June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    You may both sign the letter explaining the situation. However, the intending immigrant must sign the Privacy Release Form. I would call first and ask the caseworker how to proceed.
    Just say that you are calling because you need help communicating with USCIS and would like to know how to proceed. Say it's urgent. Some offices will say you can send it by fax, but you may ask if email is an option. They will give you an email. Verify that the form that is online is the one they want you to fill out. We filled out one they had on their site, and that form said - Immigration Casework - and a FULL week later they told us - oh that's not the correct form. Fill this one out, instead. GENIUS...

Once you send it in, call to make sure that they received it and that it didn't go into their spam folder. If you send it via email, make sure you cc yourself. And then you wait...
    My husband Called me from work and said new card is being produced. I checked and it's true by God's grace. Im soo happy. After so many fears and tears.
    Thank you USCFFS. You've helped so many people here. it should be your job tbh
    I can finally work
    Field Office: Hartford, CT
    PD: 06/11/18
    RFIE sent: 07/10/18
    RFIE received: 07/14/18
    Biometric appointment done: 07/14/18
    RFIE response received by USCIS: 07/17/18
    I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 07/23/18
    I-765 & I-131 New card being produced: 10/8/18
    I-485 Interview was scheduled: 02/06/2019

Comment

• Originally posted by freespirited View Post
      My husband Called me from work and said new card is being produced. I checked and it's true by God's grace. Im soo happy. After so many fears and tears.
      I can finally work
      Haha! Congratulations! I am very happy for you BOTH! And thank you for your kind words! I am just paying it forward.
      By the way, just because your expedite request took a little long, it does not mean it did not work. Remember that approval of the combo card depends entirely on clearance of your background checks, which no one has the power to expedite. So yours was approved as promptly as it could be approved.

All the best,

USCFFS
      Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 10-08-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Yes, sorry. I didn't realize you were not F-1. The employment letter does not have to be an elaborate letter. It can just be an email offering you the job. The job also does not have to be a fancy job. ANY JOB will do. Some people have gotten lucky. They call to expedite based on financial hardship and they get the "New Card is being produced" status update shortly after. They never had to present evidence.

If you do not have an employment letter, you can try the financial hardship route. USCIS may or may not entertain it, but that does not matter. That's why you would enlist the help of your Senator right after placing the request to expedite.

You are blessed brother thanks a lot. Well i called today and they are out cos of the Columbus holiday lol. Well I'd try calling again tomorrow... It'd be 99days tomorrow since my PD.... Its all good... Thanks again I appreciate.. I might have to get an offer letter then. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by freespirited View Post
        I can finally work

A very big congrats to you and yours... Happy for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
          You are blessed brother thanks a lot. Well i called today and they are out cos of the Columbus holiday lol. Well I'd try calling again tomorrow... It'd be 99days tomorrow since my PD.... Its all good... Thanks again I appreciate.. I might have to get an offer letter then. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

A very big congrats to you and yours... Happy for you.
          You're welcome! Keep at it. Keep looking for jobs and applying. In the mean time, you can request to expedite on the basis of financial hardship. If the level 1 officer gives you a hard time, just kindly ask them to place the request for both the I-765/I-131 and provide you with the Referral ID for each request. Tell them you've enlisted the help of your Senator and have to provide the Senator's office with the referral ID.

Comment

• Need help

I am atlanta filer. I just recieved my ead card last saturday. Do i need to visit ssa office for new ssn or ssn is issued automatically.i read somewhere its part of i765 form and i did verify that in application i sent. So what i need to do ? Wait for 7 business days as what is mentioned online or visit ssa myself ?
            Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
              I am atlanta filer. I just recieved my ead card last saturday. Do i need to visit ssa office for new ssn or ssn is issued automatically.i read somewhere its part of i765 form and i did verify that in application i sent. So what i need to do ? Wait for 7 business days as what is mentioned online or visit ssa myself ?
              Thank you.
              Look at my signature. That's my timeline. You will get your Social Security card soon, if you checked the box on the I-765 form.

Comment

• Originally posted by uscitizenfilingforspouse View Post
                look at my signature. That's my timeline. You will get your social security card soon, if you checked the box on the i-765 form.
                thank you !! I must say i have been silent reader on sites and this thread !! You are one of the most helpful person active and have seen you help many and answer questions in detail.!!
                I really hope and pray the best for you !! I will wait for my card !
                Also thank you for the link you had posted in relation to list of evidence for a bonafide marriage .you took that effort to help others ! Thank you. God bless you !

Comment

You're welcome! Keep at it. Keep looking for jobs and applying. In the mean time, you can request to expedite on the basis of financial hardship. If the level 1 officer gives you a hard time, just kindly ask them to place the request for both the I-765/I-131 and provide you with the Referral ID for each request. Tell them you've enlisted the help of your Senator and have to provide the Senator's office with the referral ID.
                  I definately will call this morning... Though I got a mail saying "We are still reviewing your case there are no updates at this time".. I will reach out to them today... The wait is killing me. Thanks again for your input... I humbly appreciate.... God bless.

