June 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
    I paid all those taxes for every year I worked on my L-visum. My employer deducts it similar to employees who are green card holders or citizens. But not sure if I am actually liable to pay this as on a non-immigrant visum, I never challenged my employer on it though :-)
    Busted! Visum... German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish?

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      Busted! Visum... German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish?
      LOL Dutch... i guess I should say visa?
      Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
      AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
      DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
      DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
      DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
      DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
      DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
      JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
      FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
      FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

LOL Dutch... i guess I should say visa?
        LOL, I am a naturalized US citizen! You may say Visum all you want. I refuse to pronounce Volkswagen the american way. I can't. It's FOLKSVAAHGEN in German not VOLXWAYGEN. (I am the product of a Deutsche Internationale Schule from pre-K till Gymnasium)

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          LOL, I am a naturalized US citizen! You may say Visum all you want. I refuse to pronounce Volkswagen the american way. I can't. It's FOLKSVAAHGEN in German not VOLXWAYGEN. (I am the product of a Deutsche Internationale Schule from pre-K till Gymnasium)
          Ach so... 😇
          Jetzt ist alles klar!

End of the day, I guess every American is an immigrant except the native population...

Comment

• Originally posted by Donny_29 View Post
            Thanks man. Quick question did your wife add you to her health insurance? I heard if my wife should add me they'd count it as public charge.
            Public charge for what bro? Well no she ddnt. My new job gives me full medical insurance for myself...with dental and vision...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
            I paid all those taxes for every year I worked on my L-visum. My employer deducts it similar to employees who are green card holders or citizens. But not sure if I am actually liable to pay this as on a non-immigrant visum, I never challenged my employer on it though :-)
            Thanks for your response Sir... Well i got my 1st paycheck and got taxed about 10.4% of my pay check... Not bad tho... But I know this will increase once my son is born.... Lol... Have a great day...

Comment

• [QUOTE Thanks for your response Sir... Well i got my 1st paycheck and got taxed about 10.4% of my pay check... Not bad tho... But I know this will increase once my son is born.... Lol... Have a great day...[/QUOTE]

My pleasure. 10% is low if that includes all taxes including federal and state.
              Why would taxes increase after you get a kid? Kids should help with the tax liability ;-)

Comment

[QUOTE Thanks for your response Sir... Well i got my 1st paycheck and got taxed about 10.4% of my pay check... Not bad tho... But I know this will increase once my son is born.... Lol... Have a great day...
                My pleasure. 10% is low if that includes all taxes including federal and state.
                Why would taxes increase after you get a kid? Kids should help with the tax liability ;-)[/QUOTE]

Am new to all this... I guess it should... 2nd pay cheque the tax increased to 15.8%...lmao...am super confused... I have since contacted HR about this anyways.... Maybe I'd have to go over that W4 again... Confusing.

Comment

• June 7 EAD filer

Originally posted by gladys0612 View Post
                  @fluphy, I didnt get any response on the 19th of December and called to raise a SR with a Level 2 officer.

Fingers crossed, praying and hopeful.

Has every June 2018 filer received EAD?
                  Its 202days now o!
                  I'm also a June 7 2018 C9 EAD filer (206 days) at NBC, and requested SR on Dec. 07 without any response. Very frustrating.

United in prayers,

Muzu

Comment

• I didn't get a response to SR either but they updated my card status on 12/28 as card is being processed and it was mailed yesterday. So hopefully they are not responding because your card is about to be sent too.

Good luck, I hope you will get it soon as well.

Originally posted by gladys0612 View Post
                    @fluphy, I didnt get any response on the 19th of December and called to raise a SR with a Level 2 officer.

Fingers crossed, praying and hopeful.

Has every June 2018 filer received EAD?
                    Its 202days now o!

Comment

• I trust everyone's year started on a good note... Happy 2019....God bless u all

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                        I trust everyone's year started on a good note... Happy 2019....God bless u all
                        Same to you!

Comment

• Finally....

Originally posted by fluphy View Post
                          I didn't get a response to SR either but they updated my card status on 12/28 as card is being processed and it was mailed yesterday. So hopefully they are not responding because your card is about to be sent too.

Good luck, I hope you will get it soon as well.
                          ...and God did it Just like That! Finally...I got a notification yesterday "card picked by usps". The journey was long...it brought out so much patience and trusting God for me.

06/08 Posted documents
                          06/22 Notifications recieved and checks cashed
                          07/16 Biometrics
                          07/19 RFE for donors
                          09/04 USCIS updated that RFE was received (meanwhile the documents were missing for over 2weeks).

Nothing again!
                          11/27 SR via phone
                          12/19 SR again and spoke with level 2 office asking for expidate
                          12/28 Email recieved requesting to send evidence for expidated service
                          01/09 Fax and mailed out an email stating that my application is past processing time, that was why I requested for expidated service. That was all, i didnt want to say financial hardship because i have a sponor remember!
                          01/17 card picked!

For those in the waiting room, God will come through. Dont loose hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by gladys0612 View Post
                            ...and God did it Just like That! Finally...I got a notification yesterday "card picked by usps". The journey was long...it brought out so much patience and trusting God for me.

06/08 Posted documents
                            06/22 Notifications recieved and checks cashed
                            07/16 Biometrics
                            07/19 RFE for donors
                            09/04 USCIS updated that RFE was received (meanwhile the documents were missing for over 2weeks).

Nothing again!
                            11/27 SR via phone
                            12/19 SR again and spoke with level 2 office asking for expidate
                            12/28 Email recieved requesting to send evidence for expidated service
                            01/09 Fax and mailed out an email stating that my application is past processing time, that was why I requested for expidated service. That was all, i didnt want to say financial hardship because i have a sponor remember!
                            01/17 card picked!

For those in the waiting room, God will come through. Dont loose hope!
                            Congrats!

Comment

• I sent out my I-485 last June, got an RFE last late October and I did send out updated information via express mail early November. So far I haven't heard anything from the USCIS. I called in and they said they received nothing. Should I re-send another package since my due date to respond would be Feb15 2019??? I'm super worried now.

Comment

• Interview today!

So my interview today was at 1:45pm and we got done at 2pm. I had prepared one folder for all the documents (marriage license, I -20 etc). One folder for evidence of marriage. And 3 photo albums from 2012-2019.

The officer did not open any of my folders.
                                She asked to see our passports, our marriage license. As she asked my spouse about ?how we met? she asked me to give her copies of proof of marriage. I handed her a copy of our joint bank account, health insurance, lease, utility bills.

She wrote down everything my spouse was saying.
                                - where and when did we meet?
                                - what was our wedding like and who was there?
                                - how long did we date before we got engaged?
                                - how long were we engaged before we got married?

She then asked me questions in the application itself (have i been denied a visa; have i been charged with anything etc etc)

THEN THE BEST PART
                                She said our application would have been approved today but my doctor FORGOT to sign my medical exam. Once I mail the exam back she will approve my application!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X