No announcement yet.

June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a RFE for my I-485 and I don?t know what route should I take.
    I just need some clarification here and hopefully somebody can help answer it.

They stated that my husband didn?t make enough to sponsor me even though the last year he made 21k + (which is above poverty line)
    So is it based on the 3 years tax or the most recent one?
    Can I add my income too? (I?m making 40k + but have to wait till January to file tax return)

What if the answering time for the RFE is 87 days, we wait until January to get the tax return?

We don?t know anyone who can co-sign for us so I don?t know what else to do. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by sinyanmei92 View Post
      I just got a RFE for my I-485 and I don?t know what route should I take.

They stated that my husband didn?t make enough to sponsor me even though the last year he made 21k + (which is above poverty line)
      Can I add my income too? (I?m making 40k + but have to wait till January to file tax return)

What if the answering time for the RFE is 87 days, we wait until January to get the tax return?

We don?t know anyone who can co-sign for us so I don?t know what else to do. Thanks!
      The total income line is what USCIS cares about. You can add your income, too. You would have to carefully read the directions. There are some provisions; e.g., you need to have resided together for 6 months - I think.

Comment

• RFIE Response

Hello, back again!

Back in July my husband and I received a RFIE for his birth certificate because as i stated in my first post, he listed his grandparents as his parents. We rectified the situation with affidavits and school records, along with an unabridged birth certificate. It has been 30 days since we got notice that USCIS received it, and we have heard nothing else. What should be our next step?

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          The total income line is what USCIS cares about. You can add your income, too. You would have to carefully read the directions. There are some provisions; e.g., you need to have resided together for 6 months - I think.

can I Pm you directly? Thank you!

Comment

I sent you a reply but I don't know how the inbox thingy works so hopefully you did receive my msg

Comment

Congrats! I responded to your message with specific alternatives for you. I forgot to mention that you should fax the evidence and mail it, too - just a backup measure. You don't have to, but that fax machine was broken for a long time.
              Thank you Thank you!!! I replied to your message but I don't know if it went through, I am getting a hang on the private message part. I updated my cover letter and detailed my income-expenses=deficit, based on your recommendation, plus job offer, and bank statements. Sent the fax 3 times, just to make sure it went through (I hope they don't get annoyed), and also mailed the packet.

It is all in God's hands.

Thank you for your help, you should seriously think about doing this for a fee.

Good luck with your case!!

Comment

• Interview was scheduled

Good morning everyone!

I woke up to an email this morning that on November 2, my interview was scheduled. I am anxiously waiting for the letter, and getting ready to do my medical exam next week.

My field office is Washington DC (Fairfax).

It was faster than I expected it, and I feel nervous, but I am excited it is finally happening. Now we just have to prepare all the documents.
                Marriage to USC-based AOS

USCIS - Chicago, IL
                Documents Sent (USPS)- 6/1/18
                Received by USCIS - 6/4/18
                Received 4 NOAs in mail - 6/15/2018
                Biometrics appointment letter - 6/22/2018
                Biometrics appointment - 7/2/2018
                EAD Expedite Request - 8/21/2018
                EAD card being produced - 9/17/2018
                Combo card in hand - 9/23/2018
                I 485 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - 9/20/2018
                Interview Scheduled Notification - 11/2/2018
                Interview - 12/13/2018
                GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

• Wow congrats! That was fast! What status are you adjusting from?

Originally posted by gjv View Post
                  Good morning everyone!

I woke up to an email this morning that on November 2, my interview was scheduled. I am anxiously waiting for the letter, and getting ready to do my medical exam next week.

My field office is Washington DC (Fairfax).

