X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vlvl View Post
    Update:
    New card is being producedddd!!!!
    At last... Congrats Congrats... Now u can breathe lol...

Comment

• My job just gave me a deadline of Oct 11th so hopefully, it gets here before that!!

Hope everyone here starts getting an update soon!

Comment

My job just gave me a deadline of Oct 11th so hopefully, it gets here before that!!

Hope everyone here starts getting an update soon!
        You are already authorized for employment. Even if you the EAD gets lost - you are already authorized for employment. If you really needed to show proof right this second, you could call USCIS in the presence of your employer and have the representative verify that you are authorized to work.

Comment

• New Card being Produced!!!

I got my case expedited through assitance from a US Connecticut Senator and now my card is being produced.

I am very much relieved now!

Comment

• Congratulations!!!!!! I just got that notice myself and it caught me off guard!
            I guess getting help from the Senator really helped!

Originally posted by rialvie View Post
            I got my case expedited through assitance from a US Connecticut Senator and now my card is being produced.

I am very much relieved now!
            Last edited by vlvl; 09-28-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Informed delivery

This might be a stupid question... but how does informed delivery work?
              Is it for all mails that I receive or just USCIS?

Comment

This might be a stupid question... but how does informed delivery work?
                Is it for all mails that I receive or just USCIS?
                If you register for informed delivery on usps website.you can check any mail coming in your way through an app, that way you wont miss on any.it shows any mail coming to you along with the route its from from.

Comment

• I see.. so it is going to say something like from USCIS for my EAD?
                  Thank you for your response!

Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
                  If you register for informed delivery on usps website.you can check any mail coming in your way through an app, that way you wont miss on any.it shows any mail coming to you along with the route its from from.

Comment

• July filer - need help

Hi guys! I posted on the June filers thread but did not get an answer. im trying here because you guys are more active, and offer a lot of help. I usually do not comment, but always read your comments and im very happy every time I see someone getting an update, we are all in this together.

My questions:

I applied to adjust my status on July 18th. I am currently a F-1, but im about to graduate in December. My school is asking me to apply for my OPT ASAP, but I prefer to wait for my I-765 to get approved. What are your thoughts?

Also, am I considered to be in the US legally, after I graduate (my F-1 is of course conditional to me being at school), if my I-485 is pending?

I am adjusting my status under the Cuban Amendment Act (I was born in Cuba).

I really appreciate your comments. I know you are not lawyers, and I will probably contact a friend of mine who is a lawyer, but I still would love to hear your feedback. Sometimes we know more than lawyers as we are more emotionally involved in our cases, and probably spend hours on the USCIS site reading (I do).

Thanks!!!!

Comment

• I can't answer some of your questions because I don't know but I was also a F1 student and got married after I graduated. If you are in the United States right now then you are legally here. However, you cannot leave the country or else you will not be allowed back in. I am even able to take online classes even though I terminated my F1.
                      I am not sure if you can transfer your OPT's EAD card once you get your I-765 approved, I'm sure someone in this forum can. BUT it does take a loong time to get the I-765 approved (mine took 3 months but some people wait longer).

Originally posted by lolita0001 View Post
                      Hi guys! I posted on the June filers thread but did not get an answer. im trying here because you guys are more active, and offer a lot of help. I usually do not comment, but always read your comments and im very happy every time I see someone getting an update, we are all in this together.

My questions:

I applied to adjust my status on July 18th. I am currently a F-1, but im about to graduate in December. My school is asking me to apply for my OPT ASAP, but I prefer to wait for my I-765 to get approved. What are your thoughts?

Also, am I considered to be in the US legally, after I graduate (my F-1 is of course conditional to me being at school), if my I-485 is pending?

I am adjusting my status under the Cuban Amendment Act (I was born in Cuba).

I really appreciate your comments. I know you are not lawyers, and I will probably contact a friend of mine who is a lawyer, but I still would love to hear your feedback. Sometimes we know more than lawyers as we are more emotionally involved in our cases, and probably spend hours on the USCIS site reading (I do).

Thanks!!!!

Comment

• Thanks!

Originally posted by vlvl View Post
                        I can't answer some of your questions because I don't know but I was also a F1 student and got married after I graduated. If you are in the United States right now then you are legally here. However, you cannot leave the country or else you will not be allowed back in. I am even able to take online classes even though I terminated my F1.
                        I am not sure if you can transfer your OPT's EAD card once you get your I-765 approved, I'm sure someone in this forum can. BUT it does take a loong time to get the I-765 approved (mine took 3 months but some people wait longer).
                        I really appreciate your help. I sent my application in July, and already completed my BIO, hopefully I should get my work permit by the end of October or November. I just have anxiety (like probably all of you here), and don't know if I should apply for my OPT contemporaneously, I think it is a waste of money.

I have been applying for jobs, starting in January or June (to give me some time) and when asked I say I don't need sponsorship, because I wont.

I hope we all get our GC soon!!! this wait is horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolita0001 View Post
                          I really appreciate your help. I sent my application in July, and already completed my BIO, hopefully I should get my work permit by the end of October or November. I just have anxiety (like probably all of you here), and don't know if I should apply for my OPT contemporaneously, I think it is a waste of money.

I have been applying for jobs, starting in January or June (to give me some time) and when asked I say I don't need sponsorship, because I wont.

I hope we all get our GC soon!!! this wait is horrible.
                          I am a July filer too and was a F1 student. I got married in May and I didn?t continue with my study for fall semester.

I don?t think it?s worth it either to spend the extra money for OPT when you can most likely to get the combo card by end of this year.
                          AOS (Marriage-based)
                          Field Office: Phoenix, AZ

7/26 Arrived Chicago (Priority Date)
                          8/6 Received NOA in mail
                          8/10 Received biometric mail appt (for 8/24)
                          8/13 Bio early walk in
                          8/14 Bio fingerprints review completed
                          8/20 RFE letter in mail/RFE sent out same day
                          8/23 RFE received by USCIS
                          8/29 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                          11/29 131 & 765 approved
                          12/4 Card was mailed
                          12/7 EAD card on hand

Comment

• Ead card in production

Just woke up to a message " new card is ordered" for my EAD. Woohooo !!!

Document sent 06/06/18
                            Recieved 06/10/18
                            06/15/18 PD
                            06/25/18 NOAs RECIEVED BY MAIL
                            06/25/18 biometric notice recieved
                            07/09/18 Biometric completed
                            07/19/18 case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                            10/01/18 EAD is being produced.

Comment

• Congrats GA0019..

Wow Congrats.. this seems like if you had no RFE or anything it is quicker than normal.

my PD is 06/25.. waiting for my date to come.

Hope you get your interview date soon. keep us posted soon as you are scheduled for an interview with the field office details.

Regards
                              AK

Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
                              Just woke up to a message " new card is ordered" for my EAD. Woohooo !!!

Document sent 06/06/18
                              Recieved 06/10/18
                              06/15/18 PD
                              06/25/18 NOAs RECIEVED BY MAIL
                              06/25/18 biometric notice recieved
                              07/09/18 Biometric completed
                              07/19/18 case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                              10/01/18 EAD is being produced.

Comment

• Originally posted by a1k405996 View Post
                                Wow Congrats.. this seems like if you had no RFE or anything it is quicker than normal.

my PD is 06/25.. waiting for my date to come.

Hope you get your interview date soon. keep us posted soon as you are scheduled for an interview with the field office details.

Regards
                                AK
                                I sure will AK,
                                I had no rfe and i did not file any request for expedition. I will keep all posted.
                                Anyone have any idea how long it takes to recieve the card in hand from date of approval ??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X