crazy wondering if that's the card or not.

Comment

Update:
                                Congratulations! Awesome news! I know the feeling so I am sure you are so relieved. I got the notification ?Card is being produced? on Monday and received the card in my mailbox on Saturday, so hopefully you will get it soon.
                                Marriage to USC-based AOS

USCIS - Chicago, IL
                                Documents Sent (USPS)- 6/1/18
                                Received by USCIS - 6/4/18
                                Received 4 NOAs in mail - 6/15/2018
                                Biometrics appointment letter - 6/22/2018
                                Biometrics appointment - 7/2/2018
                                EAD Expedite Request - 8/21/2018
                                EAD card being produced - 9/17/2018
                                Combo card in hand - 9/23/2018
                                I 485 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - 9/20/2018
                                Interview Scheduled Notification - 11/2/2018
                                Interview - 12/13/2018
                                GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X