Comment

I definately will call this morning... Though I got a mail saying "We are still reviewing your case there are no updates at this time".. I will reach out to them today... The wait is killing me. Thanks again for your input... I humbly appreciate.... God bless.
                    Bro I wish am getting such mail, no mails even with case inactivity turned on since August. Am closer to 110 days, I believe before his week runs out I would share my testimony

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom18 View Post
                      Bro I wish am getting such mail, no mails even with case inactivity turned on since August. Am closer to 110 days, I believe before his week runs out I would share my testimony

LOL bro getting this mail means nothing... It happens to me every 2weeks...been getting same mails every Tuesday every two weeks so I feel it's automated... I wanna call them now and find out what's really delaying.... I'd be 100 days tomoro... It sucks waiting this way mehn

Comment

• Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
                        thank you !! I must say i have been silent reader on sites and this thread !! You are one of the most helpful person active and have seen you help many and answer questions in detail.!!
                        I really hope and pray the best for you !! I will wait for my card !
                        Also thank you for the link you had posted in relation to list of evidence for a bonafide marriage .you took that effort to help others ! Thank you. God bless you !
                        You're so welcome! Your gratitude humbles me. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                        LOL bro getting this mail means nothing... It happens to me every 2weeks...been getting same mails every Tuesday every two weeks so I feel it's automated... I wanna call them now and find out what's really delaying.... I'd be 100 days tomoro... It sucks waiting this way mehn
                        That email is redundant. However, it can help you figure out if USCIS took an action on your case. If you don't get that email at some point, you may infer that USCIS took an action on your case.
                        I thought of turning it off in settings, but then figured that it would indirectly tell me if something is happening with the case.

Comment

• Well my life has taken a new turn,
                          Last night caught my wife cheating on me.. now in morning my new ssn came in... i am so lost right now.. i dont know why even i am writing on this page.

Comment

You're so welcome! Your gratitude humbles me. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

That email is redundant. However, it can help you figure out if USCIS took an action on your case. If you don't get that email at some point, you may infer that USCIS took an action on your case.
                            I thought of turning it off in settings, but then figured that it would indirectly tell me if something is happening with the case.

LOL very true... Its best to leave it on... So I contacted uscis on phone and the voice prompts never directed me to an agent I could speak to... So I had a chat with their AI assist Emma on their website and was directed to a live chat with one of their representatives.

I requested an expedite based on financial hardship as my wife is also pregnant at the moment. So he said I should provide my details which I did and he later replied he has sent an expedite request for me. He gave me a referral ID number as well and said I'd get a response on my expedite request via Mail or Email in 5days time or less. So I guess I'd have to go get an employment letter now and wait for their response.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
                            Well my life has taken a new turn,
                            Last night caught my wife cheating on me.. now in morning my new ssn came in... i am so lost right now.. i dont know why even i am writing on this page.
                            My Lord!!!... Sorry about that bro... Wow... That's not a good one... Take it easy okay am sure everything will work in your favor... Take it easy... Congrats on ur SSN though

Comment

LOL very true... Its best to leave it on... So I contacted uscis on phone and the voice prompts never directed me to an agent I could speak to... So I had a chat with their AI assist Emma on their website and was directed to a live chat with one of their representatives.

I requested an expedite based on financial hardship as my wife is also pregnant at the moment. So he said I should provide my details which I did and he later replied he has sent an expedite request for me. He gave me a referral ID number as well and said I'd get a response on my expedite request via Mail or Email in 5days time or less. So I guess I'd have to go get an employment letter now and wait for their response.
                              If you requested expedited processing based on financial hardship, you do not need a letter of employment. Now that I think about it - since your wife is pregnant, that should be enough to justify expediting your EAD. I would provide evidence that she is pregnant, medical bills, expected costs, depleting bank account.
                              Did you request for your AP to be expedited? Otherwise, USCIS may only approve your EAD. In other words, you may get a card that does not serve as Advance Parole. It will not be a combo card.
                              I would call again, and request for that to be expedited, as well. Take down the referral ID.

Comment

If you requested expedited processing based on financial hardship, you do not need a letter of employment. Now that I think about it - since your wife is pregnant, that should be enough to justify expediting your EAD. I would provide evidence that she is pregnant, medical bills, expected costs, depleting bank account.
                                Did you request for your AP to be expedited? Otherwise, USCIS may only approve your EAD. In other words, you may get a card that does not serve as Advance Parole. It will not be a combo card.
                                I would call again, and request for that to be expedited, as well. Take down the referral ID.

You are very correct now that I think of it. Hmmmm... Thanks for that thought. No I ddnt apply for AP initially as I don't really need it... Half of my family are in the US already so I really have no need traveling back to my home country for now. I took down the referall ID number I was given and I also just called my congresswomans office... She is pro-immigration and one of the major contenders for the US senate seat in the coming elections. The rep who spoke to me said he'd mail me a form I should print and fill and mail back to them and their office would see what they can do for me. He also said they can't force uscis to expedite my request but they will only back up my request with the congresswomans influence... Hoping this will work... Fingers crossed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X