It was faster than I expected it, and I feel nervous, but I am excited it is finally happening. Now we just have to prepare all the documents.
                  DACA approved: 12/2014
                  I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 apps. sent: 6/28/2018
                  NOA receipt notices received: 7/13/2018
                  I-485- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview.: 8/1/2018
                  I-765/I-131- Card received.: 10/26/2018
                  11/5/19- INTERVIEW SCHEDULED/NOTICE LETTER RECEIVED!
                  12/9/19- Interview/approval on same day/card being produced.
                  12/12/19- (email) GC being mailed to me notice received.
                  12/13/19- (email) USPS picked up card in mail.
                  12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by keldreams View Post
                    Wow congrats! That was fast! What status are you adjusting from?
                    Thank you! I was an F1 student and graduated in August so I am adjusting from that status.
                    Marriage to USC-based AOS

USCIS - Chicago, IL
                    Documents Sent (USPS)- 6/1/18
                    Received by USCIS - 6/4/18
                    Received 4 NOAs in mail - 6/15/2018
                    Biometrics appointment letter - 6/22/2018
                    Biometrics appointment - 7/2/2018
                    EAD Expedite Request - 8/21/2018
                    EAD card being produced - 9/17/2018
                    Combo card in hand - 9/23/2018
                    I 485 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - 9/20/2018
                    Interview Scheduled Notification - 11/2/2018
                    Interview - 12/13/2018
                    GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom18 View Post
                      Most cases in fingerprint review completed still remain the same, Even after 100 days of the status "fingerprint review completed ". Usually uscis takes from this pool to interview was scheduled, but things are changing. Luck counts in every detail. Word of positivity, our faith would open the doors of smiles Amen.

Bro me don tire oh... It is well let's hope for a positive week... Still no word on the 765...still working on the RFE to send this week... Hmmmmm... It is well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                        Bro me don tire oh... It is well let's hope for a positive week... Still no word on the 765...still working on the RFE to send this week... Hmmmmm... It is well.
                        What are the documents you want to send? I also got RFE on my i-485 though I don't know what it is about but feel it may be something concerning tax return since that's what almost everyone is getting 😁... Have already requested for the transcript which will arrive almost same time I'd get the letter... Please how long did it take you to get the mail after the online update about the rfe?

Comment

• Patience is Key

Originally posted by sinyanmei92 View Post
                          I just got a RFE for my I-485 and I don?t know what route should I take.

You can submit pay stubs as well. if your paid biweekly, then 2-4 stubs should be good enough for them to get an idea of your income. Your best bet is to call them for clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donny_29 View Post
                            What are the documents you want to send? I also got RFE on my i-485 though I don't know what it is about but feel it may be something concerning tax return since that's what almost everyone is getting 😁... Have already requested for the transcript which will arrive almost same time I'd get the letter... Please how long did it take you to get the mail after the online update about the rfe?
                            Hey bro... Well I'd say wait till you receive the rfe... Everyone's case is different so be sure to get it 1st...mine took 5days to get to me. I am still waiting for the transcripts from irs...shoukdbget it today or moro... Thats all they requested from me so that's all I will send.

Any news about you i765 expedite? Me ddnt hear anything I guess they are waiting for my RFE.... Well all the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                              Hey bro... Well I'd say wait till you receive the rfe... Everyone's case is different so be sure to get it 1st...mine took 5days to get to me. I am still waiting for the transcripts from irs...shoukdbget it today or moro... Thats all they requested from me so that's all I will send.

Any news about you i765 expedite? Me ddnt hear anything I guess they are waiting for my RFE.... Well all the best.
                              I requested the transcript so as to send it immediately if that's what they want. I submitted all proof and paperwork during the time of filing. Moreover my attorney was the one that prepared everything so I feel we submitted everything then but I'd still wait to know what the rfe is about... My i-765 is still on the same status of expedite completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donny_29 View Post
                                I requested the transcript so as to send it immediately if that's what they want. I submitted all proof and paperwork during the time of filing. Moreover my attorney was the one that prepared everything so I feel we submitted everything then but I'd still wait to know what the rfe is about... My i-765 is still on the same status of expedite completed.
                                You can't be sure... Just wait. And getting the transcripts isn't where it ends... U have to file it. They want proof u filed your taxes with IRS for the previous year... Anyhw when u get it. You'd know what is needed. My expedite for 765 still says case has been assigned to an officer for review... Its all good

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X