• Tracker not updated and interview coming soon

Hi all
    Let me explain you my timeline first

PD 03/28/2018
    Biometrics letter 04/14/2018
    biometrics completed 05/02/2018
    Interview Notice:05/21/2018
    interview date 06/25/2018

Yes... I know it's happening really fast. I'm going to have my interview in less than 3 months since my papers were received
    But when I check the tracker for I485 it doesn't even says that I already have my interview scheduled
    Then for the EAD it still says they received my form on 03/28/2018

Did anyone have same problem noticing that tracker is not updated even received some letters?
    Of course... due that, I have no idea about my EAD
    I would rally appreciate any comment on a similar situation
    Because what worries me now is how I'm going to follow my case after the interview if the tracker is not updated

Also, if anyone from the area (Arlington, Virginia) wants to share the experience with the interview, I really appreciate it

Thank you!!

Originally posted by Arlington-VA View Post
    Hi all

PD 03/28/2018

Yes... I know it's happening really fast. I'm going to have my interview in less than 3 months since my papers were received
    But when I check the tracker for I485 it doesn't even says that I already have my interview scheduled

Did anyone have same problem noticing that tracker is not updated even received some letters?
    Because what worries me now is how I'm going to follow my case after the interview if the tracker is not updated

Also, if anyone from the area (Arlington, Virginia) wants to share the experience with the interview, I really appreciate it

Thank you!!
    The EAD takes 4-6 months to be approved. If you are approved on the spot for your Green card then you don?t need the EAD. If not, ask the interviewer about it at the end of your interview. I have both the case tracker and the USCIS.gov accounts.

Comment

Hi all

PD 03/28/2018

Thank you!!
      I am the same as you. My forms were received on 04/12/18 and I already have interview scheduled for early July. My tracker has updated to say interview scheduled, that happened about 5 days before I received my interview notice in the mail.

But if you do get your GC approval in the interview you won't need the EAD anyway.

From what I'm aware of, sometimes your trackers don't get updated, I guess it depends on the officer assigned to your case, if they remember to update it. But don't worry about anything, even though your tracker for your I-485 isn't updated, the fact you received your notice means you're well on your way. Your I-797C Receipts are more important.

Good luck.
      Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
      4-12: Arrived in Chicago
      4-14: Picked up by USCIS
      4-19: Email & text notifications received
      4-23: I-797 Receipts received
      4-27: Biometrics notice received
      5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
      5-11: Biometrics completed
      6-04: Interview scheduled
      6-09: Received interview letter
      7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
      7-13: Card was Mailed
      7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Hi all

PD 03/28/2018

Thank you!!
        At this point, I would not worry about the tracker not updating. What matters is that your interview was scheduled and you got the notice.

I would suggest going through the links within this link to prepare for your interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...iew-tips/page4

You can find screenshots of my Table of Contents here. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...656#post564656

Here is the Table of contents I used as a guide. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ocuments/page4

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

i want to share with you the good news!

Just as a reminder these are my dates

PD 03/28/2018
          Which means that yesterday i had the interview

We had like 150 pictures + another 50 pictures for our wedding
          Also we took originals and copies of all documents we submitted and the updated version.. Latest bank statement, latest tax return, latest utility bill
          Important, they asked us the W2 to prove payments.. We didn't have it, but we had latest bank statement showing income paid by employer.. so we were ok
          But just in case, also take with you W2 form, and a copy, of course.
          Just give them copies. they might ask to see the original, but have copies becuase they will not return any doc you give them

The officer asked for 2 or 3 pictures.. not even looking the album. then he said that we already submitted pictures, so no needed

He started checking documents and then started with the interview
          How did you you meet?
          Where did you meet?
          What makes you fall in love?
          Why you decided to commit?

Only that. No more details. We were expecting a lot of questions, but my lawyer said we had submitted really good documents and that made it easier
          Officer said that we'll receive an answer in the following 2 months and my attorney asked him if he will consider it for approval, but he said he is not allowed to answer that
          Today I got a staus update from the website (one day after the interview) under my I485 case number:

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

Everything happened in less than 3 months. I didn't even get work permit...

I don't know how long it will take now to get the green card itself...
          I wanted to share this with the forum, because it was a real good help during my process and helping with the stress and a lot fo questions that I had

Comment

i want to share with you the good news!

Just as a reminder these are my dates

PD 03/28/2018
            Which means that yesterday i had the interview

We had like 150 pictures + another 50 pictures for our wedding
            Also we took originals and copies of all documents we submitted and the updated version.. Latest bank statement, latest tax return, latest utility bill
            Important, they asked us the W2 to prove payments.. We didn't have it, but we had latest bank statement showing income paid by employer.. so we were ok
            But just in case, also take with you W2 form, and a copy, of course.
            Just give them copies. they might ask to see the original, but have copies becuase they will not return any doc you give them

The officer asked for 2 or 3 pictures.. not even looking the album. then he said that we already submitted pictures, so no needed

He started checking documents and then started with the interview
            How did you you meet?
            Where did you meet?
            What makes you fall in love?
            Why you decided to commit?

Only that. No more details. We were expecting a lot of questions, but my lawyer said we had submitted really good documents and that made it easier
            Officer said that we'll receive an answer in the following 2 months and my attorney asked him if he will consider it for approval, but he said he is not allowed to answer that
            Today I got a staus update from the website (one day after the interview) under my I485 case number:

I wanted to share this with the forum, because it was a real good help during my process and helping with the stress and a lot fo questions that I had
            Congrats! My case has also progressed really quick and my interview falls just under 3 months since filing. My interview is early next month, so I like to hear information about how people's interviews have gone. Enjoy your green card!
            Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
            4-12: Arrived in Chicago
            4-14: Picked up by USCIS
            4-19: Email & text notifications received
            4-23: I-797 Receipts received
            4-27: Biometrics notice received
            5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
            5-11: Biometrics completed
            6-04: Interview scheduled
            6-09: Received interview letter
            7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
            7-13: Card was Mailed
            7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Congrats! We received Green Card in mail exactly one week after on the spot interview approval. Best of Luck!
              City applied from: Los Angeles, CA
              3/08/18 - PD (Chicago lockbox)
              3/28/18 - USCIS cashed checks
              3/29/18 - 4 texts and 4 emails
              4/02/18 - 4 NOA letters
              4/06/18 - Biometrics Notice
              4/16/18 - Biometrics Completed
              4/16/18 - I-693 courtesy letter
              4/23/18 - 'interview ready to be scheduled'
              5/12/18 - revcd I-797C informing interview date
              6/15/18 - Interview (approved on the spot)
              6/16/18 - Case tracker notified us 'New Card is being Produced'
              6/22/18 - revcd Green Card

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X