Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOS after entering via VWP (new 30/60/90 days guideline from DOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS after entering via VWP (new 30/60/90 days guideline from DOS)

I entered the US based on a VWP with the intention of just visiting my wife and bringing our dog over with the intention to see if he would be able to settle here in the US to then go back and work in my homecountry to do the I-130 process from there through CP.

However I recently learned about the option of AOS and between that and our dog being restless when I'm not around and my wife asking to stick around and go through the process here in the US I've got the intention of going for an AOS while I'm here.

Currently I'm predominantly worried about the new 30/60/90 day guidelines that the DOS adopted and in how much it might influence my application. My I-94 is valid till the end of August so based on previous advice (that might be outdated) I was thinking of sending everything in after 60 days.

In addition there are some circumstances that don't necessarily fit in the typical mould (but it's our story), but for the most part those are things that will become relevant later. I met my wife online back in November and rather quickly we decided we wanted to get married. After visiting her in December we both went to Europe where we married in January, after which she returned to the US. Between this (short engagement, recently married and the guidelines) my only concern for now is the question of intent or rather how to prove that there wasn't any when I entered the US.

Any advice is appreciated (and yes I'm well aware that people that plan on going the K-3/CR-1 route in general are typically sour when they hear about AOS plans, I was one of them).

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X